Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by depressed182 View Post
    Draining day today guys. The prosecution is finished. Defence tomorrow and then it looks like they will wrap up for a verdict.
    Well done for getting through it. I think you should feel better when defence has done their summing up as this is the last thing jury hear except for the judges summing up so hang in there, it's nearly over. Stay strongx

Comment

Oh dear we have broke today after the prosecution summing up I feel terrible. Sick to my stomach worrying that tonight will be my last night with my children.

My defence will sum up in the morning. Then the judge will sum up the case ??? Not sure what the judge will do or if I will get a verdict tomorrow or not ??

Comment

It's natural to be sick with worry at this point. We haven't been through this process (yet) but it seems to me that having the defence summing up followed by the judges summing up in the morning is a good position to be in. That is the information that will be freshest in the juries minds.

Of course, no-one can say how long it will be for the jury to reach their verdict, but I hope it won't be long and all this will be done and dusted with the correct verdict by this time tomorrow.

I'm sure others who have been through this process will come in with advice on how to spend this evening productively. Something fun with the children, even if it's just watching their favourite DVD together, (I don't know their ages so forgive me if this is a totally unsuitable suggestion), might help you relax a bit for part of the time.

In any event, I have bananas at the ready. Hang in there - you are on the home straight.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow.

Can't imagine what your going through, try to relax and get some rest. Hopefully the truth will prevail.

Comment

Hi there

Please hang,on in there. You are bound to feel stressed and anxious after hearing the prosecution summing up. But tomorrow will be better as it is your defence Barrister summing up with all the reasons why you should be found NG. Then the judge will sum up and send the jury out so there is a very good chance you will get verdict tomorrow. In OH trial We did find this day and last night extremely stressful and tears and anxiety for us both but we managed to overcome this and sat down and watched tv with a glass of something and woke up although little sleep was had we went to the Court heads up and got the Unanimous NG. SO please try and do something nice this evening and tomorrow when defence sums up,this will give you more strength. You are on the home straight. Stay strong x

Comment

FWW makes a great point, the prosecution summing up is never nice to listen to but it will be your barrister's summing up and hopefully a fair judge that is ringing in the juries ears tomorrow when they go to deliberate.

The other advantage to the timing is that your barrister will have plenty of time to revise and work on their speech,

Hang on in there. I'll have everything crossed for justice.
              For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
              https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Hopefully defence's closing speech will demolish the prosecutions! And the judge then has to sum up the evidence and give directions to the jury.

Hold on in there
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you so much. Was in tears today all day and again reading your kind words. I'm spending tonight with my family and those who have supported me, I feel like I'm planning for my last night with them tonight. The prosecution made me sound like something that I am not.

The prosecution tried to angry me and rile me as there case is that in a drunk , jealous angry man. I did not bite I kept calm and used the advise of water and deep breaths however I have a horrible feeling in my gut about the outcome.

Comment

Sounds like you did very well. You are basically accused of not being able to control yourself and yet you did, in the most stressful of situations. Hopefully the jury will have seen that and with your barrister correcting the false impression of you tomorrow the jury will have plenty to think about.

try and relax tonight and enjoy the company. It's natural to feel pessimistic and taking the nasty bag into the dock tomorrow may feel like you are resigned to a horrible fate but just think of it as being prepared for the jury to get it wrong.

I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts tomorrow.

The best of luck

peter
                    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Thank you so much. Was in tears today all day and again reading your kind words. I'm spending tonight with my family and those who have supported me, I feel like I'm planning for my last night with them tonight. The prosecution made me sound like something that I am not.

The prosecution tried to angry me and rile me as there case is that in a drunk , jealous angry man. I did not bite I kept calm and used the advise of water and deep breaths however I have a horrible feeling in my gut about the outcome.
                      Please bear in mind this time last week, I was pretty much in your shoes!
                      I felt sick to the core, even though deep down I could see the lies were there for all to see!!!
                      Unfortunately, until you get the ng verdict you deserve, you just won't rest!
                      Hang in there x

Comment

Your emotions will be all over the place tonight, one minute thinking everything is going well for you, the next minute it's all against you, have faith you are doing so well, head up high tomorrow liars always come unstuck in the end. Never doubt yourself the truth will prevail, we are all thinking about you

Comment

Feel like on on death row. I've had a few glasses of my favourite wine and a nice meal. I actually started to doubt myself when the prosecution painted there picture of me I know this is wrong but the effect this has on your mental state of mind is unreal.

I feel so had for my family and friends that have been there for me all week this week, if I get guilty and they have put so much faith in me. Taken time of work, not seen there children. I don't know I just feel that I will have let them down.

Sorry for all the ramblings on here this week. Its my only real way to vent other than with my partner who has stuck by me 100% throughout.

Due to be back in court tomorrow at 10.30. I believe the jury will break at lunch at 1.15 once all the summaries have been completed.

I'm not sure how long the jury breaks for or even if there is a minimum set time ? I keep hearing two and half hours from my family.

Comment

Well,done for managing to relax a little. Get a good nights sleep and be ready for the morning. You have done your absolute best. Let the Defence Barrister do their work. You haven't let anyone down. I believed in my OH 100% as well so just hold your head up,and see it through. There Is no set time jury's are out for . OH was about an hour. They broke for lunch and came back early. It was all really quick. Staystrongx

Comment

Get some rest.
                              You've done all you can.
                              You won't have let anyone down, the truth is still the truth.
                              The defence will redress the balance in the morning.
                              The prosecution have a job to do so don't take it personally. You're not the person they paint you to be.
                              Whatever happens you've fought and fought well.
                              Be proud of yourself for that, you're getting through a nightmare!
                              Well done
                              YoH

Comment

Due to be back in court tomorrow at 10.30. I believe the jury will break at lunch at 1.15 once all the summaries have been completed.

I'm not sure how long the jury breaks for or even if there is a minimum set time ? I keep hearing two and half hours from my family.
                                I would say that unless the summing up and the judges directions take forever you are likely to have an early lunch but the judge may order the jury not to bring a decision during the lunch hour, meaning you will be able to have the lunch hour away from the premises for something to eat. You will obviously have to hang around the rest of the time.

The minimum amount of time the judge will allow the jury for a unanimous decision is 2 hours 10 minutes (off the top of my head) but they could come back quickly or take longer. Sit tight.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X