Intoxication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intoxication

What are thoughts on the outcome of cases involving alcohol and drugs, both consumed by the FA and accused.

Previous examples/experiences would be great.

Thank the world for the this forum. Unbelievably helpful as I've felt alone for months.

Welcome Salvation

I guess you never thought you be reaching out onto this site, really tragic. Im going through it too, well the system is a joke. They disregard the fact that both of you were drunk and loss of memory will work against you, as long as she says she don't remember then you screwed.And you say you don't remember then you screwed, that's why the best defence is needed here.

Basically you fighting to prove your innocence from the time you accused, I feel if two people go get drunk and whatever they both should be responsible for whtever happens but unfortunately girls go do dirt and regret it, then go scream rape. Its a cool thing lately..........see the influx of posters onhere and look at the first pages of this site, there was a few posters, but now since Saville its ridiculous.

The cops don't give a damn about truth, Its about conviction an targets.Long as they feel they can twist your head and send you to the sewer then they are happy to do it.
    All the best in your situation.

Comment

My thoughts

In my situation the complainant has admitted to and tested positive to taking cocaine (stimulant) yet claiming memory loss/asleep.
      Zero responsibility/accountability on her part - much easier to just shift the blame.
      The key thing to remember is beyond reasonable doubt.
      A lot of people are being charged but that is miles away from being convicted.
      Happy to discuss further at any point.

Comment

That's true that conviction is miles away, yet the process itself robs one of life.
        I hope your defence team is strong and that you'll walk away with your head held high and your dignity in place Tony.
        I wish you all the best.

How long did it take for them to charge you? And do you know the final (false)offence was that the CPS charged?

Comment

Took six months.
          Sexual assault.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1 View Post
            In my situation the complainant has admitted to and tested positive to taking cocaine (stimulant) yet claiming memory loss/asleep.
            Zero responsibility/accountability on her part - much easier to just shift the blame.
            The key thing to remember is beyond reasonable doubt.
            A lot of people are being charged but that is miles away from being convicted.
            Happy to discuss further at any point.
            Can you PM me Tony?

Comment

I want to post a similar case, but can not see post new thread link

See the title

Comment

Originally posted by Jjj View Post
                See the title
                Hey JJJ,

Unfortunately I say welcome, I'm relatively new myself. Wish I wasn't but at least we can help each other!

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/f...ccused-of-rape
                -- If you click on this link it'll be on the top left hand corner, it'll say 'Post New Thread', the rest should be pretty straightforward.

Sal.

Comment

Intoxication

Usual case is too drunk to consent or giving noxious substance with intention to stupefy or over power

Mathew riches is a recent case

check it out

A lot of this rides on expert testimony so make sure your brief gets the best and innocence will prevail

Comment

Luckily, I didn't give her the drugs and she wasn't too drunk to consent either. Others will testify that.

Fingers still crossed.

Comment

What if she takes stimulant drugs on her behest?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1 View Post
                        What if she takes stimulant drugs on her behest?
                        Did anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by SalvationNeeded123 View Post
                          Did anyone have any thoughts on this?
                          I believe from a legal point of view it makes little difference.
                          It may not even be mentioned during the trial.
                          But if it is and the jury are advised that both parties were taking it then it wouldn't be relevant.
                          Obviously the truth is that drugs or no drugs, no one deserves to be raped.
                          It wouldn't be a defence.
                          As it also wouldn't be an excuse.
                          Her actions are irrelevant.
                          It's a question of consent and where drugs and alcohol are involved then it's very difficult to assess whether consent was clear.
                          Unless she is claiming not to have knowingly taken it?
                          Then it's the scenario of word against word during trial.
                          I'm no legal mind but I believe this is the case?
                          Don't quote me!!
                          YoH

Comment

My FA was convinced I druged her, since proven not so and was found twice the drink drive limit hardly alot!! However seems the poor dear is still very much the victim having done this to other men now !!!! Awful system and 18 months of my life now gone and counting i cant wait till my trail in feb

Comment

Originally posted by YearsOfHell View Post
                              I believe from a legal point of view it makes little difference.
                              It may not even be mentioned during the trial.
                              But if it is and the jury are advised that both parties were taking it then it wouldn't be relevant.
                              Obviously the truth is that drugs or no drugs, no one deserves to be raped.
                              It wouldn't be a defence.
                              As it also wouldn't be an excuse.
                              Her actions are irrelevant.
                              It's a question of consent and where drugs and alcohol are involved then it's very difficult to assess whether consent was clear.
                              Unless she is claiming not to have knowingly taken it?
                              Then it's the scenario of word against word during trial.
                              I'm no legal mind but I believe this is the case?
                              Don't quote me!!
                              YoH
                              Okay, that's fine, in terms of it not making a difference. So long as it means a level playing field as I was intoxicated myself.

I agree, no drugs condone any sort of sordid behaviour, but so long as the two teams(defence and prosecution) don't count it in(the drug and alcohol use from both of us), that's fine with me. Word for word it is.

Luckily she was it was voluntary use too, so that should definitely level things between us.

It's tough because we're both equally responsible for our actions, but regret is a terrible emotion in the human condition. Still, I'm sure she has a soul and things may calm in her...time will tell.
                              Last edited by SalvationNeeded123; 5 December 2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X