• Show
Clear All

• So pleased for you!!

YoH

Comment

• Fantastic to see you back this evening

Have some bananas

Comment

• I do believe that the solicitor in this case was Paul Legg from Freemans http://www.freemanssolicitors.net/si...file/paul_legg - looks like yet another success story for them.

I understand that Chris Aspinall of Bank Court Chambers http://www.bankhousechambers.co.uk/1...chris-aspinall was defence counsel.

depressed182 I've re-read your posts and can see just how anxious you were about this case. You might find that you will need some help via your GP, to help you cope with the mood swings that area likely to come.

Hold on in there.
        x
        Last edited by Rights Fighter; 9 March 2017, 04:45 PM.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

• ali2

Well done to you I have seen a few in the last few weeks that have been not guilty verdict it is something that I have to go through in june of false allegaions of historic rape going back 40 years reading things like this gives a lot of hope to other people because as you know it just destroys all the family it so devastating and these evil money grabbing people should be made to pay for all the devastation they have caused But all I can say is well done to you and hope you get on with your life now and enjoy

Comment

• :absolutely delighted for you and your family. You have done you and yours proud. Well done. The truth was heard. Jury saw through the FA . Take time to recover and get this behind youx

Comment

• Amazing news congratulations to you, what a massive weight of your shoulders! Can't imagine how you must be feeling, you have given me hope.

Comment

• Absolutely amazing news!
                I just knew from what you put on here you had a not guilty coming your way!

RF is correct, you may experience some mood swings!
                Please don't worry about it, just accept you have been on a huge rollercoaster of emotion!!!!

So happy for you!!!

Oh and here are the bananas

Comment

• :: just brill so pleased for you , hopefully a peaceful sleep tonight and a new chapter beginning in life tomorrow for you full of smiles and sunshine .

Comment

• Well, where to start.

Paul Legg of Freemans. What a man, constant professional he has been a rock for me for two years. The dedication of this man is unreal, Sunday night at 11:00pm a reply, bank holidays a reply, anytime any day I needed anything a reply. Even when my questions may have seemed nothing I always felt like he had time for me and never went over 30 minutes without support. Incredible.

Bank House Chambers Sheffield. First I have to give my love to Mr Hillis I believe a barrister of 30+ years ??, throughout our meetings he always had faith in me. The Friday before the case on Monday I received a message from Paul that Mr Hillis had fallen ill. I was so worried I thought thats it I had been meeting this man for two years and hes not going to be there. The emotion was unbearable. Paul assured me that everything would be OK and this is not abnormal for barristers to change before the trial.

Barrister Chris Aspinall. This man tore the prosecution apart, there case was that I was a drunk , angry man in rage. He destroyed them with his closing speech. Even though he was cold in his demeener, what a professional no stone unturned. I wish I could have given him a hug but I could tell he was not that type of guy.

It all feels like a bad dream, that has lasted two years. To think that I nearly took my own life because of this is crazy, although at the time I know why. All I could think of was my family and my children when in the dock.

The FA is apparently saying she had to persue because the police made her. Whatever. Either way I dont care now, I broke down in court so much and now I still dont know how I am here. I have lived on £70 a week for two years because of my mental illness, I cannot wait to start providing for my kids again and finally start a life with my partner.

Sometimes its the little things you appreciate, laid in bed with my rock of a partner eating pringles watching Rick and Morty...... bliss.

This forum has been a shinging light in the darkest times and I will stick around for sure. Thank you.

TemporaryDepressed182 xxxxxx

Comment

• Well done, 2 years of hell for you and your family.
                      Seems like you had a fabulous legal team fighting your corner. I hope you can move on, look forwards and get back to normality with the love of your family. Your nightmare is over, long over due.
                      Hold your head high enjoy the relaxing worry free life that you deserve.

Comment

• Big big congratulations. The truth prevails!

Comment

• Originally posted by depressed182 View Post
                          Well, where to start.

Barrister Chris Aspinall. This man tore the prosecution apart, there case was that I was a drunk , angry man in rage. He destroyed them with his closing speech. Even though he was cold in his demeener, what a professional no stone unturned. I wish I could have given him a hug but I could tell he was not that type of guy.
                          Congratulations I think you are right , Chris , indeed does not look like much a hugger !

http://www.bankhousechambers.co.uk/1...chris-aspinall

But what a Barrister !

Comment

• One question that is on my mind folks is regarding the police officer who was in charge of the investigation.

He was there during the final days of my trial, is this normal practise ?

I couldn't see him but my family said that he had a look of disbelief when the prosecution was summing up. Even laughing at some of the accusations put forward by the prosecution - like he didnt believe the story they were trying to spin.... Crazy I know right!!

Comment

• Originally posted by depressed182 View Post
                              One question that is on my mind folks is regarding the police officer who was in charge of the investigation.

He was there during the final days of my trial, is this normal practise ?

I couldn't see him but my family said that he had a look of disbelief when the prosecution was summing up. Even laughing at some of the accusations put forward by the prosecution - like he didnt believe the story they were trying to spin.... Crazy I know right!!
                              I don't know if this is normal practice but experienced hands in court tell me that in the end in court, it comes down to who can spin the best story. From that perspective evidence is obviously "helpful" but not the be all and end all. In turn this translates that both prosecution and defence barristers are apt to try and weave the best tale. What probably happened is your case is that you had evidence on your side, and subsequently the prosecution barrister had to do a lot of weaving

In terms of the police officer, remember that they are targeted on getting these things to court (i.e finding enough evidence against you to convince the CPS it is a "goer"), and prosecutions less so. It is far easier for police officers for any offence to blame the CPS / prosecution barrister for being useless / incompetent / telling the wrong tale, than to examine the ammunition the police officer gave him and admit that he/she had only given the barrister blanks to fire. Policemen as a rule of thumb complain endlessly about the CPS / prosecution barristers and how useless they are. It is never their fault. If they stopped to think it through they would realise that because of how they have been taught i.e only finding prosecution evidence - rather than investigating in the round - there will always be a lot of cases where it just doesnt add up in court. This is true cross the police no matter what the crime involved is, but is more prevalent in these types of cases because the investigation is always more one sided.

Look at it this way either the policeman can rock back to the station and say either

"Yeah that guy "got off", jeeesuz those CPS boys suck"

Or

"Yeah that guy "got off", jeeesuz, not only is my whole career is a total farce because half these guys are innocent and I am tasked with bringing charges against them, but I even suck at that!"

Anyway, do yourself a favour and don't worry too much about what the police "think", thinking isn't really their strong suit tbh.

Comment

• The police officer in the case OIC is often at trial - sometimes ever day. It's not at all unusual.
                                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                                X