Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost and helpless

Dear all.
    For the past 11 months I have been viewing and reading all your help full advise and success stories.
    I have finally picked up the courage to tell you a little about mine.

I am not the victim of the false accusation however I am the victims girlfriend. And being affected greatly by it.

My boyfriend and I have been together now for almost 3 years. During the summer of 2014 we had a break for around a month. In this time we both partied a lot (as we are at university) and went with other people. This was all innocent fun and we still cared about each other a lot. We are best friends.

One evening during our break I went over to my boyfriends flat to hang out which he shared with a few other students.
    All of a sudden there is a knock at his door and around five police were there. I was asked to leave and at the time thought nothing of it as I wasn't aware he had been with anyone else. A few hours passed and I couldn't contact him. I started to worry so contacted his flatmates in the hope they would know what was going on.
    They told me the police had taken him but they didn't know why.
    After being put on hold for what seemed forever I was told by police he had been taken into cusdody.
    2 sleepless days passed... No information from the police... Just rumors I heard but didn't want to believe... Finally i recieved a call from the police asking me to attend, provide DNA samples and a character witness statment... This confirmed my fears of the rumors becoming reality.
    Finally he was relieved on bail and able to explain to me what had happened with very little detail.

He has been allocated a solicitor and a lawyer who he seems to really like.

Right now as I am involved in the case he can not tell me anything about what is happening... what is going on.. Or what will happen... And I'm scared

Although such a terrible circumstance brought us back together I am happy to be here... Be his girlfriend... And give him every support he needs.
    I'm only 21 and he is 22 this is no life for students like us.
    I feel helpless in the situation as there is nothing I can do. I know he is innocent and so do all his friends and family. But his fate is in the hands of a few people he has never met in his life. They don't know how kind and gentle he is. Only what he is being accused of.
    I also worry that he may be viewed differently due to the stigma attached to young black males in the UK and he also spent part of his life in care. Although this seems like a bad thing to say I believe a lot of his friends and family are thinking the same thing.

I have a few questions for those who have been through the whole process. I know every case is different but surely there is some routine to the process.

My boyfriend has been on bail for just under 12 months. He tells me he is to appear in court to plead not guilty within the next few weeks. Is this the full trial? What happens here?

Please give me any advise you can all I want is for this to be over so we can get back to a normal life.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Worried-sick; 22 September 2015, 02:40 PM.

It sounds like he is due to attend a plea and case management hearing. This is not the trial and no jury will be present.

He will sit in the dock while the barristers do their bit of legal argument if there is any. OH will be asked to stand. The charges (counts on the indictment) will be read to him and he will be asked "do you plead guilty or not guilty?".

He will hold his head high and and say clearly: "not guilty" to each one. He will be invited to sit down. There might be other legal discussion and possibly requests for disclosure (evidence) by the defence from the prosecution.

These hearings usually take about half an hour, give or take. He may well spend longer hanging around waiting for the case to be "heard".

A date for the trial may be given at this hearing as both counsel will be asked about their diaries and mutually convenient days.

Best that you do not attend as you are a witness although you might be able to sit outside so he can come out to you - but ask the solicitor first if that is ok.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hello and welcome, although it's never good news when yet another victim has to find us.

I'm no good on legal matters, but here you will find a whole army of women supporting men, women and children on this awful journey.

from my own experience, he will enter a plea then a date will be set but in our case there were 4 attempts to set a date and we only put in pleas at the start of the trial.

I hope it never gets this far.

He can also join the forum for advice too.
      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Worried-sick View Post
        Dear all.
        For the past 11 months I have been viewing and reading all your help full advise and success stories.
        I have finally picked up the courage to tell you a little about mine.

I am not the victim of the false accusation however I am the victims girlfriend. And being affected greatly by it.

My boyfriend and I have been together now for almost 3 years. During the summer of 2014 we had a break for around a month. In this time we both partied a lot (as we are at university) and went with other people. This was all innocent fun and we still cared about each other a lot. We are best friends.

One evening during our break I went over to my boyfriends flat to hang out which he shared with a few other students.
        All of a sudden there is a knock at his door and around five police were there. I was asked to leave and at the time thought nothing of it as I wasn't aware he had been with anyone else. A few hours passed and I couldn't contact him. I started to worry so contacted his flatmates in the hope they would know what was going on.
        They told me the police had taken him but they didn't know why.
        After being put on hold for what seemed forever I was told by police he had been taken into cusdody.
        2 sleepless days passed... No information from the police... Just rumors I heard but didn't want to believe... Finally i recieved a call from the police asking me to attend, provide DNA samples and a character witness statment... This confirmed my fears of the rumors becoming reality.
        Finally he was relieved on bail and able to explain to me what had happened with very little detail.

He has been allocated a solicitor and a lawyer who he seems to really like.

Right now as I am involved in the case he can not tell me anything about what is happening... what is going on.. Or what will happen... And I'm scared

Although such a terrible circumstance brought us back together I am happy to be here... Be his girlfriend... And give him every support he needs.
        I'm only 21 and he is 22 this is no life for students like us.
        I feel helpless in the situation as there is nothing I can do. I know he is innocent and so do all his friends and family. But his fate is in the hands of a few people he has never met in his life. They don't know how kind and gentle he is. Only what he is being accused of.
        I also worry that he may be viewed differently due to the stigma attached to young black males in the UK and he also spent part of his life in care. Although this seems like a bad thing to say I believe a lot of his friends and family are thinking the same thing.

I have a few questions for those who have been through the whole process. I know every case is different but surely there is some routine to the process.

My boyfriend has been on bail for just under 12 months. He tells me he is to appear in court to plead not guilty within the next few weeks. Is this the full trial? What happens here?

Please give me any advise you can all I want is for this to be over so we can get back to a normal life.

Thank you.
        Hiya, sorry I can't be much help, things were over quite quickly for me, but I'm wishing you and your boyfriend all the best and hoping things work out for you.
        Stay strong

Comment

Working...
        X