Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historical Rape Allegation - What happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Rape Allegation - What happens?

My father in law has been accused of historical rape. He is 80 years of age and has been nothing but a gentleman for the 25 years that I have known him. His niece has accused him of raping her over 20 years ago. This first came to light in 2007 when her family contacted my wife and her brothers and told them of what their father had allegedly done. At the time my brother in law had a house they wanted and when he sold the house back there was no mention of the allegations and the police were never contacted. It was blackmail but because my father in law didn't report it, it now looks like they were paid off to keep quiet but that wasn't the case, he didn't want his good name blackened. We live in a small town in N.Ireland. They have now made fresh allegations at the end of last year and the police called to my father in laws house to make him aware of it. They arrived told him there was allegations of a sexual nature, couldn't give him the name of who made them or what they were and told him to come to the police station this Wednesday (1st Oct) with a solicitor. Can anyone advise what will happen at this meeting and what will happen after this. also any advice on what to do now would be greatly appreciated. These allegations are driven by deep rooted hate, the niece's family have a history with the police. Her mother has been known to make false allegations years ago and was found guilty of it. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as he is a proud man and I don't think he will cope with the stress of this.

Hello Nebbars

A welcome to the forum although sorry that you have to be here.
    Unfortunately these cases are not unusual but no one can say how far this will go.

Check here for some advice: http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

All I can say is prepare for the worst but hope for the best, sometimes these things are over and dropped quickly, others are taken all the way.

Be Strong

YoH

Comment

Working...
    X