Where do I start with an Appeal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start with an Appeal?

My son has just been sentenced to 13 years for rape and the woman is now posting on FaceBook that another guy is messaging her 15 year old daughter and I am planning on placing an appeal.
    Does anyone know if this fresh claim can be used to show her as she really is, please?
    I have custerdy of my 9yr old grandson as his mum is serving 4 months on a fraud case and my old dog was put to sleep Monday with liver Cancer.
    i am not coping very well as everything is dragging the life out of me and I feel my partner just does not want to hear about it as it is not his problem. he seems to think I should carry on with life as normal!

So sorry to read about the troubles all coming at once.

That stuff on Facebook is not evidence and would not be admissible at appeal. The Courts are only interested in fresh evidence if it goes to the heart of the allegation.

A guy messaging the complainant or her mother on Facebook does not constitute evidence that the alleged offence didn't happen, unless they plan to turn that into a false allegation.

If you are watching their FB look out for references to coming into a lot of money with exclamations of joy. Or posts to people who gave evidence along the lines of "when the money comes in I'll take you on holiday for helping us".
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

The woman had put the guy's name on face book and the police called on him but no charges were brought against him
      He is willing to give me a statment of what happened and speak to my son's brief if need be
      She lied about my son hitting her child and then admitted he had not done it, she also tried to kill herself when he left and refused to go back and after that she then cried rape!
      There are emails on his mobile, which the police have and will not release to me stating from her that if he does not stop talking about her she will tell the police he raped her!
      I am awaiting the new brief receiving my son's consent to take the case and we are looking at the brief getting and "interigating" the phone to retrieve those emails
      His brief during the case did not bother getting them off so the evidence could not be used

Comment

Working...
      X