I'm new to this... but i'm a "victim" (hate that word) and feeling angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new to this... but i'm a "victim" (hate that word) and feeling angry

I reported my rape about 7 weeks ago - i try not to count. This was nearly 7months after it happened. I was in a way forced to, due to a public incident in which the rapist got punched ( a guy i'd told punched him), and yes it filled me with satisfaction. However, since then it's dredged up a lot of emotion and so very much anger. A lot of bitterness too.
    I want to ruin his life like he's damaged mine.
    I want to make him suffer.
    I want him to feel alone and ashamed.

Police investigation ongoing, I know though he'll get away with it.

hi

Originally posted by rosemay09 View Post
    I reported my rape about 7 weeks ago - i try not to count. This was nearly 7months after it happened. I was in a way forced to, due to a public incident in which the rapist got punched ( a guy i'd told punched him), and yes it filled me with satisfaction. However, since then it's dredged up a lot of emotion and so very much anger. A lot of bitterness too.
    I want to ruin his life like he's damaged mine.
    I want to make him suffer.
    I want him to feel alone and ashamed.

Police investigation ongoing, I know though he'll get away with it.
    Hi,
    I always try to answer these posts. On one hand it can be argued that here is not perhaps the best place to get a sympathetic hearing, but I feel that if we can be supportive to the falsely accused on this forum, then we should extend that courtesy to the few (at the moment) victims that post on this forum.

I can understand your feelings to an extent. A much lesser incident happened to me recently. I am an electrical tester and work unsupervised in council houses.

Funny little fella in one of the houses, didn't appear to be all there. Seemed to open up while I was working, a lot of the tenants are lonely and do, me being such a chatterbox. Long story short just before I left he came right up to me, put his arm round me and; placing his hand on my cr*tch started rubbing the little fella.

Classy move, eh? Surprised he's single. He only said 4 words- " Yow ay am ya?"
    I said no and he backed off straight away.

I rang my mate and told him and we were in stitches about it.

Funny thing was, about 20 mins later and sporadically through the day, I felt distaste and just wanted to get back home and wash the thing and my trousers too.

If such a minor thing like that can evoke feelings of distaste then it must be 1000s of times worse for a victim of rape.

I can sympathise with the way you're feeling and I hope you can find a way to come through this. You obviously have strength in you. Stay strong!

Comment

Working...
    X