Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update - over 5 years after allegation made & 4 years after acquittal

Hi all,

I thought recently of the help & support that I received from this forum while going through my ordeal so though I would come back and give everybody an update & hopefully some inspiration.

I'm not going to go through all the details of the case again, just look at my old threads/posts to do that.

Unfortunately the strain of the allegation caused me and my partner to split up after 4 years - I became addicted to drugs and would do anything to take them behind her back, mainly weed but other stuff too, it kind of numbed me after such a traumatic time. I always though that when it was all over I would see things in a different light and everything would be OK but it didn't work like that. The battle continued after the trial and I think I suffered severe depression/PTSD but I never went to the doctors. My GF tried to support me but eventually my behaviour drove her away which I can understand.

We split up in May 2013 and I decided to get a clean break and move to Australia, something I had always dreamed of doing and I did it in June 2013. Despite still battling my emotions on and off I got a good job and got off the drugs for good. I still look back with fondness at the support I received here and would like to thank everybody again.

I suppose the message is that I know what it is like but I came through & so can you

Thanks for dropping by with the update and it's good to hear that you've come through your particular dark period and are on the up now.

It's interesting to note from your previous threads who is still around from four years ago and who has moved on

[if any recent new members wanted to read up on Lee's story, left click on his username and select 'forum posts']
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
    X