Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joebloggs View Post

However it would appear the original OIC was lacking in the ability to even send off evidence for investigation.. the FA Was also made 5 months before I was invited in for tea and biscuits in the counties finest hotel. the force area I was living in were shocked at the time it took them to act on the allegation.
    Hmm, wonder if the original OIC is now back on the beat if so you could aim your complaint specifically at him/her....

(love the comment about tea and biscuits)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Time for another update!

I was rebailed again until nearly the end of Feb 2017.

That will make it 21 months since I've been on bail!

However, my solicitor raised the questions of did I still have conditional bail, what on earth is going on and also advised me to complain.

It turns out they've officially downgraded me to unconditional bail, months ago.

She has no idea what's going on but the original OIC is still on leave, the new OIC is also on leave and they seem to be playing the best game of hurry up and wait that I've ever seen.

I've made a formal complaint re their handling of the allegation, the conduct and everything else that goes with it. And it has been forwarded to their special ops dept
      Abbreviated to SOD's

However, since my last postings.. I am now engaged and loving happily with said fiancée, as happy as can be given the situation.

Trying to keep my head above water when you're missing a second birthday for your children is hard. But I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Although I do know that the IPCC have suspended almost the entirety (from what I can ascertain) of the investigating constabulary sexual offences team. Due to huge mishandling of previous cases. Effective around the.time my Original OIC went on leave. Suspicious eh?

Jb

Comment

Sounds suspicious to me too.
        There's definitely something in that.
        Sounds like your case has been put on the back burner while they try and earn back some browny points in real cases with real evidence!

You're doing well though!!
        Keep going.

YoH

Comment

I have also been informed that the FA had made another allegation of the same nature, against a separate party.

They were arrested, and released with NFA as the FA refused to give a formal statement this time.

Again, as with my situation. It is all over social media.

Just lucky coincidence my solicitors provided duty advice to this poor soul.

Comment

Farsical

Good Afternoon,

I have spoken to the new OIC this week and i can say wholeheartedly. This whole process is utterly farsical.

I was intially told I had to attend bail as the file was being reviewed for the second time and this would be a definite decision. Then I realised the OIC did not know when the bail date was. He thought it was two months from now, it was actually within the next 48 hours.

Then he enquired about evidence that a previous OIC had enquired about and was meant to of actioned. It still hasnt been actioned and theyre not entirely sure if its the evidence that as seized from myself in the first place.

This is the first time ive spoken to this OIC over the phone, and he was very keen on calling me "mate". Of which I am not. Although I am highly amused (you have to hold onto the little things) That the Detective, couldnt detect when they had rebailed myself until.. or that they had failed to send out confirmation of this previously or confirm it with my solicitor. Also amused that they cant investigate evidence.

he did state that he "thinks there isn't overwhelming evidence against me so hopefully it will be a result for me". I trust this sentiment as much as i'd trust a cow not to produce milk.

I did glean that the file has not yet been sent to the Clowns Promotion Service, or is it the Crown Prosecution Service. I was never a stickler for detail. I was then informed it could be another three months in total for a decision.

I have been bailed for another 4 weeks pending review from a senior officer.

The sun is always shining, sometimes you just can't see it

JB

Comment

It's amazing that this world functions at all!
              Everything is broken.
              "Three months" seems to be the main phrase as they always told us that!
              Let's hope they realise sooner than that that there's no case here!
              All the best!!
              YoH

Comment

So far my longest rebail would be the one previous to the one that has just happened at 5 months, prior to that, the shortest was 3 weeks.

I understand what you say about everything being broken. At many points throughout our conversation the phrase "No **** Sherlock" nearly rolled off my tongue.. as did congratulating him for actually being a detective and realising that certain paperwork is meant to be filed and furnished. Alas, i remained courteous and polite.

I would say it appears as a game of cat and mouse. But both of those creatures are arguably highly intelligent.

