Struggling to cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to cope

Hi all, i've been reading this forum for a few weeks now.

Around 3 weeks ago i was arrested on suspicion of creating an indecent image of a child - this child being my fiancees daughter (13) - she walked out of the en-suite (with only a towel round her head) and in to shot as i was playing around with my phone - i stopped recording, chucked my phone down and left it at that - about 20 minutes later she asked me why she was on this video on my phone - i explained that it was an accident, showed her the other 3 videos that i'd recorded as i was playing around with the phone and then deleted them all - that was that, or so i thought.

A few hours later we were knocked out of bed by the police and i was arrested. I was in the cells for around 15 hours and the solicitor arrived and told me i was being re-arrested on suspicion of indecent assault - i was absolutely devastated - this child that i'd tried to bring up for the last however many years is now accusing me of this - this came about 4/5 weeks after she accused her mother of hitting her and we ended up with social services at the door. The lies she's told the police are unbelievable.

As it stands, i'm on bail, the police have seized my phone and my computers as part of their investigation. I am not allowed any contact with the child or her mother, i've had to cancel our wedding.

In a perfect world this child always wanted it to be just her and her mother and was never happy if me and her mother were doing anything together, she always had to be there - i expected a bit of a kick off as it got closer to our wedding but i wasn't expecting this.

I'm slowly coming to terms with the situation and for all i've tried to carry on and keep my life as normal as possible, i've now been signed off work with stress as i'm not sleeping properly, not eating properly, etc.

A couple of days ago, i had my fiancee's daughter trying to ring me - i almost died and rang the police straight away - i'm hoping that she's starting to crack and feel guilty - will the police question her about why she's tried to contact me? I can't help but be made to feel like i'm the scum of the earth whenever i speak to the police.
Working...
X