Child & Family Assesment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child & Family Assesment?

Recieved a letter today from a Social Worker, regarding a Child & Family Assesment.
    I know the police said the Social Services would be informed, but I wasn't sure in what capacity etc?
    To be honest, I was half expecting a knock on the door if I'm honest!

So anybody else been invited in for one of these?
    Any ideas what we can expect?

Obviously I have children, so understand it will be about them etc
    Just wanted to know if anybody else has had any dealings with these kind of situations??

Hello...for starters (dare i say) its a good sign you've received a letter and not a knock on the door (ours visited with the police protection officer to tell us about that the allegation has been made).What they did in my case is that they did a home visit, spoke to my children and then spoke to the school and pre-school, health visitor ect regarding any concerns (my childs pre-school wernt particularly nice in things they said about my daughter, or the school,but this is before they knew about the whole story regarding the allegation and they felt extremely guilty afterwards!!) so it is best, if you have not already, to go to you childrens school, arrange a meeting with the head and explain things (always remembering to use to the phrase "falsely accused") and this will also look good for the social worker. The assesment is to decide what level of action will need to be taken. Unfourtantly we didn't have any assesments till 3 months!!! (not a very nice piece of paperwork which i will happily burn when this nightmare is over) Which when we did they decided we were to go to children in need and no longer child protection. Be honest about how your children are being affected by this allegation as they might write a report to the OIC. Keep the house tidy though (which is soooo hard when going through this hell) and expect them just to turn up whenever.... literally!!!!

Keep strong xx
    "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Many thanks for the quick response!
      This really is becoming my worst nightmare now!!!
      Just when I think I'm getting my head around it...bang something else hits me hard!

I'm so angry right now..

Comment

Working...
      X