Were you interviewed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you interviewed?

I have a question for those partners who are supporting a wrongly convicted/ falsely accused man of child sex abuse.

Were you ever interviewed by any police officers, particularly child protection, and if so, what did they ask?

Given recent events in my OH's case I have been advised by DI from a different force to bring a complaint against CP so I'm just interested to know how anyone else was treated
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

I was interviewed at home by the OIC and a colleague.

They also talked to my children without me present.

I asked if they would be need a statement and was told I was of no use to them. The OIC said if anyone would want to talk to me it would be defence.

I have to say the whole experience left me feeling very disillusioned as I didn't feel they'd come to investigate rather to look for dirt. We'd recently split and I'm sure they were hoping I'd stick the boot in. If you read my initial post I went into more detail.

I really resented the patronising assumption that I've been groomed. I'm more than capable of making my own judgments.

Hope that helps & good luck the whole procedure around these accusations is flawed.

Comment

Yes quite agree- I've re-read your OP.

All I was asked was whether he had anything to do with the Scouts!!
      I was also told I could not, under any circumstances, leave the area.

When it came to the charges against me, she barged into my house and told me what I had done.

Whatever happened to "Where were you on the night of......?"

I don't want to say too much about the reason for my complaint but have been advised if I write it in the correct manner it should result in an investigation.
      I have never felt so much contempt for another female in my life!!

Comment

Well.... for us a police protection officer and social worker knocked on my door and said my husband been accused..... and he has to leave the family home immediately and to not have any contact with his children until they find out more, including no phone calls, he wasn't even allowed to say goodbye we weren't told who made the allegation, only that it was historic, only when my husband was arrested and questioned a week later we found out who. During that time the social worker visited plenty of times and questioned me on who i thought it might be. She did then visit after my husband had found out who and wrote down all that i said about the situation. She then passed that information on to the OIC and I gave her information about relevant people ect... It was only last week when she phoned to ask a quick question about confirming the address of someone we knew that i spoke to her. I have never been asked for an interview or anything and all that i have done is sent (many) emails to her to tell her my thoughts and my side of things and evidence ect... Don't know if this is normal?? Whatever 'normal' is in these situations
        "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Hello88- I THINK I'm right in saying this but be very very careful what you actually tell the police! They will take what you say and make it fit their own needs!

When she came to tell me my OH was guilty , which they do, and asked me the question about the scouts, she also asked me whether he had other access to children, which he did via work and hobbies, but I had completely forgotten at the time. Anyway, I didn't say anything as something was nagging away about them looking for victims, which is the norm in these cases. We lived in a very small village, near a small town where just about everybody knew us and guess what? No one else has come forwards despite my OH being all over the front page of the biggest national tabloid.

I think what I'm trying to do is establish that this none investigation is normal and make a comparison before I roll with my complaint.

I have said in the past that I am more than happy to stick my head above the parapet for all those in this nasty predicament- there has to be some way to be heard howevre i have once again taken a step back as maybe, just maybe we have new evidence on my OH's case so I don't wish to bring attention to it.

Still gonna roll with mine though!!

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
            Hello88- I THINK I'm right in saying this but be very very careful what you actually tell the police! They will take what you say and make it fit their own needs!

When she came to tell me my OH was guilty , which they do, and asked me the question about the scouts, she also asked me whether he had other access to children, which he did via work and hobbies, but I had completely forgotten at the time. Anyway, I didn't say anything as something was nagging away about them looking for victims, which is the norm in these cases. We lived in a very small village, near a small town where just about everybody knew us and guess what? No one else has come forwards despite my OH being all over the front page of the biggest national tabloid.

I think what I'm trying to do is establish that this none investigation is normal and make a comparison before I roll with my complaint.

I have said in the past that I am more than happy to stick my head above the parapet for all those in this nasty predicament- there has to be some way to be heard howevre i have once again taken a step back as maybe, just maybe we have new evidence on my OH's case so I don't wish to bring attention to it.

Still gonna roll with mine though!!
            Yeah my OH is/was a private tutor and claimed that my OH taught the FA for a year (never gave her one lesson!!!) and thats apparently when the assualt happened! In their (FA and her mum) statement they said that my OH uses these lessons to take advantage of the young people so not surprisingly they asked for all the details of our previous students. (With no concerns i was happy to give) I then read in the social worker report that if they need to take it furthur then they would be asking for current students (which at the moment they just think my OH is in hospital with a mental breakdown... had to come up with something very quickly,long story) and that they would have to do physical examinations of my children But that was 3 months ago i read that and hadn't heard anything regarding it, would be so devastated if they had to do that to my children but anyway.... getting round to the point, i do half the lesson with the student as well so there is very very rarely any lessons in which i don't attend myself, and each time we babysat the FA i was always present so surely they should interview me???? - Sorry if sounding a bit emotional, bad day,realised a mutual friend of myn and FA isn't so mutual!!
            "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Working...
            X