Advise on school actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise on school actions

As some of you may know, yesterday I was charged with 3 counts of sexual contact with a 15yr old girl, all charges I vehemently deny. I have been suspended from the school where I work and they took the position that I was on long term sick. Since the charges the school has held assemblies with the students and sent out letters to parents stating that I was not at work due to 'posing a risk to children' and I had been charged with sexual activity against a child aged 13 or over. No mention of me maintaining my innocence or anything. I am now genuinely fearing for my house and for myself as this is a small community, I have sent my partner and daughter away to live with relatives.

Can the school do this?

Support

That sounds very wrong-minded to me.

I can understand suspension/absence as sensitive issue but to publish to parents is not right.
    Innocent until proven guilty?

Keep strong.

Comment

Wow this seems incredible to me!
      I would be speaking to my solicitor about this!!!
      Keep strong, and just keep your wits about you!
      All the best pal

Comment

Originally posted by Aidy View Post
        Wow this seems incredible to me!
        I would be speaking to my solicitor about this!!!
        Keep strong, and just keep your wits about you!
        All the best pal
        Welcome to the hell of being falsely accused I had the same my work naming and shaming me to all work colleagues I was dropped instantly over an allegation I had to move out of the city in the end as I was fearful of being assaulted etc. All I can say mate your not alone it's living hell I won't lie and you will feel guilty until proven innocent

I wish you well my friend my trial starts in a few days so can as a positive say now you've been charged you will know what your up against

Don't give up and dig out your boxing gloves

Comment

Originally posted by bootandsuit View Post
          Welcome to the hell of being falsely accused I had the same my work naming and shaming me to all work colleagues I was dropped instantly over an allegation I had to move out of the city in the end as I was fearful of being assaulted etc. All I can say mate your not alone it's living hell I won't lie and you will feel guilty until proven innocent

I wish you well my friend my trial starts in a few days so can as a positive say now you've been charged you will know what your up against

Don't give up and dig out your boxing gloves
          Thanks for message of support, I hope everything goes in your favour over the next few weeks! Keep us updated.

Comment

Can your Union not advise on whether the School have acted properly.

I understand the suspension but they have made it impossible for you to return to your position at a later date.

The presumption in these cases seems to be guilty until proven innocent sadly, which is plainly wrong. Was the justice system always like this?

Now you've been charged you can start the process of clearing your name.

Comment

I've asked a solicitor about this. I'll post if/when I get a response.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Just had this from solicitor Chris

There is nothing to stop the school doing this, although in the interests of fairness they should have said that the accused denies the offences.
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  Just had this from solicitor Chris
                  Great, I appreciate you asking the question on my behalf. Any chance of this slipping under the press radar have now gone. Good job I'm selling the house and moving away.

Comment

I think this is appalling!!!

When I was charged, albeit not with sex offences the only people who knew at work were the ones I told- no manager said anything.
                    I work with vulnerable adults so to be charged with threatening and abusive behaviour could have raised some alarms.

I think that's disgusting. I would speak to your union as well
                    I hope when your found not guilty you sue the pants off them
                    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

our FA has a friend who works in a shop who when customers come in ask if they know us and if they say yes than she tells them all that is happening (funnily she says it from the false accusers side, i;ve never told her whats really happening cos she ignores me but then apparantly she always finish's with "but i don't beleive it") and then asks if there were students of my OH (private teaching - music) and if they say yes than she said that the police would be wanting to speak to them (would the fa know this??) anyway.... funny thing is the polcie have said to us they don't want to talk to our previous students (because they discovered she lied about learning the instrument anyway...) but when i said this to the OIC she said there is nothing they can do it about it.... the truth is though the thing that annoys me the most is that if the police would want to speak about it all that's happened i'd rather the police approach them with them not knowing anything at all so that there statements arn't tainted...and i can't imagine it was a wise thing for the school to do aswell as it will affect the schools reputation??
                      "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Originally posted by hello88 View Post
                        our FA has a friend who works in a shop who when customers come in ask if they know us and if they say yes than she tells them all that is happening (funnily she says it from the false accusers side, i;ve never told her whats really happening cos she ignores me but then apparantly she always finish's with "but i don't beleive it") and then asks if there were students of my OH (private teaching - music) and if they say yes than she said that the police would be wanting to speak to them (would the fa know this??) anyway.... funny thing is the polcie have said to us they don't want to talk to our previous students (because they discovered she lied about learning the instrument anyway...) but when i said this to the OIC she said there is nothing they can do it about it.... the truth is though the thing that annoys me the most is that if the police would want to speak about it all that's happened i'd rather the police approach them with them not knowing anything at all so that there statements arn't tainted...and i can't imagine it was a wise thing for the school to do aswell as it will affect the schools reputation??

Ouch Hello I am so glad she our FA lives miles away! Though she does do her stirring via facebook!

Why do people latch on to the student/teacher stories idk how long you have been teaching but surely the fact no other students have come forward must say something? Teenagers often get inappropriate crushes on teachers and tell lies.
                        Maybe the girls parents are really pushing for the school to take action on the matter, so they've written a letter to sort of cover themselves?
                        Just focus on doing everything in your power to prove your innocence. Are you member of a union you could possibly ask them about this?
                        Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Originally posted by panic View Post
                          As some of you may know, yesterday I was charged with 3 counts of sexual contact with a 15yr old girl, all charges I vehemently deny. I have been suspended from the school where I work and they took the position that I was on long term sick. Since the charges the school has held assemblies with the students and sent out letters to parents stating that I was not at work due to 'posing a risk to children' and I had been charged with sexual activity against a child aged 13 or over. No mention of me maintaining my innocence or anything. I am now genuinely fearing for my house and for myself as this is a small community, I have sent my partner and daughter away to live with relatives.

Can the school do this?
                          I am in a very similar position. I am a school principal currently on precautiinary suspension for allegations made by a mentally disordered (their words) vulnerable adult. There is nothing in the guidance and legislation that directly prescribes your employer to take the action they did. Also, depending on the case details they may be at risk of identifying the complainant. My own employer issued no communication to parents and rebutted press queries with a we dont comment on staff absences. Even since there has been an acting principal appointed, there has been no comment from my employer and a governor who spoke to a parent had to resign . I think you have a strong case for constructive dismissal, only problem, yiu have to resign first. I would stay close to your union but dont accept everything they tell you or settle for. A good solicitor is key . Best of luck and never give up.

Comment

Working...
                          X