Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ist-solicitors

Although there are now many pages to trawl through. Solicitor Chris is private client only. He stopped doing trials on legal aid when they stopped paying by the hour and only by the case. That means that if several months work is required, he is paid the same amount for a month's work. Obviously you cannot expect a highly experienced solicitor to undertake hundreds of hours work and only be paid for a fraction of that.

Remind me, which area would any potential trial be in? Usually where the alleged offences took place. Don't identify a village (this is a public forum) but maybe a county?
    How much could it potentially cost? I would pay monthly for this for my whole life if I had to. Potential trial would be in the West Yorkshire area.

Originally posted by lazy lass View Post
    Please do not give up faith, you have the support of us on the forum. No one ever thinks they will have to find a forum for false allegations but thank God there is one, I didn't post at the time our son was falsley accused but kept checking on other people's situations which really helped me, we had 9 months of hell it seemed a life time to us but for other people their nightmare lasted much longer. Our son got his nfa in July. I hope you get the same result, it's a hard road we have to travel to get to regaining faith. Hang on in there.
    Thank you so much. And congratulations on the NFA. something has to change , a movement or something has to happen , maybe a petition for potential falsely accused. If I get the NFA I want to try campaign to change the law.

Comment

Ring him and ask. You'll find him very understanding and calming.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnburrows View Post
        How much could it potentially cost? I would pay monthly for this for my whole life if I had to. Potential trial would be in the West Yorkshire area.

Thank you so much. And congratulations on the NFA. something has to change , a movement or something has to happen , maybe a petition for potential falsely accused. If I get the NFA I want to try campaign to change the law.
        I agree there should be something that is in favour for those that are falsley accused, the false accuser gets the help support and the sympathy, the accused have to go and seek out forums to make innocent voices heard, the falsely accused need to be heard toosupport.How do we start a campaign because it is much needed. Chin up and soldier on.

Comment

Guys I really need some big advice

My tenancy is due to end soon. And if I don't end it now and lose my job later down the line, I won't get my deposit and will have to pay until a new tenant moves in (strict estate agent policy).

Everyone's losing their jobs from the threads I am reading?? What are the chances of me losing my job if it goes to court? Should i quit and relocate to my home town whilst I still have the money ?

I don't know what to do

Comment

It's a really hard call.

Have you told your employers?

If you quit work... Will you get another job? Jobs are still pretty difficult to find and you'll need to be honest when answering questions in application forms.

How long a tenancy agreement do you need to enter?
            Last edited by lawlessone2009; 28 September 2015, 08:11 PM.
            Wow... A signature option!

Comment

a long wait (similar boat)

hi there i got asked for a chat a good while back ,ive had 3 birthdays , and 2 xmasses since then ,but yep girls lying about there age ,15 not 19 ,i understand ,our circumstances are different ,i don't have children married though ,mines from 15 years ago ,still waiting to hear something ,im a fair wreck to be honest ,ive tried doing things to take my mind off it etc,but its still there everyday on awakening ,im not throwing the towel in ,don't see why i should ,but nearly 3 year ,it's laughable ,theres a lot to mine that the authorities were involved in at the time ,needless to say the police looked for her at mine twice ,not there ,all on report , the oic interviewed my brother (when she got back off her hols) and said ,and i quote"it was you she fancied really" ,now im just waiting ,i hope yo get a quicker resolve than i did ,it's a horrid existence ,oh and by the way this was investigated for 4 months before i went for the chat ,and apparently i threw her down some stairs and made her miscarry our child ,thought i would tack that bit on at the end ,thats what they did at the police voluntary interview , ive said enough good luck ,wish i good news ,sorry for the downer ,all cases different remember that

Comment

my kids have been taken away, I have had to move out.

I sleep in a shared house, a small cold, damp. cracked bedroom.
                Guys I really need some big advice

My tenancy is due to end soon. And if I don't end it now and lose my job later down the line, I won't get my deposit and will have to pay until a new tenant moves in (strict estate agent policy).
                Hi, in your op you mentioned that you aren't living at your home due to bail conditions, did you mean the tenancy is ending on this one or the shared house?

If the former and you see no prospect of a reconciliation with your partner then it is her problem and she should get the tenancy agreement altered to her name; however if you hope to get back together if/when you are NFA'd then you should keep up the tenancy for the family's sake.

If the latter it doesn't sound much of a loss; however if you move back to your home town, will this affect you getting to work?

