No announcement yet.

Brother falsely accused of historic child abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPS are not interested in what helps the defence. Neither are the police. You'll see this in lots of other people's threads on here.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I guess the CPS may not consider the video as being strong evidence of how scared or otherwise she is. So although it may work in your favour, it may not be seen as a strong enough reason to drop the case. This must be a really tough time. Keep strong

Comment

I'm no expert but you may be best off not giving evidence to the police but saving it for court, we have evidence and witnesses that can contest FA's relationship with DP wasn't what she was making out it was. As well as a pretty huge hole in FAs story but we aren't letting the police know as it will give her a chance to change her story to fit. So IF it goes it court we'll be letting sol know.
        Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Originally posted by joe_3178 View Post
          I guess the CPS may not consider the video as being strong evidence of how scared or otherwise she is. So although it may work in your favour, it may not be seen as a strong enough reason to drop the case. This must be a really tough time. Keep strong
          It was evidence of her saying she had not seen him or been near him since the 1980's and yet we have her on video in HIS house 10 years later than she said, enjoying herself and she had her little girl in tow. Surely if he'd been a child molester, she wouldn't have taken her daughter to his house at all.

I thought everyone was treated as innocent until proven guilty.... and I thought everyone was entitled to a fair trial. The justice system needs a huge shake up. I read on the CPS website that in 2011, 159 cases of historic abuse were taken to court and it was proved that 121 of those were false allegations! Many accusers were prosecuted as a result.

Comment

Sorry to see your latest update.

I feel your frustration and anguish. It doesn't appear to make any sense. System is utterly useless, lives are being destroyed on very flimsy basis.

I've not got vast knowledge- Ex facing historic CSA allegations.Bailed until new year. Having read numerous threads on here I'd say help him work on a timeline, you may remember things he doesn't or a memory of yours may trigger something in him.

Find an experienced solicitor and let them guide you.

I'm sure people with more knowledge than me will be along soon to offer advice. In the meantime I wish you and all the family great strength.

WN x

Comment

Originally posted by wakingnightmare View Post
              Sorry to see your latest update.

I feel your frustration and anguish. It doesn't appear to make any sense. System is utterly useless, lives are being destroyed on very flimsy basis.

I've not got vast knowledge- Ex facing historic CSA allegations.Bailed until new year. Having read numerous threads on here I'd say help him work on a timeline, you may remember things he doesn't or a memory of yours may trigger something in him.

Find an experienced solicitor and let them guide you.

I'm sure people with more knowledge than me will be along soon to offer advice. In the meantime I wish you and all the family great strength.

WN x
              Thankyou so much for your support..... These last few months have been a living hell (especially for my brother of course). The British Legal System makes no sense at all ! I'm sorry you're going through the same....no one should be going through this xxx

Comment

Feel a little more positive this morning. Brother's partner has telephoned Mark Newby and spoken to him for ages. He's making arrangements to meet with my brother next week (he's also gone a bit nuts about the video evidence not being allowed ..... ).

Sending you all positive vibes this morning ....it truly is a rollercoaster of emotions all this ! x

Comment

It's not that the video evidence "wasn't allowed" as you have not gone through a trial. It's the fact they wouldn't take any notice of it, even if they watched it, which I doubt.

It's what most lawyers would say "it's for the jury to decide".

The complainant could now be told about the video and they could make up some reason now as to why -

"I had forgotten about that incident in the video. I didn't want anyone to know as it was embarrassing which is why I went. If I hadn't taken my child people would have asked questions and my child were there because lots of other people were around and I made sure she wasn't left alone with him".
                  It's a jury point, not evidence for the CPS to consider as to whether to charge or not.
                  Last edited by Rights Fighter; 24 November 2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazzle18 View Post
                    .................... I read on the CPS website that in 2011, 159 cases of historic abuse were taken to court and it was proved that 121 of those were false allegations! Many accusers were prosecuted as a result.

Could you post the link to that article up please? That would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                      Could you post the link to that article up please? That would be very helpful.
                      It's a PDF article : https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/...march_2013.pdf

Comment

They used the word "allegedly" - and the figure of 159 relates to charging decisions, not actual cases of allegations of abuse that went to trial.......

This report analyses the 159 charging decisions made over a seventeen month period between January 2011 and May 2012. Of these 121 involved an allegedly false allegation of rape,

Allegedly false rape allegations. There were 121 suspects whose cases involved allegedly false rape complaints. Of these, 35 were prosecuted: 25 for perverting the course of justice and ten for wasting police time.

Also that same number [121] is here

Total suspects referred for charge 121

Also - relating to those "suspected" of wasting police time

The Suspect Of the 159 suspects, the vast majority (92%12), were female. Only thirteen of those suspected of making false allegations were men (eight involving rape and five involving domestic violence). Nearly half of the suspects were aged 21 or under 13, of whom eleven were aged under sixteen. The majority of young suspects had made an allegation of rape rather than one of domestic violence.

So they are not admitting that these are factually false allegations. I think they are saying that 121 were suspected of being false allegations. Also, I can't see where they have said that these were historic allegations.....and out of the 121 suspected false accusers, only 35 were prosecuted. You need to read it in context
                        Last edited by Rights Fighter; 3 December 2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                          Also that same number [121]
                          So they are not admitting that these are factually false allegations. I think they are saying that 121 were suspected of being false allegations. Also, I can't see where they have said that these were historic allegations.....and out of the 121 suspected false accusers, only 35 were prosecuted. You need to read it in context
                          only 35 prosecuted???? i know there 'allegedly false allegations' but that's given me very little hope, i was hoping that my accusers would be done for perverting the course of justice, (or at least investigated for it, not for revenge (believe it or not) but so people know that we are the REAL victims in this crime and to make people aware that they can't use these things as a weapon?!?! i don't think the problem is time investigating and all, its the punishment (or lack of) for those who make false allegations, arghhhh of on a rant again! (and breath........)
                          "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

I'm similar hello FA works with people with a criminal history if she accuses one of them, they'd have no chance of defending themselves, i literally loose sleep over that fact she could easily try to ruin another person's life like this. I don't want revenge but I definitely hope she gets found out to be a liar one day, I believe false accusers are extremely disturbed people.
                            Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Originally posted by Lilyput View Post
                              I'm similar hello FA works with people with a criminal history if she accuses one of them, they'd have no chance of defending themselves, i literally loose sleep over that fact she could easily try to ruin another person's life like this. I don't want revenge but I definitely hope she gets found out to be a liar one day, I believe false accusers are extremely disturbed people.

They are extremely disturbed. Our FA has a history of mental illness and it extends through her family.... a couple of which committed suicide. We think this has pushed her to falsely accuse several innocent family members. My brother is meeting with Mark Newby early next week so I'll come back and give you all an update (I also help online with disability rights....so I'm trying to juggle so many balls and have a family life too) x

Comment

Update

Brother has been formerly charged and hearing in Magistrate's set for the new year. Crown court in May-June.

We are devastated. My brother is not a monster... he's a person I've looked up to all my life. He's worked hard for what he's got - he hasn't got a bad bone in his body. What can we expect next?

Comment

Working...
                                X