Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Saltrese early acquittal

Hi all,

I have never posted on here before but hope it might be useful for others if I do so.

To give a brief background on the story I was falsely accused by an ex girlfriend from many years ago out of the blue. I was interviewed then charged and was due to go to trial. Due to the work of Chris Saltrese and his team the CPS have dropped this case pretty trial.

I cannot recommend Chris and his time highly enough. Throughout the process they have been professional, knowledgeable and have always been available whenever needed. The quality of their work has been very high (I work in a professional environment similar to this so have some judgements regarding high quality report writing). If anyone finds themself in a similar situation to mine I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this team for your defence.

If anyone has any questions about the process or anything feel free to post in here and I will get back to you!

I love to hear good news especially when it involves solicitor Chris!

Fab!
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Great news!! How much did it cost you in the end mate??

Comment

Ring Chris's office and ask for a quote. All cases are different

Comment

Just spoken to the office and got a rough quote ... Even though I haven't been charged yet ... Still human nature to expect and prepare for the worst I suppose.

A lot of money going private I must say...

Are there any good legal aid in the north west?

Comment

I agree with Rights Fighter - not sure if it would be appropriate to post a figure as it could mislead people. Everyone's case is different and I'm sure would be of a different level of complexity. What I can say is that the bill I have received is very much a fair reflection of the work performed.

You are correct - going private is expensive. For me however legal aid would have also had a significant cost. At this point if I were you I'd try forget about it until you hear from the CPS. In my case it took over 14 months from interview to a charging decision so try get on with your life as best as you can.
            Last edited by freeman; 10 February 2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Great news

great to,hear that it was resolved before trial..
              OH found not guilty last year after 2 week trial, hardest time of our lives but chris Saltrese and team
              Guided us through whole process and I wholeheartedly agree with your post I would wholeheartedly recommend Chris Tania and team to anyone accused of a false allegation.

Comment

Fantastical news, great that your nightmare is over

Comment

Originally posted by Inadarkplace View Post
                  Just spoken to the office and got a rough quote ... Even though I haven't been charged yet ... Still human nature to expect and prepare for the worst I suppose.

A lot of money going private I must say...

Are there any good legal aid in the north west?

I've seen quotes from other places and people that are sometimes 10 times what Chris charges and that is without the barrister / QC

You need to shop around, but don't always go for what appears to be the cheapest. Not all private client sols have the same amount of experience as Chris.

Comment

Thank you for informing us. And such a relief for you that this was resolved prior to trial.

We also used Chris. He was brilliant.

Best Wishes for the future.

Comment

Welcome Freeman.

I'm happy to see that you've been able to avoid the pain of a trial. It's also good to see yet another triumph for Solicitor Chris.

I wonder if you could tell us the circumstances (reasons) which led to the case being dropped?

Best Wishes & Welcome

TBG1

Comment

Ooooo yes - I meant to ask that!!

Comment

Originally posted by TBG1 View Post
                          Welcome Freeman.

I'm happy to see that you've been able to avoid the pain of a trial. It's also good to see yet another triumph for Solicitor Chris.

I wonder if you could tell us the circumstances (reasons) which led to the case being dropped?

Best Wishes & Welcome

TBG1
                          Hi, thanks for the welcome and kind thoughts of everyone. In answer to your question I don't think we will ever get a full explanation as to why the case has been dropped. The CPS have decided to submit no evidence for trial and so it is being classified as no case to answer.

Without having any inside knowledge of their processes this could be due to a review of their evidence and deciding it is too weak or potentially counsel wishing to drop it. It could also potentially be a response to the very detailed and thorough defence case statement prepared by Chris which may have caused them to reconsider the initial charging decision.

It may be that at some point in the near future we receive further information as to why but I'm not sure if you ever really get to know. Apologies if this is not particularly helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by freeman View Post
                            Hi, thanks for the welcome and kind thoughts of everyone. In answer to your question I don't think we will ever get a full explanation as to why the case has been dropped. The CPS have decided to submit no evidence for trial and so it is being classified as no case to answer.

Without having any inside knowledge of their processes this could be due to a review of their evidence and deciding it is too weak or potentially counsel wishing to drop it. It could also potentially be a response to the very detailed and thorough defence case statement prepared by Chris which may have caused them to reconsider the initial charging decision.

It may be that at some point in the near future we receive further information as to why but I'm not sure if you ever really get to know. Apologies if this is not particularly helpful!

Hi Freeman,

On the contrary - what it lacks it detail actually speaks volumes for the value of having a savvy legal team. It suggests to our forum members that the 'Interview (inevitably leads to) Charge (inevitably leads to) Trial' chain can be broken by careful and knowledgeable work by both yourself and your legal advisor(s). That's not only valuable information, but hopeful information too.

Beyond that, I imagine that were I in your position I wouldn't particularly care why it's over....just that it is.

Once again, great news - and Best Wishes,

TBG1

Comment

Totally agree with your comments. One thing I would add is that if you are falsely accused and charged, my advice would be that just because you are innocent you shouldn't take such things lightly and Bury your head in the sand.

As soon as you get prosecution documents it is well worth spending as much time as you can going through and finding all inconsistencies, lies etc you can, including considering which witnesses could be called or evidence that could be used to disprove or challenge claims made.

If you do this in a coherent manner and pass on to your legal team it makes their job a whole lot easier, whilst also ensuring you get a legal team confident in these issues to also point out all of the issues.

I believe now given my case that doing this at an early stage post trial can give you a much better job of things not proceeding - if you take away all prosecution lines of attack like we did then when opposing counsel comes to review a case it makes it much more difficult for them.

It may also be the case that demonstrating you are willing to fight and are organised with a coherent defence might also make the CPS less likely to pursue. It shows that if they want to take the case to trial you have a coherent rebuttal to their claims and might put off barristers and make their job far more difficult.

Comment

Working...
                              X