• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
    So much for your FA's bluster!
    Tell me about it,

Still doesn't stop the worry though!

Thank you all again for all help and advice..

Jb

Comment

Hopefully there is a screenshot of the "bluster" as CH calls it, so if you are charged, she can be challenged on that obvious lie.....
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        Hopefully there is a screenshot of the "bluster" as CH calls it, so if you are charged, she can be challenged on that obvious lie.....
        I didn't even think of that.

Thank you!

Comment

I've been rebailed for another five months. Found out late last night.

Will it ever end?

I must admit, the last few weeks have been more stressful than ever. Previously I've almost been able to brush off the stress like water off a ducks back. But having it come close to the year since I've been on bail, not seeing my children and having other issues go on in my personal life. I've been severely down.

Reading through people's stories on this forum, the support and the advice. Sometimes throughout the day, normally throughout the sleepless nights has provided me with that anchor to hope, joy and the will to keep fighting.

All I will say is, to anyone currently going through this, whether you have been on bail for a week, a month or many years. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. You must take every piece of news and make it good for you in some way. Do not let your head drop. Take a day or two, or an hour to yourself. Put on some music, have a coffee and search within you for the strength we all have buried deep inside. Someone once told me, when you're tired, you're down and you just want to give up. You're only operating at 40% of what you actually can operate up. We all have so much more to give. But if all we do is give up, then they have already won.

Fight for that extra 60%

Peace and love to you all.

And thank you again. X

Comment

Very positive advice !

Great to see that you've mentally prepped yourself for the fight ahead and your 100% right, there is light at the end of the tunnel !!!
            Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
            Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Hi guys, received the vary of bail notice through and it looks awfully unofficial.

Also there is a change to the OIC.. is this something that normally happens halfway through a case? By the time the next bail date come around it will of been around 18 months since it all began.

Also, my solicitor does not seem to want to chase anything, help out in any way or generally covers everything with myself regards any issues I have.

If the case does go ahead it would be in the south West.. what are the best legal aid solicitors in that area? I am currently based in the opposite side of the country too.

Thank you all again

Comment

Solicitor can't do a fat lot of chase anything as there is nothing that can be done at this stage.

Where roughly in the SW?

Comment

I'm aware they can't do a lot, but I've had to contact the police to gather updates on bail.. find out that there has been a change in the oic etc. Probably feeling a bit helpless but overall I have little confidence..

Somerset

Comment

Legal aid solicitors are not paid to contact the police to check for updates. Most updates are "it's due to go to the CPS" or "it has been sent to the CPS" or "there's a little ore investigation that needs to be done" (which they cannot tell you the details of) so it's a bit pointless them working for nothing when the updates are not going to be helpful to your case.

Comment

I admire your positivity and resilience. I waited 16 months for an NFA. The anniversary of finding out about the allegation was awful and bit of a low point. When you are under this kind of worry for long periods, it does reach a point when the strain can become unbearable. It's such a horrific situation to be under when you know you're innocent and waiting on a decision that could potentially change your whole life.

Comment

Change of OIC

New OIC has emailed the duty sol. After a complete 12 months, they are yet to even contact the CPS, send off electronics for examination.

Sol has advised making a complaint into how the case is being handled. As it stands, electronic examination is at least 4 months. Meeting with CPS another 4-6 months.

At best I'll be on bail for another 8 months. At worst.. another year or more.

Should I press forward and make the complain?

Comment

Originally posted by joebloggs View Post

Should I press forward and make the complain?
                          Hmm, if I were in the OIC's position and a complaint against me came in I would push for a charge to justify the 'long and thorough' (said in a sarcastic tone!) investigation.

OTOH as there has been a change in OIC this rather cynical thought may not apply as the new one can easily shift the blame....
                          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I think CH has answered the question perfectly.

In my own situation, I am at a stage where I really have no idea what to do....

(1). "Let them get on with it" ..... Yes, but for how long? - If nobody is holding them to task, then why would they show any haste?

OR

(2). Make a complaint & risk "Stirring the hornets nest".

I'm no Chess player, but I imagine this is what 'Stale-mate' means.....Option (1) won't make my situation any better...Option (2) may make my situation worse!

In short, (again) I have absolutely no idea what to do! So sadly, that is my answer to your question.

Best Wishes,

TBG1

Comment

I don't think that the police/CPS are sitting on their hands, it's just that, as we well know, there is a constant stream of new accusations coming in on a daily basis and inevitably the new ones have to be dealt with first, i.e. alleged perpetrator has to be arrested & interviewed in a timely fashion (otherwise imagine the media headlines!)

The OIC writes up his interview notes then packages them up with the recording & any seized possessions and makes a speculative list of what to do next in the investigation (depending on what the alleged perpetrator has said in their interview)

The next day there are two or three new accusations and even if they are obvious revenge ploys they still have to be investigated and processed (remember the government said that the 'victim' must be assumed to be telling the truth), the alleged perpetrator has to be arrested etc......and so on and on.

So what happens to the backlog of the ongoing investigations, bearing in mind the constant theme of reducing costs and manpower, heaven knows, I'm likening it to a ship which is being loaded higher and higher and what will the eventual outcome will be......?

The only hope is that someone in the justice department will see sense and offer counselling instead of financial compensation!
                              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I agree in a lot of respects CH

However it would appear the original OIC was lacking in the ability to even send off evidence for investigation.. the FA Was also made 5 months before I was invited in for tea and biscuits in the counties finest hotel. the force area I was living in were shocked at the time it took them to act on the allegation.

I do feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place with regards to complaining. The worst part is in all of this, I can't see my children. They can't have a meaningful relationship with me.

Also, more contradictory posts online from FA with regards to things she has said in her statement to what she is now saying online.

God bless screens hots.

Thanks again

Jb x

Comment

Working...
                                X