Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met police may end policy of automatic belief of sex abuse complaints

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...ays-hogan-howe

This seems like it could help a lot of souls on both sides in the long term.

SIDE-THOUGHTS:

How is it we have a justice system where two drunken adults who engage in a sexual act, one of them can be accused of a sexual crime, which leads to court?!:
    If two drunk drivers crashed - who is to blame between the two? What happened to the old adage - it takes two to tango?

Also, how can an FA feign non-recollection of a night and the court find the person he/she accuses guilty, but if the falsely accused claims non-recollection he/she is sent to the bin? Where's the justice in that?

i just put this on the 'news' bit without realising it was on here already... sorry lol - i found the bbc article interesting (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35546690) .... although this bit pees me off:

"The public should be clear that officers do not believe unconditionally what anyone tells them. They are listened to, sometimes at length, before the decision is made to begin an investigation," he added

our FA accusers story is so far fetched, and contradicts herself in her own statement that if the above really applied then there would of been no investigation im certain!!!

and breath...... lol
    "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

This should be extended to all police forces.

It is wrong that in these cases you are guilty until proven innocent. Or rather you're never actually innocent rather after being accused of a sex crime you're always treated as guilty albeit with insufficient evidence. It is currently impossible to be innocent of a sex crime

Comment

Much needed

Originally posted by wakingnightmare View Post
        This should be extended to all police forces.

It is wrong that in these cases you are guilty until proven innocent. Or rather you're never actually innocent rather after being accused of a sex crime you're always treated as guilty albeit with insufficient evidence. It is currently impossible to be innocent of a sex crime
        I couldn't agree more ... Although my OH was nfa'd the stigma attached to this sort of accusation will always remain
        Oooooh it makes my blood boil 😡
        'God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers'

Comment

This is welcome news (but my cynicism wonders if it has been prompted by the flood of FA's stretching police resources rather than concern for the falsely accused)

[moved to the News Section as being more appropriate]
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I heard about this and welcome the news. I've read somewhere that police investigations are supposed to be impartial, objective and balanced but they often aren't. I've recently made a formal complaint against the police force who investigated me in relation to a false allegation for failing to act impartially and look into the issues I raised about my accuser having a history of making false allegations and fraud. After I produced evidence my case was dropped quite quickly but they knew about the situation at the start and I feel like they just dismissed what I said.

What the Police seem to ignore is that false allegations cause a great deal of harm, waste police time and undermine genuine victims. The abuse caused through a false allegation is just as harmful as being a victim of a sexual offence and I should know as I was also abused when younger but I've never made a complaint because I have absolutely no faith in the Police.

Comment

wakingnightmare This should be extended to all police forces.

could not agree more my sons life is ruined now all because of an evil nasty piece of work

Comment

No one is above the law

I was charged with 5 counts of rape against my ex-wife and was acquitted on all counts.

My rape trail lasted 2 weeks with no witlessness, cctv or medical evidence being produced by the Police.

At the trial I proved that I was not capable of raping my ex-wife at the time she claimed as I had a broken thumb, which I had medical evidence from the local hospital to prove.

When the CPS barrister told the jury I had a broken thumb at the time of the supposed attack the crown case collapsed.

I made a complaint to both the IPCC and CPS saying that my ex-wife made false raping allegations, but was told there was a case to answer and they were correct with charging me with rape.

My ex-wife knew that making a rape allegation would automatically end our marriage and give her full control of the family home and automatic custody of our son.

In England and Wales in 2015, 9000 women accused their current partner of rape knowing they were above the law and would neve face any prosecutions for perverting the course of justice and perjury.

Making a rape allegation against your husband is now the first step in many divorces in England & Wales and the conviction rate is almost 0.

It should be the case that if a rape prosecution fails in court the accused is allowed to make a complaint against his accuser if there is sufficient evidence to prove the victim lied in their evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Unhappy View Post
                  I was charged with 5 counts of rape against my ex-wife and was acquitted on all counts.

My rape trail lasted 2 weeks with no witlessness, cctv or medical evidence being produced by the Police.

At the trial I proved that I was not capable of raping my ex-wife at the time she claimed as I had a broken thumb, which I had medical evidence from the local hospital to prove.

When the CPS barrister told the jury I had a broken thumb at the time of the supposed attack the crown case collapsed.

I made a complaint to both the IPCC and CPS saying that my ex-wife made false raping allegations, but was told there was a case to answer and they were correct with charging me with rape.

My ex-wife knew that making a rape allegation would automatically end our marriage and give her full control of the family home and automatic custody of our son.

In England and Wales in 2015, 9000 women accused their current partner of rape knowing they were above the law and would neve face any prosecutions for perverting the course of justice and perjury.

Making a rape allegation against your husband is now the first step in many divorces in England & Wales and the conviction rate is almost 0.

It should be the case that if a rape prosecution fails in court the accused is allowed to make a complaint against his accuser if there is sufficient evidence to prove the victim lied in their evidence.
                  What reason have the Police given you for refusing to allow you to make a complaint against your ex wife? I would escalate your complaint if you are not happy with their explanation and see your M.P. It's horrific she did that to you and is basically allowed to get away with it.

I have been given an apology by Cambridgeshire Police for their failings in my case in relation to not being impartial and making insensitive remarks. I was reminded that I had been the subject of a criminal investigation when I tried to make a complaint about my accuser but the Chief Inspector who has been dealing with my complaint said he will be speaking to the officer about her attitude towards me because it was not acceptable. I have also been told that my accuser was not very forthcoming in terms of meeting with officers and would often delay meeting with them by staying abroad longer on holiday. This infuriates me as it was him who brought the complaint and caused it to take 16 months before it was dropped and there wasn't a single word of truth in it. If everybody starts to make more complaints against the Police then hopefully they will start to listen and take on board our views.

Comment

Working...
                  X