Letter of intent from central vetting unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of intent from central vetting unit

I have been on bail now for exactly a year and 1 month , I been rebailed every 3 months since then.
    The only bail condition I had was to reside at my residents and not contact FA , but was still allowed to work , I work Adults and Children the accusation happened at work
    I recently had to renew my DBS and I have received a letter from the "Central vetting unit professional standards department force headquarters informing me that they intend to disclose information of my arrest in 14 days,
    The information they have quoted for me is wrong on two counts 1) they said the accuser is 20 something yet the accuser is 30 something
    2) they say the acuser was a client in my care yet the accuser was a vistor not a client
    Is this something to worry about? The fact that they have put wrong information in writing even though they say I should respond if I see any inaccuracies?
    I am yet to be charged and my next bail date which over a year from arrest will be after the date they intend to disclose
    Could this be an indicator of an intention to charge?
    Any input is most welcome?

Originally posted by breathagain View Post
    I have been on bail now for exactly a year and 1 month , I been rebailed every 3 months since then.
    The only bail condition I had was to reside at my residents and not contact FA , but was still allowed to work , I work Adults and Children the accusation happened at work
    I recently had to renew my DBS and I have received a letter from the "Central vetting unit professional standards department force headquarters informing me that they intend to disclose information of my arrest in 14 days,
    The information they have quoted for me is wrong on two counts 1) they said the accuser is 20 something yet the accuser is 30 something
    2) they say the acuser was a client in my care yet the accuser was a vistor not a client
    Is this something to worry about? The fact that they have put wrong information in writing even though they say I should respond if I see any inaccuracies?
    I am yet to be charged and my next bail date which over a year from arrest will be after the date they intend to disclose
    Could this be an indicator of an intention to charge?
    Any input is most welcome?
    I was really hoping to hear from someone, I wonder if anybody is out there

Comment

I'm not sure whether anyone has an accurate answer? I know on mine it said that the DBS aren't responsible for inaccuracies as the info comes from the reporting police force. I find the information appearing at all a bit surprising if you haven't been charged however it may be worthwhile contacting them directly for advise rather than second guessing.
      Unfortunately we in these situations do too much of that and it simply leads to more stress.
      Sorry i can't be of more help
      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Hi, just looking back at your post there seems to be 2 questions you are looking for answers on;

Regarding the inaccuracies; if you have a way to feedback on these and it sounds as though you do, I would recommend you do report these inaccuracies, particulary concerning the person involved being a visitor rather than being a client in your care! This clearly could have a big impact on employment, so I think you may benefit from feeding back on this if you have the opportunity to do so

The other question you ask is 'Could this be an indicator of an intention to charge?'
        Personally, I dont see there is a connection to be made here. The DBS at this stage is detailing your arrest, even if you are not charged I believe this is likely to remain on file. Why would you think this could indicate an intention to charge?

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
          I'm not sure whether anyone has an accurate answer? I know on mine it said that the DBS aren't responsible for inaccuracies as the info comes from the reporting police force. I find the information appearing at all a bit surprising if you haven't been charged however it may be worthwhile contacting them directly for advise rather than second guessing.
          Unfortunately we in these situations do too much of that and it simply leads to more stress.
          Sorry i can't be of more help
          Thanks you have been a great help,when you say "on mine it said the DBS are not responsible for inaccuracies "
          Was there any inaccuracies on yours or it was a disclaimer?
          I have not received a DBS yet the letter was from the vetting standards not the DBS
          I was just wondering if anybody here had applied for or renewed a DBS whilst on bail? And if the uncharged bail
          Was declared or they received a notice of intention.
          Im almost certain I would not be receiving such a letter had I not applied for DBS.
          It just seems a bit off key for the information to be inaccurate just makes we wonder what other inaccuracies are on file thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
            Hi, just looking back at your post there seems to be 2 questions you are looking for answers on;

Regarding the inaccuracies; if you have a way to feedback on these and it sounds as though you do, I would recommend you do report these inaccuracies, particulary concerning the person involved being a visitor rather than being a client in your care! This clearly could have a big impact on employment, so I think you may benefit from feeding back on this if you have the opportunity to do so

The other question you ask is 'Could this be an indicator of an intention to charge?'
            Personally, I dont see there is a connection to be made here. The DBS at this stage is detailing your arrest, even if you are not charged I believe this is likely to remain on file. Why would you think this could indicate an intention to charge?
            Thank you very much I will definitely update if I get some feedback regarding the inaccuracies, I somehow can't help but feel as though the inaccuracies were put there internationally as opposed to genuine error perhaps in an effort to slant the things in a desired direction,hence my wondering if this could be an indication of either an intention or a slant towards a charge in an effort to meet targets .
            However if as you say the arrest would appear on the DBS regardless of outcome then at least half of the letter is serving a standard procedure, even though it is in accurate, but it is obvious something is blatantly amiss
            As you would expect accurate accounts of verifiable details from a police letter