In this case it appears I am the cat and the police service I am dealing with is the water bowl. Its just a shame i keep having to act as the owner and fill the bowl up for them when they should be perfectly capable of seeking out their own puddle.

JB

Comment

Having had a verbal confirmation of bail extension, I decided to live my life and take the far better half away for some belated birthday celebrations, just a couple nights away.

on the way there, my solicitor phones. she has only just for the first time since a new OIC took over the case, managed to actually speak to them. This is the first time my counsel has received communication from the Police. in nearly 18 months. I think he has ignored my sols emails and calls because he is scared of her.. however she disagrees :')

however, they confirmed I was being bailed again for at least two months whilst they awaited an appointment with a senior officer to review the case to see if it "even needs to be sent to the CPS as there isn't a lot of evidenxe" and "hopefully we will have a result for (me) before the new date"

my solicitor in their experience finds this very strange as it's never happened before in a case like this. Normally it's straight to CPS and either charge or NFA. Solicitor believes it could be one of two things, Either a police person is telling the truth and it's more than likely going to go away very soon. or there is so much evidence they want to charge direct.

Sol however feels it's more than likely the former of NFA, however Sol doesn't want me to get hopes up incase they are wrong.

and as another humorous note. OIC approaches custody management unit, requests anothere extension of bail CMU says no. try back tomorrow. And as of yet I have not received written confirmation as promised. Currently have a joke with Sol that they're that incompetent, there is probably a warrant out for failing to surrender for myself that is totally null and void.

rough with the smooth.

jb

Comment

So..

after a long period of time in limbo as to whether or not my bail date was confirmed.. the OIC has informed my Solicitor that my bail management profile has expired therefore I am no longer on bail.. (this was only after the spoke to a custody Sgt who said they were in a process of issuing a warrant for non return)

However now this means I am waiting for either a postal requisition or NFA.

apparently the OIC stated that they hoped to have this wrapped up "quickly for your client as they're aware it's been long time and must be very tedious and stressful for your client"

so I don't know if it's good news or not.. but they have forgotten to rebail me to the point of warrant issue for no return. then realised my bail had lapsed and apparently they can't rebail me unless they re-arrest now.

JB

Comment

I have this unreasonable belief (and it's even more unreasonable now that bail is used less frequently!) that it's better not to be on bail as it's then possible to legitimately 'disappear', therefore the police can't be entirely convinced of the individual's guilt.
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Funny you should say that.

that is essentially the sentiment that my solicitor had.

we both have another potentially unreasonable and real far out theory.

The Police might of done their job properly, considered the harassment warning given, the warnings of arrest from my local service, the other at least one confirmed FA that has been made since my FA, as their could be others were unaware of.

this could also be why the OIC has stated that they want it reviewed by a DI without sending to CPS to wrap it up"quickly"

I know, it's almost a utopian theory that they have considered the evidence wholly and subjectively. However stranger things have happened.

as always, thank you for the support and guidance

JB

Comment

Don't all sexual allegation files have to be reviewed by CPS?
                          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                            Don't all sexual allegation files have to be reviewed by CPS?
                            As I understand it, all cases are reviewed by a senior officer first. I was always lead to believe that the cps review all files but apparently that hasn't always been the case. According to the police inspectorate, only 28% of recorded rapes were referred in 2014 :

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ce-prosecutors
                            For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                            https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
                              As I understand it, all cases are reviewed by a senior officer first. I was always lead to believe that the cps review all files but apparently that hasn't always been the case. According to the police inspectorate, only 28% of recorded rapes were referred in 2014 :

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ce-prosecutors
                              Interesting. And thank you. :-)
                              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

You couldn't make it up!!

I admire your light hearted view of this absurd situation. But what option is there.

I must admit it made me smile to read that the OIC accepted it must be tedious and stressful for you. How considerate.

I've just looked up the definition of 'farce' - "a comic dramatic work using buffoonery and horseplay and typically including crude characterization and ludicrously improbable situations"

I hope the conclusion is round the next corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X