17 Months Of This Hell And Now Its Nearly Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 Months Of This Hell And Now Its Nearly Over

Having been through this living nightmare for 17 months, my OH has his trial date for next month
    We have Gerry Mcdonald for his solicitor thanks for this forum

My OH is not coping very well at all now the day is getting closer, he cant sleep at all and keeps having nightmares, he doesn't go out only if really needed and then locks his self away again and keeps preparing his self for the worst.

Even though im scared to death i just cant wait for it to be over and done with now, don't thing i can take any more

Is any one else trial date getting closer or have you been through it and how are you feeling / coping?

Keep,strong

Sorry to hear trial,is next month. You have a good solicitor by all accounts On the Forum Gerry Macdonald is a good solicitor so at least you are going into trial well prepared. OH had a trial nearly 2 weeks long end of last year and was found unanimously NG after nearly 2 years. So I can understand your pain and fear. We felt exactly the same. The last month was when it truly hits home that its happening. The defence team picks up pace and there was lots of work done and meetings with soicitor and barrister in this time. I wont deny that it was the most stressful experience ever but strangely once at Court it became easier. This is when your OH will finally have his say. Dont forget he hasnt had this yet. Also the FA has never been questioned before just blindly beleived and your barrister will be able to,cross examine them and hopefully uncover their lies. You must be prepared as you possibly can be with your defence team, hope you have done timeline to,uncover any discrepancies. We still had disclosure right up,to and during trial some of which greatly helped defence and allowed an abuse of,trial,application which although not successful(they rarely are) helped the defence case. Take heart as there have been quite a few success stories on the forum recently.

I felt exactly the same as you dreaded it once it was here but thankful it was coming to an end as the limbo and waiting is unbearable. Keep strong both of you. Hold your heads up,high and you will get through it. Keep,posting as the support on here is great. X

Comment

my trail is next month as well I can completely understand your OHs emotions !!!

Comment

Hi - Sorry to hear you are in this position and that your OH's trial I approaching.

My partner received a NG in 2014. As you can imagine, we were shocked that such ridiculous lies would get this far, But I suspect this is partially due to the politics of 'believing the victim'.

You have chosen a great sol. He has a great reputation. I have a had brief conversations with him when and he came across as a very genuine person who certainly has the aptitude and experience to deal with FA's (and police tactics).

I hope you are well prepared to expose the inaccuracies.

However, I know too well the feelings of horror when the trial gets nearer. The worry is constant and there seems to be nobody who can really reassure you that everything will be alright.

However like SS1 has already said - this is the time when the accuser has to face the questions.

Sending you strength to get through the last hurdle.

Comment

Keep going Bootandsuit

Originally posted by bootandsuit View Post
          my trail is next month as well I can completely understand your OHs emotions !!!
          Keep,strong. Hope all is going well with defencex

Comment

Originally posted by Staystrong1 View Post
            Sorry to hear trial,is next month. You have a good solicitor by all accounts On the Forum Gerry Macdonald is a good solicitor so at least you are going into trial well prepared. OH had a trial nearly 2 weeks long end of last year and was found unanimously NG after nearly 2 years. So I can understand your pain and fear. We felt exactly the same. The last month was when it truly hits home that its happening. The defence team picks up pace and there was lots of work done and meetings with soicitor and barrister in this time. I wont deny that it was the most stressful experience ever but strangely once at Court it became easier. This is when your OH will finally have his say. Dont forget he hasnt had this yet. Also the FA has never been questioned before just blindly beleived and your barrister will be able to,cross examine them and hopefully uncover their lies. You must be prepared as you possibly can be with your defence team, hope you have done timeline to,uncover any discrepancies. We still had disclosure right up,to and during trial some of which greatly helped defence and allowed an abuse of,trial,application which although not successful(they rarely are) helped the defence case. Take heart as there have been quite a few success stories on the forum recently.

I felt exactly the same as you dreaded it once it was here but thankful it was coming to an end as the limbo and waiting is unbearable. Keep strong both of you. Hold your heads up,high and you will get through it. Keep,posting as the support on here is great. X

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply :-)

Yes done the timeline and lots of screen shots of her out with friends ect even though she is supposed to be depressed and never goes out of her bedroom

im strong for my OH as i have done from day one in front of him but as the times getting closer i just cant help but cry with worry every time i think of it when im on my own, just cant wait for it to be over and done with so we can get on with our future and try to move on from all this

Comment

Originally posted by bootandsuit View Post
              Hi bootandsuit,

i really hope everything goes ok for you next month, please keep us updated and if you need some one to talk to im here for you :-)

Comment

Just tried to Pm you but think you have to be a member for a while before you can receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
                  Hi - Sorry to hear you are in this position and that your OH's trial I approaching.

My partner received a NG in 2014. As you can imagine, we were shocked that such ridiculous lies would get this far, But I suspect this is partially due to the politics of 'believing the victim'.

You have chosen a great sol. He has a great reputation. I have a had brief conversations with him when and he came across as a very genuine person who certainly has the aptitude and experience to deal with FA's (and police tactics).

I hope you are well prepared to expose the inaccuracies.

However, I know too well the feelings of horror when the trial gets nearer. The worry is constant and there seems to be nobody who can really reassure you that everything will be alright.

However like SS1 has already said - this is the time when the accuser has to face the questions.

Sending you strength to get through the last hurdle.

So pleased to hear your OH got a NG you both can finally smile now and look forward to your futures :-)

Dont think we could have got a better sol to be honest, iv heard so many NG and good words regarding him on here and he does seem such a genuine person the time we met him and spoke to him on the phone, in fact last time we saw him he actually said to us that he has never had nothing but NG x

Comment

Hi Sodepressed and Bootsandsuit

Sorry to hear your trials are coming up but on the positive side it means your nightmares will be over soon ; with the correct NG results ..... I've got the Nannas waiting

If its any use ..... We felt exactly the same as you are now.... Terrified beyond belief .... Could think of nothing else ; panic stricken that it would go the wrong way, despite the fact that we KNEW without a shadow if doubt our son was innocent .......

But your barristers will have seen it all before ! Trust in them to pull out the truth in their cross examination of the lying complainant : don't let anyone call them a "victim" .... They are NOT !
                    Help your barrister by collating all the info you can ; including if you can , what her motives may be.... Our sons false accuser was proved on the stand to have cheated on her boyfriend .... & embarrassed when her family got to know of her consensual one night stand...

We got a unanimous NG last month, with the jury out less than 20 minutes !

Just as others have said : far more defence evidence appears at the start and during trial.... Or it did for us (abuse of process grounds were also evident in our case) ...

Keep strong and read a post from "abaddream" .... Who described his trial brilliantly & it gave me hope when we needed it

Lots of good wishes winging your way
                    X
                    Innocentson

Comment

Today

Hope today went well & your partner is doing ok

Comment

Working...
                      X