X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ: Private Messaging and Privacy

Hi all

It has come to our attention that in the recent past, members have received unwanted private messages from individuals.

Firstly, if this happens, you can report the offending private message to the moderating team.

However, to avoid it in the first place, it is advised you turn off private messaging for anyone except contacts and moderators.

To do this, hit SETTINGS (top right corner of the screen) then in the left hand panel hit GENERAL SETTINGS.

Under the Private Messaging section, tick the box which says receive PMs from CONTACTS AND MODERATORS ONLY.

You can then add contacts who you trust via the NETWORKING/FRIENDS AND CONTACTS menu on the left side panel.

If you don't want Private Messages at all, then you turn them off entirely, although moderators will still be able to contact you (we'll always be nice, promise!)

Another menu that is handy for self protection is MY PROFILE/MY PRIVACY in which you can toggle who can see your contact details (please never include anything personal and any email address you want, ensure only your contacts can see it) and you can edit who can leave you visitor messages on your profile.

It's important you have a look at these to avoid receiving unwanted correspondence.

I'd also take this time to seriously reitorate that this is a public forum and will always remain so. That means that anyone can read what you write so for your own protection, never post anything in the public forums that could identify you.

No contact deals, no names, no locations closer than a county, no unique identifying factors in your case etc.

This is both for your own protection and for legal reasons.

If you feel you want your posts edited or deleted at any time, contact myself or our amazing moderator Casehardened.

And similarly, any questions about any of this, post on here for a response from any member or contact myself or CH directly.

Thanks!!
    "Be sure your sin will find you out"

Numbers 32:23
Working...
X