Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why cant we have a uk wide poll on the actual costs on bringing cases to court and sending someone to prison on no evidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why cant we have a uk wide poll on the actual costs on bringing cases to court and sending someone to prison on no evidence?

Maybe this has been bought up before I dont know.

Why cant we set up a poll asking the public how they feel about the costs of having court cases with no evidence and out and out lies no dates etc etc
    and the costs of sending an innocent person to prison and the cost of that along with the prospect of the FA having to live on benefits once out because
    they cant get a job because of the FA against them.

Just a thought

Shah

Usually when a case goes to Court, there is some kind of evidence. It is supposed to be pass a legal threshold code which determines whether the person is charged. I am not sure whether you are aware but the accuser's statement is considered "evidence" and sometimes this is used alone even when there is no medical evidence or other supporting evidence to charge someone. I know it seems very unfair that this can happen when someone has made a false allegation but that's the way the system works. Conviction can happen based on one person's word against another. The impact of being falsely accused and imprisoned for something you have never done is horrific and is a crime of ultimate abuse in itself.

Until there are changes in the system then this kind of thing will continue to happen. I believe the government should firstly introduce a time limit on reporting of allegations like in other countries such as the USA. Secondly, accusers as well as alleged suspects should be required to undertake a lie detector test. Thirdly, people being accused should remain anonymous until convicted at the very least. Fourthly, there should be more prosecutions for false allegations. The government and CPS claim increasing prosecutions for false allegations will put genuine victims from coming forward but false allegations actually undermine genuine victim claims and furthermore waste a lot of police time which could be spent on looking into real life cases.
    Last edited by slowdown73; 12 January 2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown73 View Post
      Usually when a case goes to Court, there is some kind of evidence. It is supposed to be pass a legal threshold code which determines whether the person is charged. I am not sure whether you are aware but the accuser's statement is considered "evidence" and sometimes this is used alone even when there is no medical evidence or other supporting evidence to charge someone. I know it seems very unfair that this can happen when someone has made a false allegation but that's the way the system works. Conviction can happen based on one person's word against another. The impact of being falsely accused and imprisoned for something you have never done is horrific and is a crime of ultimate abuse in itself.

Until there are changes in the system then this kind of thing will continue to happen. I believe the government should firstly introduce a time limit on reporting of allegations like in other countries such as the USA. Secondly, accusers as well as alleged suspects should be required to undertake a lie detector test. Thirdly, people being accused should remain anonymous until convicted at the very least. Fourthly, there should be more prosecutions for false allegations. The government and CPS claim increasing prosecutions for false allegations will put genuine victims from coming forward but false allegations actually undermine genuine victim claims and furthermore waste a lot of police time which could be spent on looking into real life cases.
      Well put and so true!

Comment

Working...
      X