Comment

Hi breathagain

My husband's work had applied for a renewed DBS check before he was accused. The arrest delayed his check, and eventually he got one back detailing the accusation. This was whilst he was on bail prior to charge. However, I wouldnt say that this is an indication of intention to charge, as they take the information from the police at the time of enquiry

Comment

Thank you very much I will definitely update if I get some feedback regarding the inaccuracies, I somehow can't help but feel as though the inaccuracies were put there internationally as opposed to genuine error perhaps in an effort to slant the things in a desired direction,hence my wondering if this could be an indication of either an intention or a slant towards a charge in an effort to meet targets .
                However if as you say the arrest would appear on the DBS regardless of outcome then at least half of the letter is serving a standard procedure, even though it is in accurate, but it is obvious something is blatantly amiss
                As you would expect accurate accounts of verifiable details from a police letter
                I believe the arrest will appear on the DBS regardless of the outcome, (that's my understanding, maybe someone else can confirm). It wouldn't surprise me if the inaccuracies are simply sloppiness on the part of the arresting force. The decision to charge or not comes from the CPS. Sounds like you've been waiting a very long time now, don't know how these cases can be stretched out over such a long period of time!

Comment

Originally posted by WhyUs View Post
                  Hi breathagain

My husband's work had applied for a renewed DBS check before he was accused. The arrest delayed his check, and eventually he got one back detailing the accusation. This was whilst he was on bail prior to charge. However, I wouldnt say that this is an indication of intention to charge, as they take the information from the police at the time of enquiry
                  Thank ever so much for your response what is the situation with your husbands case was did he ever get charged?

Comment

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
                    I believe the arrest will appear on the DBS regardless of the outcome, (that's my understanding, maybe someone else can confirm). It wouldn't surprise me if the inaccuracies are simply sloppiness on the part of the arresting force. The decision to charge or not comes from the CPS. Sounds like you've been waiting a very long time now, don't know how these cases can be stretched out over such a long period of time!
                    Thank you yes its been a very long time and I have not even set foot in the police station yet its more than a year now so , I guess they have not changed the law about people being on bail for more than a year

Comment

Hi, just a little input from what i was told.

After being interviewed i went for two seperate jobs , both of which my DBS did not contain the interview. These were full disclosures , police relevant info etc. I was told it depends on whoever is in charge.

I do not see why they should disclose an allegation if you have not been charged. Yet again just my 2cents.
                      Best of luck

Comment

Thank you yes its been a very long time and I have not even set foot in the police station yet its more than a year now so , I guess they have not changed the law about people being on bail for more than a year

In my experience( my employment required full dbs and anti terrorist etc.)once I was arrested... For False Allegations of Rape and assualt... The OIC said " due to the nature of your employment i have to do a disclosure to your employer"...he then quoted some legislation...

After many many years working for this employer I was shown no sympathy....or compassion....I was suspended for a month or so then......

I was literally thrown to the wolves....I was sacked!

On grounds that it was not reasonable for me to work there... And I was not even charged(I'm still on bail)

I believe a arrest can show up on a dbs and even if a person is NFAD then its at the discretion of the police..this is what I as told anyway

Really hope you have the best of luck
                        Last edited by Arsenal12; 24 November 2015, 08:18 PM.
                        Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

Thank ever so much for your response what is the situation with your husbands case was did he ever get charged?
                          Unfortunatly he was charged and we are now waiting for the trail which is in a few weeks

Comment

Hi Breathagain,

I changed jobs whilst on bail and after having been charged. As a nurse working with vulnerable adults I had to apply for an enhanced disclosure which not only had my offences on it but also those of my OH. i was never suspended from work although an enquiry was undertaken. My new manager (NHS trust)gave me the job anyway and was very very supportive.
                            there were inaccuracies on it but they related to my OH not me.

Even after my case was dismissed, the DBS were really arsey and the charge is lying on file for 5 years so no new job for me. I'll be retiring then hopefully
                            They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Originally posted by WhyUs View Post
                              Unfortunatly he was charged and we are now waiting for the trail which is in a few weeks
                              Im sorry to hear that,but at least im sure he will stand a good chance of clearing his name,you guys just have to keep each other strong
                              How long did it take from charge to trail?
                              Just remember if mountains were smooth we would not be able to climb them he will rise to the top of this mess

Comment

Working...
                              X