Police complaints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police complaints?

Has anyone made a complaint against the police for lack of investigation into a case, especially one that was NFA'd or dismissed/ acquitted at trial? If so, what was the outcome?
    Last edited by Casehardened; 1 September 2015, 07:15 PM. Reason: correcting typo
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

I've been through a long process.

Ultimately returned a split 50/50 with the outcome simply being recommendations.

You will not receive an apology.

What you complain about will be treated completely differently from what you wish. It'll be played down, simplified, changed, distorted.

You will not receive answers.

The entire complaints system is as good as banging your head against a wall.

Sorry to deliver bad news. I found it useless.
    Wow... A signature option!

Comment

Hoping to : sooo much

I can't go this route yet as my sobs case is in progress ...... But once resolved (God willing in the right way when it reaches court) then I definitely want to do so.

In the interim I will continue to document the awful way in which they have treated our son and so our whole family.

Any tips on what to do / how to present it, when we reach that stage would be welcome going forward.

Thanks
      Innocentson

Comment

At the moment I don't intend to complain about my wrongly convicted OH's case, just my own that was dismissed at trial.
        I wasn't charged with sexual offences- I was charged with threatening behaviour towards 2 of the complainants. Again, it was all fabricated and I can actually prove that they made it up- the police have their own records (or should have) of complaints that were made and dismissed. I don't want to go in to too much detail here- it's too complicated anyway.

I understand that the cops don't fully investigate allegations of sexual offences, but this wasn't. They claimed I did stuff when I wasn't even in the village and they cannot shift the goalposts on this one- there is only a 10 day margin before I was banned from my house. There are definite dates where I had alibis for every single one. No one married up the statements, no one asked me any questions. I was arrested and charged without being interviewed.

I'm a middle aged professional woman, never been in trouble in my life!! Yet I was handcuffed and taken away in a prison van, 6 officers and 3 vehicles present for arrest. In a small village? I was merely being made a public spectacle.

I was dreadfully unwell, mentally, whilst locked up , having warned them I suffered severe claustrophobia (I can't use public loos without panicking). When I asked why I was not offered any medical attention (I'm a nurse, I know what effects this can have ) I was told it was up t me to have asked. Really?? I couldn't utter a coherent word I was so hysterical.

I was released and charged. Iwas told the duty solicitor had refused to attend as they only attend for crimes as serious as murder. When I asked why I hadn't been questioned and the answer was I was in too poor a state!! So if that was the case why was no medical attention sought??

I am also going to send a copy of the complaint to the local MP. Simultaneously I'll be taking screenshots from my adult accusers facebook page, claiming that I was still threatening him and his family in March of this year, and other £evidence" which shows him to be a complete liar.

I may not get anywhere, but I intend to try

Comment

You and LL1 are roughly in the same "area" so maybe you contact each other. Scots law is rather different to English.

The thing about trying to sue the police etc is that the stock answer is: "when a complaint is made we have to follow it up". So arresting somebody and interviewing them after they've been in a cell waiting for the duty sol or an interview room to become vacant, cannot be classed as "false imprisonment". I've known some people try that route, it doesn't work.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I wouldn't try to go down that road- I just think that the treatment was somewhat harsh.

My complaint would focus on the fact that they had absolutely nothing to go on. This wasn't a sexual crime- they specified that on such and such a date I did this that and the next thing. The police did NOT investigate and even the complainants statements did not add up. It was as thought they never even bothered to actually read them.

AT the end of the day, if someone had tried to run over your child to stop them talking, would you wait 5 days to make a complaint?

I think not!

I think officers from Strathclyde were just intent on making some vainglorious declaration for themselves, they too just jumping on the sexual abuse bandwagon

Comment

I have no doubt that they were attempting to build a strong case against your hubby, so scraping the barrell brought you into it, to support it.

The fact they got a conviction in hubby's case will "exonerate" them from their bad behaviour towards you. "We did what we had to do to secure his conviction".

They really do not care.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                I have no doubt that they were attempting to build a strong case against your hubby, so scraping the barrell brought you into it, to support it.

The fact they got a conviction in hubby's case will "exonerate" them from their bad behaviour towards you. "We did what we had to do to secure his conviction".

They really do not care.
                They will scrape the barrel to support it yes. Anything they can throw in there to make your hubby look bad they will. They would have tried to paint him in the darkest shade of black to the jury.

They really do not care. Honesty counts for nothing. Legal system does not protect the innocent.

Comment

The Officer in Charge of my case even told the witnesses that "their statements do not match".
                  This was mentioned in court with everyone present by both witnesses.

The court did nothing about it. Law? What law?

Comment

I just can't sit in angry silence any longer. Even if I gain nothing, at least I'll have made my voice heard somewhere

Comment

Working...
                    X