Trial Looming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial Looming

Well my partners case goes to trial in a matter of weeks. He is accused of sexual assault from when he was a teacher.

A fortnight ago we attended the pre trial hearing and until that point I fully believed this whole thing would miraculously be dropped. Now it's becoming real and I'm become afraid.

He had a previous allegation made against him years ago where the police seized everything, PCs phones etc and there was nothing. But now the prosecution want to use this as a bad character statement. The solicitor believes the new accuser has used this to her advantage and sort of jumped on the bandwagon as it makes her case look stronger.

Her evidence is very gappy and It's basically one word against another but I'm petrified. I'm scared its going to hit the papers and I'm sick of playing spot the journalist at court and I'm frightened he's going down for something he hasn't done.

Is there any light?

What an awful time for you....

Two members who have been through this ordeal have written positively of their experiences; don't know if you have already read these posts?

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks so much for your words I'll be sure to check it out

Comment

I am so sorry to read this. My partner is still waiting to hear. He has been bailed twice already, having been arrested in February. His next bail date is Thursday.

I have just read both of this recommended threads, and it has given me some hope. I truly hope it helps you as well.

Comment

Thanks so much!

I hope you get your NFA soon xxx

It's hard enough being the partner I just can't imaging what they are going through. It's horrific whether you should tell family or not etc.

I'm just hoping the truth prevails!

sending love to all of the fellas going through this and your friends and families who are supporting you.

Comment

Thanks.

I believe my partner 100%. He has been daft, but no way did he rape this woman.

My close family know, as do many of our friends. His Daughter also knows all and fully supports both her dad and myself. Neither of our parents have been told yet, as they are in they are 87 and 88 and currently have no need to know.

It wasn't until this happened, that I found this forum, and consequently discovered how many miscarriages of justice there have been and are. I cannot believe that some women have so much hate and jealousy in them, they can go ahead and falsely accuse the way they are doing.

Fingers crossed and good luck as you say for all the fellas out there this is happening to. x

Comment

Totally- I don't think they realise the damage they do when they make up this ****!

It's good to know we can support each other brought this forum xxx

Comment

Originally posted by NandS View Post
                Totally- I don't think they realise the damage they do when they make up this ****!

It's good to know we can support each other brought this forum xxx
                They either don't know or just don't care!
                My OH is on bail at the moment, so we're not quite as far in as you are.
                But in a similar situation in that the media will probably be all over it if there's a charge!
                I am dreading what they would print!
                There's no innocent till proven guilty in the papers, as long as they use words like "allegations" and "alleged" they cover themselves.
                Theres still a chance that something more interesting will come up to fill the news when our times come!!
                Let's hang on to that chance for now!
                Be strong, it's a rocky road!
                Big hugs
                YoH

Comment

So true!

Thanks Hun you too xx

Comment

Working...
                  X