I realise that I haven't offered any advice but just laid out the options.....but I don't think you should make any huge lifestyle changes at the moment until you know for certain which way the wind is going to blow.
                'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by sp123 View Post
                  hi there i got asked for a chat a good while back ,ive had 3 birthdays , and 2 xmasses since then ,but yep girls lying about there age ,15 not 19 ,i understand ,our circumstances are different ,i don't have children married though ,mines from 15 years ago ,still waiting to hear something ,im a fair wreck to be honest ,ive tried doing things to take my mind off it etc,but its still there everyday on awakening ,im not throwing the towel in ,don't see why i should ,but nearly 3 year ,it's laughable ,theres a lot to mine that the authorities were involved in at the time ,needless to say the police looked for her at mine twice ,not there ,all on report , the oic interviewed my brother (when she got back off her hols) and said ,and i quote"it was you she fancied really" ,now im just waiting ,i hope yo get a quicker resolve than i did ,it's a horrid existence ,oh and by the way this was investigated for 4 months before i went for the chat ,and apparently i threw her down some stairs and made her miscarry our child ,thought i would tack that bit on at the end ,thats what they did at the police voluntary interview , ive said enough good luck ,wish i good news ,sorry for the downer ,all cases different remember that
                  Thank you for your comment ,your right every case is different, I have until 24th October for my bail date. Dreading every second.

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                  Hi, in your op you mentioned that you aren't living at your home due to bail conditions, did you mean the tenancy is ending on this one or the shared house?

If the former and you see no prospect of a reconciliation with your partner then it is her problem and she should get the tenancy agreement altered to her name; however if you hope to get back together if/when you are NFA'd then you should keep up the tenancy for the family's sake.

If the latter it doesn't sound much of a loss; however if you move back to your home town, will this affect you getting to work?

I realise that I haven't offered any advice but just laid out the options.....but I don't think you should make any huge lifestyle changes at the moment until you know for certain which way the wind is going to blow.
                  The tendency is ending on my original house where my partner and kids stay. I don't mind about the shared house it was cheap and really tacky , all I could afford. I hope to sort things with my partner we just have set this issue to a side for now with the newborn arriving and everything. She is a stay at home mom and can't afford to pay the rent as it's quite and expensive house £700+ , the last thing I want to do is make my family homeless but if anything happens to me (ie prison) then it's going to be really difficult for her to pay etc. the job I do is very specific and hard to find. I am a 3d artist so it will be hard to get a job again in what I graduated in. But I could always find a temporary job.

Originally posted by lawlessone2009 View Post
                  It's a really hard call.

Have you told your employers?

If you quite work... Will you get another job? Jobs are still pretty difficult to find and you'll need to be honest when answering questions in application forms.

How long a tenancy agreement do you need to enter?
                  I haven't told my employers I don't really plan to. Will they find out ? In my field not right away but maybe something like in a supermarket.
                  We have to enter a tenancy from 6-12 months. I am just worried if I lose my job. I won't get my 700 deposit and some of my wage to setup a new home in my home town.

Comment

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.....

If the worst happens and you are sent down ( I personally think this is unlikely but it's about preparing for the worst) as your partner isn't employed she will be able to apply for housing benefit to cover the rent (but do note that there will be a specific maximum amount laid down by the local council so do investigate this to make sure that there isn't a massive shortfall between this and the rent that you are paying)
                    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I'm Sorry, But.....

I'm sorry sp123 but I have to say this.....For those of us that are still in limbo, waiting for the "dreaded call" or letter, your posts warning people about your completely unacceptable wait are not as helpful as you intend them to be....

...Judging by recent posts (where you confirm that you have never contacted the OIC and you are no longer even living at the address you were at when this all started) it seems very possible, at least to me, that your ordeal could well have been over months or even over a year ago.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the police would have found you if they had charged you, so in that respect it's safe to assume that you haven't (yet) been charged. However, similarly, I have no doubt that if you have been NFA'd then they would make no further effort to make sure you knew other than (perhaps) sending you a letter (which has likely gone to the wrong address).

From my standpoint, in your situation, this will only ever be over for you if you contact the OIC to find out what's going on. Other better-informed members will correct me, but doing this will not "wake a sleeping dog" as you have put in a previous post.....Whilst the police will certainly not spend 24hrs a day on an investigation, I highly doubt they "forget" to continue it.

Please know that I am not trying to upset you....quite the opposite - I want this to be over for you & I want you to have a "banana" thread.....Can you imagine how it will feel if you're told "Oh, that was NFA 18 months ago! Didn't you get the letter?"

Yes, there is a possibility that it's still ongoing - but knowing that will surely answer some of the questions you've been wrestling with for a couple of years?

I'm very hopeful that this is over & you just don't know it. Please see if you can summon the strength & confidence (which will be terribly difficult) to phone the OIC and find out what's going on. I think it will be a tremendous help to you - and for those of us still in limbo.

