Never thought this would happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TotalNightmare View Post
    Indeed, the police are busy enough as it is, especially with the cuts to their budgets.

The events in the last few weeks has humbled me a lot. First the Russian flight crashing, then Remembrance Day, then the events in Paris last night. This situation kind of pales in comparison to all of those, so in a strange way when I look at the people suffering due to those situations and look at my own, mine seems like nothing.

Oh well, grind on we shall.

Again, I'm in agreement, the thought that there's always someone worse off than ourselves, helps us put our cases into perspective. It could be a lot worse.

Comment

I just opened the most delicious tasting beer I have ever had in my life.

10 minutes ago the OIC called me - NO FURTHER ACTION!!!!!!!!!!

This was on the basis of no evidence and my wife refused to give evidence against me.

I feel weird - not happy, not sad, just shocked. I have still lost a wife and now have to go through divorce proceedings. She said all my bail conditions have been lifted, does this mean I can now contact my wife? She took our marriage certificate which I need to file for a divorce.

Also, I met someone new in the meantime, and she was aware of my situation . Plus I am going to Barcelona on Friday for a cheeky weekend away which will now be awesome without this hanging over me!

Everyone still in this process, I wish you the best of luck. Thank God it hasn't went further.

Comment

Immensly happy for you it must feel wonderful enjoy your holiday you totally deserve it!!!
        Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Oh that is utterly fabulous!!!!

woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gifwoohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gifwoohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gifwoohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gifwoohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

I wouldn't contact her. You can always get a copy of the certificate from the Registry office or other similar websites
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Damn it is good to see those bananas

But like many here, it feels like a Pyrrhic victory. The whole process saps so much out of you, even an NFA feels like you are left feeling empty.

Trouble is Rights Fighter, we didn't marry in the UK. We married in her home country, which will be the next nightmare I have to deal with.

Oh well, for now I will enjoy this beer

Comment

Enjoy the beer (s) and research how you can get your "marriage" certificate without having to contact the soon-to-be ex - later.

Maybe soon we can hold an online divorce party on here! I had one when mine came through. Held it in a British Legion club, fancy dress with cabaret and a buffet!

You will go through various moods and feelings of highs and lows and somewhere in between. If it gets really bad have a chat with your GP. It's all perfectly normal for the abnormal situation that you are in.

The divorce can wait.
              Last edited by Rights Fighter; 14 November 2015, 05:36 PM.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Brilliant news and one less thing for you to worry about (I appreciate that you've still got lots!)
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

hi

Fab news, a great relief enjoy your beer and chill

Comment

Originally posted by TotalNightmare View Post
                    I just opened the most delicious tasting beer I have ever had in my life.

10 minutes ago the OIC called me - NO FURTHER ACTION!!!!!!!!!!

This was on the basis of no evidence and my wife refused to give evidence against me.

I feel weird - not happy, not sad, just shocked. I have still lost a wife and now have to go through divorce proceedings. She said all my bail conditions have been lifted, does this mean I can now contact my wife? She took our marriage certificate which I need to file for a divorce.

Also, I met someone new in the meantime, and she was aware of my situation . Plus I am going to Barcelona on Friday for a cheeky weekend away which will now be awesome without this hanging over me!

Everyone still in this process, I wish you the best of luck. Thank God it hasn't went further.
                    Big well done, life can now slowly return to normal. Have a relaxing break away,a don enjoy the beer

Comment

Thanks guys, about to head to the shop and get a few more beers in I think - I wasn't stocked up enough for such news

The police did explicitly say that it will be an NFA and will appear on Enhanced CRB checks, and that if any evidence emerges in the future they will re-open the case.

I might write to my MP to try for an NC due to the nature of my career, but for now and I am satisfied with an NFA.

The next step for me is to forward a copy of my NFA in writing to the Home Office, so if my wife tries to claim for a DV visa she will not be successful. I do not want to be vengeful but people shouldn't be allowed to take the piss when migrating to the UK. Visa curtailment and ultimately divorce will be the next steps on this journey.

Comment

That's fantastic news. Lovely to see a positive result on here.

I've no idea how to do the dancing bananas sorry 😂

Comment

hi

Originally posted by wakingnightmare View Post
                          That's fantastic news. Lovely to see a positive result on here.

I've no idea how to do the dancing bananas sorry 
                          It doesn't matter if you know or dont know how to do dancing bananas the support you give is all that matters, if you don't mind I will put them on for youbanana::banana::

Comment

Glad you got the news you needed fella! Hope the rest of your life goes a lot smoother.

Comment

So pleased to hear this!
                              Love these little bananas.
                              Take time to recover from it.
                              Slowly does it!

Best of luck for the future now
                              YoH

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                                Enjoy the beer (s) and research how you can get your "marriage" certificate without having to contact the soon-to-be ex - later.

Maybe soon we can hold an online divorce party on here! I had one when mine came through. Held it in a British Legion club, fancy dress with cabaret and a buffet!

You will go through various moods and feelings of highs and lows and somewhere in between. If it gets really bad have a chat with your GP. It's all perfectly normal for the abnormal situation that you are in.

The divorce can wait.
                                I think the first thing I will do is forward the police documents confirming the NFA to the Home Office in case she tries to claim a DV visa.

Then the divorce celebrations can come later

Comment

Working...
                                X