Brother falsely accused of historic child abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cazzle18 View Post
    My brother wants one of the bits editing from the forum (just in case the alleged 'victim' is reading forums on falsely accused) - I don't know how to do it???
    You can only edit your posts for the first 20 minutes but I would be happy to do this for you; so not to draw any further attention to the sensitive info you could send me a pm with the bit you want edited out (and a link to the thread)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      You can only edit your posts for the first 20 minutes but I would be happy to do this for you; so not to draw any further attention to the sensitive info you could send me a pm with the bit you want edited out (and a link to the thread)
      Could you please edit the first part of the 'update' i posted 3 days ago, saying what the accuser has been doing recently - thanks x

Comment

Could you please edit the first part of the 'update' i posted 3 days ago, saying what the accuser has been doing recently - thanks x
        Now done for you......
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          Now done for you......
          Thankyou so much xxx

Comment

another update

My brother's gf rang the police woman in charge of my brother's case to ask about us giving character witness testimonies. She says she has all the evidence she needs and it's being handed over to the CPS this week. What I don't understand is why the police haven't interviewed our mum or myself ???? Surely the police should be asking us if anything untoward did happen (which of course, it didn't).

So, we're all extremely worried. The police officer said 'character testimonies won't help his case' ! What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are they pushing for him to be charged? I'm furious ! If this false allegation ends up with my brother being charged and going to court he's hopefully going to get Chris Saltrese. Has anyone had Chris Saltrese represent them?

Comment

Character testimony cannot help a police investigation. The place for that is at trial, if there is a charge.

Several people on here instructed Chris Saltrese and got their NG verdicts. If you use the search box on these forums you'll see those people's posts (hopefully).

if you'd like to me give you a call let me know and I'll add you to my contacts, so you can PM me.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

My brother's gf rang the police woman in charge of my brother's case to ask about us giving character witness testimonies. She says she has all the evidence she needs and it's being handed over to the CPS this week. What I don't understand is why the police haven't interviewed our mum or myself ???? Surely the police should be asking us if anything untoward did happen (which of course, it didn't).

So, we're all extremely worried. The police officer said 'character testimonies won't help his case' ! What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are they pushing for him to be charged? I'm furious ! If this false allegation ends up with my brother being charged and going to court he's hopefully going to get Chris Saltrese. Has anyone had Chris Saltrese represent them?
                Hi Cassie
                My sons case is different , albeit an old case from nearly 10 years ago .... And his trial is a couple of months off - however we are collecting character references. Obviously people write what they want, but our solicitor advised us to get as many as possible and then the barrister will select the most relevant. Key things are people who knew your brother for some time and especially if they knew him during the period of the false allegations etc.

Hopefully with the background of your brothers accuser, this will be nfa, but if not - the character refs will definitely help him & even if you get a few now might help lift his spirits to know how well he is thought of. Best of luck
                Innocent son
                Innocentson

Comment

CPS want more evidence

The CPS were handed the case yesterday. They want a bit more evidence from my brother's ex partner (she is the one with the videos proving the accuser is a liar over dates etc and that she is lying about being 'traumatised'). From what we can gather, we have been told that the case is 'unlikely' to go to court due to accuser being a fantasist. Her ex husband has come forward too and says she accused him of 'interfering' with her and she also told him of yet another person who apparently 'abused' her as a child (she didn't complain to the police about THIS so called abuse).

My brother is again, really anxious about the CPS wanting more evidence. Are they just wanting to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's at this stage to ensure that this accuser cannot appeal if there is no case to answer?

We seem to believe the police asked the accuser if she was happy with her statement on Wednesday evening (even though they had video evidence in their possession to prove she was lying). She must have been happy with her statement as it went straight to the CPS yesterday morning. I spoke to the police woman in charge on Wednesday tea-time and she seems to be supporting my brother and not the 'accuser'. She is lovely. I know they are supposed to be impartial but, my brother has had so many people ringing the police woman and offering character testimonies, she was unable to take every single one before the case was handed over to the CPS. I am also still friends with girls I grew up with and knew my brother really well at the time the 'alleged' offences took place. They have all offered to come forward too and offer any help they can. It's been overwhelming.

Comment

Rebailed and now charged !!!

My brother was rebailed until the 22nd December and now, this morning he's been charged. This was after the police gave indications that they were confident it would go no further !!! We are dumbfounded. The police have the video evidence that prove this accuser is a liar, the social services were more than happy with my brother's living situation and allowed him to go back home..... My brother has family backing him up 100% as this woman is nothing but a liar/fantasist. She told people she was abused by several family members (all of which are totally unfounded). What do we do now? There's no way we can afford Chris Saltrese's fees !!!

Comment

My brother was rebailed until the 22nd December and now, this morning he's been charged. This was after the police gave indications that they were confident it would go no further !!! We are dumbfounded. The police have the video evidence that prove this accuser is a liar, the social services were more than happy with my brother's living situation and allowed him to go back home..... My brother has family backing him up 100% as this woman is nothing but a liar/fantasist. She told people she was abused by several family members (all of which are totally unfounded). What do we do now? There's no way we can afford Chris Saltrese's fees !!!
                      I'm so sorry to hear this!
                      But it's not the end, just the beginning.
                      Have a look at the solicitors section on the forum for recommended ones in your area.
                      Take the good advice from those who have been there, and use a solicitor with experience in false allegations.

Until your brother gets some paperwork you won't know exactly what you're dealing with,
                      But in the meantime get as much information about the rough timeline that u have.

I can't recommend anyone as we're still waiting to see if there's a charge.

Hang in there, keep posting

YoH

Comment

Really sorry to read about your story.....makes me angry....

Sadly I think my case is going in a similar path with latest update...I was confident of being NFAD but now that a Detective inspector is having a full review makes me really worry....

Sorry for brief words.....I'm a little p****d off with my own case today

Stay strong

Never give up

A12
                        Turn the pain into power. ::

Comment

You can pay in instalments. However, if he is entitled to legal aid, which area would the trial take place?

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                            You can pay in instalments. However, if he is entitled to legal aid, which area would the trial take place?
                            We're in South Yorkshire so maybe Sheffield ??? I've done a quick search and found Mark Newby Solicitor who seems to be brilliant with false historic accusation cases. My Brother works full time so don't think he's entitled to legal aid. I cannot believe this is happening - there's so much evidence to prove she's lying it's unbelievable !

Comment

Mark Newby seems to be getting some success at the moment. Make sure you ask for him personally though

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                                Mark Newby seems to be getting some success at the moment. Make sure you ask for him personally though
                                Thankyou so much for the advice. What I don't understand is that the CPS are ignoring the video evidence that we have of this woman. She said she was scared of my brother and hadn't spoken to him since the 1980's, yet, we have evidence of her on video at family parties well into the 1990's and she took her children with her !! This proves what a liar she is ....she's not at all scared on the video and is not wary in anyway. How can the CPS blatantly ignore this evidence? I'm at a loss for words to be totally honest !

Comment

Working...
                                X