Sending you strength.

TBG1

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                        Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.....

If the worst happens and you are sent down ( I personally think this is unlikely but it's about preparing for the worst) as your partner isn't employed she will be able to apply for housing benefit to cover the rent (but do note that there will be a specific maximum amount laid down by the local council so do investigate this to make sure that there isn't a massive shortfall between this and the rent that you are paying)
                        I cannot believe this is happening that i could actually be sent down as an innocent.....Yes that is the plan i guess, my poor partner and kids would have to go through it all.

When i got bailed they didn't include the rape charge on my sheet just the child abduction, When i asked why the rape charge wasn't their, the OIC just said "oh just so your Mrs or anyone doesn't see it"

Is their any hope here that the OIC probably already knows it is a false rape claim ? Or is this usual procedure ?

I was the last of the 3 to get interviewed ? so maybe the OIC had a better insight?

Could i call the OIC to tell them about her false age on facebook ?

You know what would be suprising, If the other 2 involved (whom i have no idea who they are), was to also post on this forum.

Comment

well for a start, the police talk b******!!!

I am just composing my 2nd letter of complaint to them, partly in answer to the rubbish they told me after the first one. I was under the impression if it didn't appear, it's not a charge. This happened to my OH- he was charged and then it disappeared as it had been dropped. I could be wrong though.....

Screenshot the page on facebook- I'd be wary of telling the police anything that goes in your favour, save it for your defence team
                          They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Originally posted by TBG1 View Post
                            I'm sorry sp123 but I have to say this.....For those of us that are still in limbo, waiting for the "dreaded call" or letter, your posts warning people about your completely unacceptable wait are not as helpful as you intend them to be....

...Judging by recent posts (where you confirm that you have never contacted the OIC and you are no longer even living at the address you were at when this all started) it seems very possible, at least to me, that your ordeal could well have been over months or even over a year ago.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the police would have found you if they had charged you, so in that respect it's safe to assume that you haven't (yet) been charged. However, similarly, I have no doubt that if you have been NFA'd then they would make no further effort to make sure you knew other than (perhaps) sending you a letter (which has likely gone to the wrong address).

From my standpoint, in your situation, this will only ever be over for you if you contact the OIC to find out what's going on. Other better-informed members will correct me, but doing this will not "wake a sleeping dog" as you have put in a previous post.....Whilst the police will certainly not spend 24hrs a day on an investigation, I highly doubt they "forget" to continue it.

Please know that I am not trying to upset you....quite the opposite - I want this to be over for you & I want you to have a "banana" thread.....Can you imagine how it will feel if you're told "Oh, that was NFA 18 months ago! Didn't you get the letter?"

Yes, there is a possibility that it's still ongoing - but knowing that will surely answer some of the questions you've been wrestling with for a couple of years?

I'm very hopeful that this is over & you just don't know it. Please see if you can summon the strength & confidence (which will be terribly difficult) to phone the OIC and find out what's going on. I think it will be a tremendous help to you - and for those of us still in limbo.

Sending you strength.

TBG1
                            If my posts appear to be unhelpful then i apologise ,i called the police station today(finally manned up so to speak) i got put through to some central hub type place ,the oic is no longer at that station ,They asked for a case number which i never got ,basically they more or less said i would have been charged by now if there was anything to it .I asked for it in writing ,they said no ,also i won't appear on any dbs checks unless i was arrested ,till i see it in writing im not in banana zone

Comment

If my posts appear to be unhelpful then i apologise ,i called the police station today(finally manned up so to speak) i got put through to some central hub type place ,the oic is no longer at that station ,They asked for a case number which i never got ,basically they more or less said i would have been charged by now if there was anything to it .I asked for it in writing ,they said no ,also i won't appear on any dbs checks unless i was arrested ,till i see it in writing im not in banana zone
                              I'm really sorry if my post was upsetting - it most certainly wasn't meant to be....I just really want this to be over for you - hopefully after your phone call (which must've took an enormous anount of courage) you feel that it was worth it - "the end" appears closer from what you were told.

If you can track down the Legal Rep that came to the station with you, they should have the case number. Hopefully with that, you can finally rest.

Sending you strength..

TBG1

Comment

Haven't posted for a while... Nothings changed. Other than missing out on my new born baby boys life. Fed up, tired, living in a dump, cant concentrate at work. I have gave my notice in to leave.

I will be relocating back to my home town where i have family and friends support. Its a shame it had to end this way, I graduated and worked so hard to get this Job, It was an amazing job a specialist job where i used my talent and profession to excel and create beautiful 3D work, the pay was very good.

So yeah, that's another thing that can be ticked off the list of everything i have lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X