Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please respond. So depressed. Any advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Originally posted by bluearmy4389 View Post
    And like i said we were sitting on a bench talking with each other for about 10 minutes before going our seperate ways. Would this be the normal behaviour for someone who has just allegedly been raped. Sorry for my poor spelling
    A similar thing happened in my case, I took my fa out for the day, the entire day, after the alleged incident and she was more than happy to come along. The first thing my solicitor said was that it wasn't the behaviour of someone who had been raped. Do you have any other way of proving you were with her for time after the alleged incident?

Comment

But surely if they donttive have enough evidence to arrestbor bail then it cannot go to court? Or am i wrong
      One reason for an arrest is to collect and preserve evidence (DNA samples, fingerprints, or computer forensics for example) but if you said in your voluntary interview that sexual intercourse had occurred this would not have been considered necessary.

However someone can be summonsed to court without being arrested but this is usually done for non-serious offences.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks for the fast responses. I will definatly do that. Are you a solicitor as i see your number at the bottom of your posts?

Also do a lot of these cases where people are not arrested go to court as i dont think i can deal with that? And does the girl have to agree to go to court to testify?

I am not a solicitor. I work for Chris.

It helps if the complainant is willing to give evidence! Because there are such large sums of money to be had in the form of "compensation" that tends to encourage the complainant to do that. The police will often use that as a lever to get them to proceed with it, if they want to retract or withdraw the allegations, as they and CPS are under pressure to meet Government-set rape conviction targets.
        Last edited by Rights Fighter; 9 August 2015, 01:32 PM.
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

No i dont really have any other evidence apart from the CCTV that i was with her sitting on a bench talking to her after the alleged incident... She asked me which way i was walking and she told me where she lives. I gave this information to the police aswel, there would be no other way of me knowing where she lives.. Im hoping that might help me..

Are you saying it is less likely to go to court as this is a serious allegation?

That would be some welcoming news...

There is cctv everywhere in that place ao i know they can see us talking for a good 10-15 minutes then going our seperate ways..

Comment

Jittery. Is your case over now then? Would be interestesting to know what the outcome was?

Comment

And i cant believe the girl would want to lie for that long... Her Facebook pics auggest shes having the time of her life partying, going on holiday etc... I think its worse for men who have been falsely accused because my life is on hold

What you mention above is the "evidence" I was talking about. Which is why I said:

"Screenshot and save those photos. if she "creates a false impression" that she's been a hermit, never goes anywhere, can't be physically close to a man etc etc, then you can use that to "correct a false impression".

It's unlikely you could use the photos as evidence per se, but it's when a complainant creates a false impression, is when you can".

CCTV doesn't always help either side. Often all it shows is the complainant and the accused together.

If CCTV is timed after the alleged assault, one would not expect the complainant to be sat laughing and joking with the accused (for instance). However, if the laughing and joking clip (for instance) is before the alleged assault, then it doesn't show anything that would help the defence.

Obviously she could be having a laugh and a joke, and an assault happens after that.

In your case you say that CCTV would (or should) show you talking before you went your separate ways - so after the alleged assault. To make use of that would depend on what she says "happened" after the alleged assault.

Comment

As always thanks for the responses.. Yes the CCTV would show us talking after the alleged incident then going seperate ways.. So your saying it could depend on what she said... All i know is that she said i pushed her to the floor and held her down... Awful lie

Comment

hi

Jittery. Is your case over now then? Would be interestesting to know what the outcome was?
                  Yes, my case was over very quickly- no further action. But be careful, you're falling into the trap we all have- and I include myself- of clutching at whatever straws are available for hope of a positive outcome.
                  There were text messages recovered from my phone inviting me to sleep with my fa and then thanking me for it and saying she couldn't wait to see me again.

Comment

Oh ok. Yes thats the problem with my case i guess. I had never met the girl prior to that night.

Im just hoping they realise she is lying This is horrible

Comment

As always thanks for the responses.. Yes the CCTV would show us talking after the alleged incident then going seperate ways.. So your saying it could depend on what she said... All i know is that she said i pushed her to the floor and held her down... Awful lie

Of course I have no idea what she has told the police. She may have said that she felt she had to hang around with you as she was "scared" until the bus / taxi whatever arrived. Or she might have said that she ran away immediately after the alleged assault, but could claim the CCTV was "before".

It's so easy to surmise what she told the police - but we don't know exactly. All you can do is to keep on keeping on and wait to see what the next stage brings.

Hold on in there.
                      Last edited by Rights Fighter; 9 August 2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

hi

Oh ok. Yes thats the problem with my case i guess. I had never met the girl prior to that night.

Im just hoping they realise she is lying This is horrible
                        Understood. I was ok for about 6 weeks then I started to worry that maybe they couldn't recover the messages, so worried a bit for 3 weeks, probably panicked 3 or 4 times, then it was all over.
                        Well let's hope they do spot the flaws, although at this stage they will probably be looking to see whether there is enough evidence to make a case or not.
                        Stay strong!

Comment

I really appreciate the comments guys. Im trying to stay strong its just hard Its been 4 weeks since voluntary interview and nearly 2 months since accused.... Would they call me if it was an NFA or would it just be a letter through the post?

Comment

hi

I really appreciate the comments guys. Im trying to stay strong its just hard Its been 4 weeks since voluntary interview and nearly 2 months since accused.... Would they call me if it was an NFA or would it just be a letter through the post?
                            Either or. They tried to call me a couple of times, although it just came up as a witheld number while I was at work as a sales call would so I didn't chase the call up.
                            Then a letter came through the post telling me that I didn't have to go to attend the re- bail date. When I rang up they said it meant that no further action was being taken.

Comment

Oh ok. I dont have a bail date or anything like that. Its so confusing..

Comment

I guess so. I done what you said about screenshotting her recent weekend drinking sessions and holidays that happened after this alleged assault so she cant claim she was a hermit and scared.

Im not a girl but if i was and i was raped i dont think i would feel like going out partying but hey ho.

Comment

Working...
                                X