Any guild lines for contacting an MP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any guild lines for contacting an MP?

Obviously this is far off in the future for us as it's been under four months, but just planning ahead as CPS don't seem particularly interested in getting to our case anytime soon. I've seen our MP in the smaller debates on BBC parliament and he seems great but just wondering how you go about approaching him about such a sensitive subject? What is the process?

Should you bring evidence of your innocence and letters from sol to prove your not a guilty person trying to 'get off' I'm a bit apprehensive about approaching him in case he hears historic rape and shuts down. Also as i know some people have waited years how long would you wait before it's reasonable to take action?
    Thanks all
    Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

I approached my MP,she was quite helpful and did badger the CPS for us. Unfortunately the CPS sent our file back to the OIC so we,'re back to the waiting game.

Comment

How long did the CPS have it before you contacted MP? It really is the last port of call for us as everyone is refusing updates
      Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

They had it for 6 weeks,I used the argument that is justice slower in my neck of the woods or is it austerity cutbacks leaving the CPS understaffed.

She wouldn't really get too involved in his innocence or guilt but was willing to help when I used the anti Tory argument!!😀😀

Comment

Ours is pretty anti tory too so may try that our case has spent 15 weeks with CPS now and it's only had a cursory glance. Thinking of another four or five months telling OIC we do still exist, although he won't really know anything! Then if it gets to a year asking our MP for help.

Comment

Though I may be a stark raving lunatic by then, time is going so slowly and it's really more existing than living.

Comment

It might be worth a go. Mine was more than happy to give them a kick up the bum.

Hasn't really helped much though!!

Comment

I'm really hoping FA is pushing things at her end A they are more likely to respond to an alleged victim and look at it and B it will make her look like she has an agenda.

Comment

I think you would be best approaching in person.

The approach I'd take is the length of time it takes to investigate (I use that term very loosely) and the impact it is having on your family life.

The investigations into historic abuse is very topical at the moment with many seeming to think it's only celebrities or high profile people - Lord Bramall etc that are treated like this when in fact it's everyone.

The whole system is corrupt and needs reviewing.

Comment

The police completed investigations within twelve days CPS are only taking so long because it's non priority and they have a backlog. Thank you will try that approach OH has had to turn down jobs due to not knowing what was happening and we've put off a big move, so it's had a pretty big effect on us.

Comment

I went to see my MP after waiting nearly a year and investigation still being on going. She was very supportive and contacted the Police on my behalf to find out why my case was taking so long. We did get more information which helped but I still waited a long time before the outcome. I've since been back to see her and she has got involved again regarding another matter but the police are very slow and needed a reminder sending as they didn't reply to her letter. Your MP should be supportive and it's a very current issue. If you have any evidence which undermines the allegation then I would also take this and discuss it.

Comment

Working...
                      X