Falsley accused of rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsley accused of rape

Hi there ive been goin thru a hard time been charges of rape and didnt do it!!!I have a trial date 9th febuary and really worried but glad its soon as its been dragging on for 18 months.Girl has previous of accusing guys of rape and has changed statement 3 times and now pregenant with her boyfriends kid!!!HELP PLEASE!!!

Originally posted by Smc View Post
    Hi there ive been goin thru a hard time been charges of rape and didnt do it!!!I have a trial date 9th febuary and really worried but glad its soon as its been dragging on for 18 months.Girl has previous of accusing guys of rape and has changed statement 3 times and now pregenant with her boyfriends kid!!!HELP PLEASE!!!
    Are there any areas of the upcoming trial that you are unsure about or worried about, I personally never went to trial but there are others who have done so, and may be able to offer thoughts/advice

Comment

Thanks for responding!To be honest im am just unsure about everything as ive never been in bother before this is all new!!I have good lawyer Beltrami and co there bein really helpful but its really down to ho i give evidence on day and what the 15 durys make of it am really worried

Comment

Thanks for responding!To be honest im am just unsure about everything as ive never been in bother before this is all new!!I have good lawyer Beltrami and co there bein really helpful but its really down to ho i give evidence on day and what the 15 durys make of it am really worried
        Did you mean to write 15 jury (members)? If so I'm guessing the trial is being held in Scotland?

The legal and trial systems differ from that in England & Wales which will of course determine what advice you receive from other members.
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          Did you mean to write 15 jury (members)? If so I'm guessing the trial is being held in Scotland?

The legal and trial systems differ from that in England & Wales which will of course determine what advice you receive from other members.
          Yes sorry im from scotland, any help advice would be very grateful and appreciated

Comment

Yes sorry im from scotland, any help advice would be very grateful and appreciated
            We do have at least two members who are very familiar with the Scottish system, hence my flagging the location up!

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
              We do have at least two members who are very familiar with the Scottish system, hence my flagging the location up!
              I have updated that im from scotland thanks, will those two people from scotland help me please??

Comment

I am not familiar with Scottish law, but can I ask how has it dragged on for 18 months before charge?

What sort of evidence is being used, and how recent are the alleged events?

Comment

We were charged and tried under Scottish law- it is completely different to English , even the fact there are 15 jurors.
                  Our cases also dragged on for 15 long months but we were arrested charged and bailed all on the same day, which does not seem to happen in England.

The actual trial I believe is very similar. Just make sure you know everything you need to know about the complainant's statements and even those of the arresting officers etc. We slipped up here as we were told by the defence we didn't need to read them but as it turned out the OIC's account was different to what the complainants said in their statements.

Trial begins by selecting the jury, literally from pulling numbers out of a hat or whatever it was!! Bloody ridiculous. There were then several technical issues which needed to be clarified so proceedings were held up. This happened 3 times. Witnesses for the prosecution are called to give evidence first, then the defence then it goes to summing up and the jury retire to consider.

It's nerve wracking. Stupid things bothered me, like I wasn't allowed to go to the loo.

Just keep holding on to the truth.
                  Hope all goes well- keep us updated
                  They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

As Amanda mentioned that the actual trial procedure is not that much different you might find this thread helpful:

(Two posts with advice written by members based on their own experiences)

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial

Comment

Working...
                    X