Victim Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim Support

Hi there, this is my first post. What support is there for the family of the accused in a false historical rape case. It's between family members, and I know a relative who is getting support from somewhere simply for being asked to give a statement. I believe the victim in this case is the accused and I have been suffering dealing with this all. I've emailed the solicitor of the family member I support for some feed back regarding the trial at the end of next month but it was only today so no reply yet. Thanks I'm advance

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You have not received any replies to this post for the rather depressing reason that, as far as any members know, there is no support for the accused apart from their legal team, by definition this doesn't extend to their family members.

However, if the situation is health-affecting, members report that GP's can be sympathetic (this is assuming that it is possible to get an appointment in the first place)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Offenders families helpline 0808 808 2003 can be really supportive it's not only for people with family in prison, you can also call about being on bail or an upcoming trial. You can call the samaratians 116 123 most have had a fab experience but I did get questioned a lot by one man as to whether i thought my OH did it.
      There is a falsely accused helpline 0844 335 1992 too but it's only running weekday evenings. Other than that there's only really counselling i think it's easier for the person being accused to get it though, OH was offered free counselling from his company.

If you go to church opening up to a faith leader can be really helpful, also I can't stress enough how keep a journal has helped me!!

Hope your okay though my parents briefly seperated last year and I got so caught in the middle, I cannot imagine a false allegation in the middle of that too! Must be really hard.
      Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

There is no support for the falsely accused apart from having a trusting family and friends.
        I have found mindfulness a life saver but it does take time to learn to train the mind in these mind blowing circumstances. Headspace.com is my favourite.
        Just an idea that might be helpful to others.

Comment

The sad truth is.....there is no support for victims of being FALSELY ACCUSED.......... (Apart from family etc)....

We are all "thrown to the wolves"................ And left to our own devices..........

But we prevail...........

And we......stand tall.......

Because we are INNOCENT!!
          Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

Working...
          X