Been re-bailed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been re-bailed.

Just had it confirmed off my solicitor that the OIC had emailed her to say I had been re-bailed (under the same conditions) till early April!
    Not a great shock if i'm honest, this had been indicated to me that this would be the case very early on!!

She said I dont need to attend the police station, the re-bail date and details have been posted out to me....this was a slight shock has it had been suggested on here that I would need to attend, even if i was being re-bailed!

So more waiting!
    I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has supported up to this point!
    I'm not sure if I would be in such a positive frame of mind (as i am!)
    Thanks guys (and girls) x

I have nothing to add but the waiting is completely rubbish and big big hugs to you and family!
    At least your case is with the CPS rather than the police who seem to hold on to a case for ages. Stay strong, it does get easier slowly and surely xxxx
    Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

early april is the same time we've been rebailed to... lets hope and pray the april is the month of the banana's!! keep strong, it is devastating to know its going on for longer, i can really feel your, we've just come to accept that it is the life we have to put up with at the moment.. keep strong h xx
      "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Did your solicitor mention if the CPS were back logged or anything like that? I'm back in for the end of the month and was wondering if this might possibly be the same case with me.

Comment

Like i said at the beginning, the police and solicitor made me very aware of the cps position re: high volumes of cases (so yes i guess backlogs if you will)
          I can't be sure, but i would say different areas could be busier than others? Or maybe more efficient than other areas?
          Also i'm not entirely sure but maybe the severity of the allegations...or how much evidence etc may hold up, or indeed speed up any decisions?

Who knows?
          Just keep going guys x

Comment

Hi

My son was 're-bailed three times but didn't have to appear at any of them, I looked on this as a positive. Hang on in there.

Comment

Best of luck mate. I hope your ordeal is over soon.

Comment

Yes I know the CPS in our area is back logged possibly because we live in a city?
                The Clerk for the serious sexual assault department said when the come in they are rated red, orange or green and red are dealt with first and so on and so forth. Ours wasn't even marked as green due to police recommendation (which is hard not get excited about) but also means we'll be waiting ages as it's very low priority.

You can ring the CPS to see if they have looked at your case but wait until you really can't wait any longer as there is a good chance they will ask you not to call again!
                Last edited by Lilyput; 5 February 2016, 07:13 PM.
                Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Good advice hon. It is difficult waiting around but there is also a danger you could piss them off, which might result in a less than decent "investigation". The police don't investigate / check everything particularly well anyway, as we know. CPS are also frequently criticised for not looking at everything....
                  People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

My partner is on bail till beginning of April it hasn't gone to cps yet as apparently not enough evidence but let's hope we all get positive outcomes in that month I've got a feeling though my partner is going to be rebailed as will only be his second bail.

Comment

Working...
                    X