Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magistrates Court

Quick update:

Magistrates court next month - Will be sent up to crown so hopefully not too stressful.

Any advice for the day?

I'm off work for the moment - joined the gym and getting super fit.

Some good days some bad.

Still cant believe this is happening.

If anyone in a similar situation wants to PM i am happy to share concerns etc.

Tony

Is this just an appearance Tony not a trial or anything?

The gym kept me busy during my saga, keeping In shape was good for my state of mind too. Was actually the doc who suggested it.

Comment

Originally posted by edinguy View Post
      Is this just an appearance Tony not a trial or anything?

The gym kept me busy during my saga, keeping In shape was good for my state of mind too. Was actually the doc who suggested it.
      Apparently I just have to confirm my name.
      Trial will be at crown court next summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1 View Post
        Apparently I just have to confirm my name.
        Trial will be at crown court next summer.

Ah sounds a bit similar to me then.

Well after I was charged I appeared in court to confirm name and hear bail conditions.

I made another appearance to the court too before my trial began.

Comment

Is this a preliminary hearing? Dont worry too much just think of it this way: every day day spent worrying about the future or crying about the past..is a day lost.

Make the most of the moment

Comment

First time in court - Think its called preliminary hearing.

All the procedure/process is quite intimidating.

Comment

Mag is not a prelim hearing. It's just to boot you "upstairs" to the higher court (Crown). Prelim hearings might take place once that is done, depending on whether CPS disclose the necessary paperwork
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Good luck. Cannot believe it's even going to court

Comment

Thanks for the info - As far as I am aware the only evidence in my case is her statement.
                  A mate of mine who is a copper said that cases are being charged this year that wouldn't have even gone to CPS a few years back.

The approach is so wrong - no scrutiny of the complainants version of events.

Comment

Your mate is right. I've seen cases going to trial where (fortunately) they've either been dumped before going too far or it's a not guilty verdict. The judge then remarks that the case should have have gone to charge, let alone to trial.

Having said that, I know of cases over five years ago that the judge dumped before it got too far, but these days they allow them to continue despite valid arguments (usually Abuse of Process) because the CPS then go to the Court of Appeal to "appeal the terminating ruling".........
                    Last edited by Rights Fighter; 15 September 2015, 08:06 PM.
                    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

did yours end up in the newspapers Tony? That's my only worry.

Be strong brother, the enemy shall not win.

Comment

Not as yet - From what I can gather the press only really go for it if convicted or you are high profile.

Comment

Hi- I've just been charged on the word of a statement and its shocking.

I'm scared about court now and journalists (I'm not famous) but I understand low life freelancers sit there waiting for a case like rape that they can sell to local papers.

I note you mention just giving your name. Is there any way to avoid address for above reason and family safety concerns too?

Comment

I have been through magistrates and two hearings at crown and no press.

My Trial is in May and the press issue is a concern.

Expert advice is that press will wait until the trial outcome.
                            No guarentees, sorry I can't be more helpful.

Ridiculous being charged on such shaky grounds.

Keep going mate - things will work out.

Tony

Originally posted by itsover View Post
                            Hi- I've just been charged on the word of a statement and its shocking.

I'm scared about court now and journalists (I'm not famous) but I understand low life freelancers sit there waiting for a case like rape that they can sell to local papers.

I note you mention just giving your name. Is there any way to avoid address for above reason and family safety concerns too?

Comment

Thanks and good luck Tony.

Its address I am scared about most. Why do they insist we give this publically when they already have it? Surely this not only creates potential press issues but also potential vigilante action in a highly emotionally charged type of case.

I just need to protect my family and my reputation

Comment

Working...
                              X