Falsely accused :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused :(

Wow.. I really didn't realise how many people are already going through this nightmare until I came across this site!!!

Ok, well here's my story and apologies if it's a wall'o'text... Got with my partner about a year ago and at the time, didn't realise quite how messed up her life was.
    Lets just say she has some mental health issues relating to her past!

Lets fast forward to a few months ago. At home after she had just been released from hospital (where they diagnosed nothing wrong with her!) and she starts ranting and raving at me.
    Next thing I know, she's dialled 999 and accusing me of "touching" her belongings!! Yep, you heard that correctly.. Operator on the other end actually said to her it sounds a lot like "tit for tat" (that's because I told her if she didn't leave me be, I would call them so she had to jump in and do it first!)

Anyhow, she then turned round and said I'd strangled her!!! Yep - I knew them minute she said that I would be arrested.

Jump forward to the police station and I was charged with suspicion of assault and in a cell waiting to be interviewed. About 2 hours later, got called out & the officer apologised and said that they were now charging me with suspicion of theft and also GBH (she lied and told them I stole money & also that I'd been strangling her for the past 3 months!!!)

Luckily for me, I had all text messages from way back to prove this isn't the first time she has done this and also had been recording all calls on the ol' mobile as when she has done this in the past, has always denied saying it & putting it down to "Mental Health" issues.

Solicitor I had with me was pretty confident it would all be NFA'd as the evidence to corroborate my version of events was pretty water tight. Was put on bail for 5 weeks and all the usual no contact, not allowed home, ect, ect!!

Now on the day I was due to return to the police, I got woken up in the morning by the mother to say the police had turned up! Got up and when I asked them what's up? (I thought it was to do with bail and it was all being dropped) they hit me with the bombshell that she had now accused me of rape!!
    Gobsmacked is an understatement! Even more so when apparently I had been since the start of the relationship!!!!
    So again, arrested on suspicion, in a cell and waiting for an interview.

Everything in the interview they read from her statement was a complete lie - NO specific dates, events that had never happened (yep, you get the jist).

Now here's the daft part - she only made the allegation 2 days before I was due to return on bail conditions...

My solicitor wants her charged with perverting the course of justice (he actually told the police this) and yet again, I could back up my version of events with calls and texts from my phone. Also, because of issues in her past, adult services, cpn, IDVA, crisis team I have called as my witnesses to prove what she is saying is a complete pack of lies (she's admitted to all of them that she lies)..

Now though, I'm again stuck on bail for another 12 weeks, life is on hold because of this nasty piece of work and lies she is saying..

One thing I was a bit surprised about though - when I was originally arrested and interviewed, it was a DC in charge - with this new false allegation of rape it is a PC in charge!

Well that's the short jist of things - I have omitted quite a lot of things she's accused me of in that past or it would end up being a mini novel.

Good grief! That's a sorry tale but nothing I've not heard before.

Until or if you are NFA'd the police cannot do anything about charging her for PCJ. They will rarely do that in these cases, although a very few police forces have been brave enough to do that. They have to "prove" she has committed the offence, unlike those who are accused of sexual offences, where the word of the complainant, and if s/he will make a credible witness, is enough.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Well as she lied about the theft (proof on my phone with messages and a few calls + she also signed a bit of paper authorising myself to use the money), she also lied on my one visit to the property to the police (said I had to hand back my keys as part of bail conditions so the officer had to contact her Sarge to verify).
      She also lied about my belonging not being there (police are sorting this one out for me & have informed me that they will arrest her & also get a warrant to search the property if she continually denies this - though it's been 5+ weeks now so she could have done anything with it!)

Pretty much, everything she has said can be proved to be lies either through evidence from my phone or those in authority whom she has spoken with in the past.

Even my solicitor has said that (which is always a ray of hope) and stated that if it does to go court, she wouldn't last long in the stand!!

Comment

I'm sure her history of proven lying will work against her in the end. However, please do not be complacent. The 'believe the victim' is high on the CPS agenda.

Sorry to read of your predicament. I hope this is swiftly resolved for you.

Comment

I too, hope this is swiftly resolved though reading through other posts, this seems far from likely

Another twist in the tale though - I have now been served a Non-Molestation order and also an Occupation order!!!

Already emailed the court voicing my concerns about attending and believe it in my best interests to keep any contact with her to none. Currently waiting on a Solicitor to contact me about this matter!!

So now I'm currently on bail with conditions which are exactly the same as the Non-Molestation order.... Confused or what!!

Comment

Working...
          X