Feeling Normal/Coping Methods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Normal/Coping Methods.

Attempting to do anything feels absolutely futile, as if my future is already wiped out.

I can no longer see tomorrow, and yesterday feels like it was all a dream.

A man with a heavy heart.

How are you all coping with this? It hurts so much more that it's between friends.

I can't even bring myself to work out, and I was such a health freak. Constantly eating chocolate, sweets and all types of junk.
    This can't be life.

You sound like my partner and myself. We feel like our lives are over. It's heartbreaking. We try and catch seconds of happiness but to every high there are many lows.

Wish I could say more positives but not knowing your future is diabolical

Comment

Originally posted by SalvationNeeded123 View Post
      Attempting to do anything feels absolutely futile, as if my future is already wiped out.

How are you all coping with this? It hurts so much more that it's between friends.

I can't even bring myself to work out, and I was such a health freak. Constantly eating chocolate, sweets and all types of junk.
      This can't be life.
      I can empathise with you : most people I know lose weight through stress ......can't think of anything more stressful and horrible than these FA's ... But alas I always was a comfort eater ; albeit kept it under control .... But, now 10 months since my son was arrested and charged, it's all I can do to get up in the morning ; so a human dustbin I've become - probably trying to numb all senses via chocolate and/or alcohol.

But : it's got to stop - given myself a kick and told myself I have to stay strong for my son and our close knit family ..... So tomorrows a new day - joining gym & will not buy any chocolate again ... The booze might take a little longer to give up.

Please keep strong - it's all we can do. try and have some "normal" time when & where you can.
      I know it's easier said than done. I now talk to other shoppers in the supermarket or garden centre more frequently - as they don't know of the heartache I'm feeling and we can pass time talking about "normal" everyday topics. And for those brief times , I can forget the never ending sickness and fear for my family. I recommend it !

All best wishes and a hug from me
      Innocentson's mum
      Innocentson

Comment

Originally posted by SalvationNeeded123 View Post

This can't be life.
        Few things you can do

1. Stay active
        2. Keep mind active - you are your own lawyer so keep reading
        3. Do something you've always wanted to do but never had the time
        4. Keep yourself clean
        5. Turn to God. Submit to God. He will only help you
        6. If you think 5. is silly...well let's see you string a miracle up.
        7. Read about history
        8. Focus on family
        9. Always stay in touch with one friend at least

Comment

Originally posted by Blingguy View Post
          Few things you can do

1. Stay active
          4. Keep yourself clean
          7. Read about history
          8. Focus on family
          This might possibly be the best post I've seen on here thus far.
          Thank you for that.

Comment

Thanks

Pleasure. Let me know if they work out

Comment

Originally posted by Blingguy View Post
              Few things you can do

1. Stay active
              4. Keep yourself clean
              7. Read about history
              8. Focus on family
              Great post.

Comments on your points:

1&2. Completely agree. Submerging myself in work and giving myself other things to think about has been very helpful. Sitting at home with nothing else to do but worry has been very damaging.
              5. Absolutely. If anyone is picking up a Bible for the first time then read Psalms (hence this is my handle here). You'll soon understand why it's so relevant to what you're going through and be able to use the prayers that David used.
              8. Again, absolutely. Thinking of my kids has been a source of motivation not to give up...
              9. Agreed. Surround yourself with wise council. They will likely have a far more objective view on the situation than the person going through it.
              10. Remember that whatever the outcome, this situation WILL END. I say that because it sure doesn't feel that way when you're in it. Psychologically it's really important to get this, and have people constantly remind you of it!

Comment

Originally posted by psalms View Post
                Great post.

Comments on your points:

1&2. Completely agree. Submerging myself in work and giving myself other things to think about has been very helpful. Sitting at home with nothing else to do but worry has been very damaging.
                5. Absolutely. If anyone is picking up a Bible for the first time then read Psalms (hence this is my handle here). You'll soon understand why it's so relevant to what you're going through and be able to use the prayers that David used.
                8. Again, absolutely. Thinking of my kids has been a source of motivation not to give up...
                9. Agreed. Surround yourself with wise council. They will likely have a far more objective view on the situation than the person going through it.
                10. Remember that whatever the outcome, this situation WILL END. I say that because it sure doesn't feel that way when you're in it. Psychologically it's really important to get this, and have people constantly remind you of it!
                Definitely agree with all that but turn to the Koran instead! Read the story of Joseph in it!

Comment

Working...
                X