DBS Check advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBS Check advice

I have told my story before on here but a quick recap for those who have missed it or forgotten. I have been accused of an incident of sexual activity with a 15yr old student I taught. I completely deny all the accusations and am not sure why she is saying these things. I have resigned my post and have been charged, I am due in Mags court soon where it will be sent to Crown Court. I am now unemployed having lost my house and career I took so long to get.

So my question, I have been offered courier work but need to pass a basic DBS check, will the charges show up and will they prevent me from working? As a courier, there will not be any safeguarding issues and I will not be in breach of any of my bail conditions. Any ideas?

Dbs

there will be nothing on your DBS unless your found guilty...you are still innocent X

Comment

Originally posted by thinkaboutnothingelse View Post
      there will be nothing on your DBS unless your found guilty...you are still innocent X
      A bit of good news? That makes a change! Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Originally posted by thinkaboutnothingelse View Post

Not necessarily true. It depends on the local police protocols. It could be that the fact an allegation has been made, will show....
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Dbs

i thought an allegation could only show on an enhanced DBS not a standard one? You will get the DBS sent to your address, they no longer send a copy to your employer so you will see it first, if thats any help x

Comment

That's how it should work yes. How it actually works is rather different, rather like (in sex cases) a def is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. If our defs don't go all out to find evidence to help his case, then they would be found guilty......

So the burden of proof is on the def / accused, not on the prosecution.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi Panic. My OH recently started a new job as a courier. His dbs was all ok,but this was before charge.
              Not sure if it would show after charge??.

Comment

My son is awaiting for crown court at the moment.
                But when we had a hope to get NFA at any moment, my son applied for a very good job.
                after 3 interviews he was told that now he needs to come only through security check and the job is his.
                After a while we w got a letter -he didn't get that job without explanation. The only thing we could think is somewhere it can be seen (I mean his situation)

But you can order basic DBS to your home address , it cost £25, and you can see by yourself what is there

Comment

I have an enhanced DBS and not only did my charges show, so did OH's- read like a crime novel.

After being acquitted DBS have decided charges have to stay for 5 years, using this "balance of probabilty " c***
                  They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

It's funny how the Police and CPS like to use this "balance of probability" ****. In my case, the allegation was NFA'd and an internal investigation by my employers identified the allegation was deliberately malicious. However, the Police have told me it may still appear on my DBS because there is insufficient evidence to say it was a false allegation from the police's perspective. The police work towards a different legal threshold which is based on whether there are reasonable grounds to believe someone has committed an offence but my employers investigation was on the balance of probabilities. It infuriates me how the Police use this system to their own advantage in disclosing information on DBS checks which can imply very different outcomes for people.

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
                      I have an enhanced DBS and not only did my charges show, so did OH's- read like a crime novel.

After being acquitted DBS have decided charges have to stay for 5 years, using this "balance of probabilty " c***
                      Please can you elaborate?

What did you apply for as in job? Was it standard or enhanced? Were you acquitted? Then did you apply? How many charges came up?
                      Did the police tell you they were going to inform? How awful is that
                      Did you appeal?

Comment

I'm a registered nurse, working with people with advanced dementia and challenging behaviour. It's an enhanced disclosure.
                        I changed jobs whilst on bail, told the interview panel the basics but wasn't prepared for what showed up.

Got the job anyway as i was never suspended or investigated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council. It all hangs on whether you are deemed "fit to practice".

No I haven't appealed
                        They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
                          I'm a registered nurse, working with people with advanced dementia and challenging behaviour. It's an enhanced disclosure.
                          I changed jobs whilst on bail, told the interview panel the basics but wasn't prepared for what showed up.

Got the job anyway as i was never suspended or investigated by the Nursing and Midwifery Council. It all hangs on whether you are deemed "fit to practice".

No I haven't appealed

So say if you were hypothetically charged and cleared, and then applied for jobs (instead of applying for jobs whilst on bail), could it still come up?

Comment

Originally posted by Blingguy View Post
                            So say if you were hypothetically charged and cleared, and then applied for jobs (instead of applying for jobs whilst on bail), could it still come up?
                            Yes, it can still come up - especially in highly sensitive roles where developed vetting is a prerequisite.

Submitted my application for PNC records to be deleted a month ago (NFA'd 7 months ago) but haven't heard anything back from local force yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalNightmare View Post
                              Yes, it can still come up - especially in highly sensitive roles where developed vetting is a prerequisite.

Submitted my application for PNC records to be deleted a month ago (NFA'd 7 months ago) but haven't heard anything back from local force yet.
                              What does developed vetting mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X