No announcement yet.

New Member Looking For Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well upto the point of my court case been thrown out by the judge, I had a different solicitor to begin with, who saw me through been charged by the police and a court appearance, that cost around 500, then the rest of my costsCOwith where with Chris, which included various times at court with my solicitor and barrister, various phone calls, legal applications etc right upto where the judge decided it will not goto trial was around seven and a half thousand plus the original 500, so 8k and may expenses, fuel, food.

But if it did go all the way full trial etc, I was told the cost would be around 30k.

Comment

Costs

Originally posted by soulbug View Post
      Well upto the point of my court case been thrown out by the judge, I had a different solicitor to begin with, who saw me through been charged by the police and a court appearance, that cost around 500, then the rest of my costsCOwith where with Chris, which included various times at court with my solicitor and barrister, various phone calls, legal applications etc right upto where the judge decided it will not goto trial was around seven and a half thousand plus the original 500, so 8k and may expenses, fuel, food.

But if it did go all the way full trial etc, I was told the cost would be around 30k.
      Thanks for sharing that.

I've been so looking forward to the day my mortgage is finally paid off......it's shocking that all those years of toil can be completely reversed by someone who, for goodness knows what reason, has decided to 'chance their hand' by pointing an accusing finger at you.

I live in the Central region - I note that Chris Saltrese will take up cases nationwide - does anyone know how that works? (i.e. do you go to them, do they come to you or have they got satellite offices)

Comment

Originally posted by TBG1 View Post
        Thanks for sharing that.

I've been so looking forward to the day my mortgage is finally paid off......it's shocking that all those years of toil can be completely reversed by someone who, for goodness knows what reason, has decided to 'chance their hand' by pointing an accusing finger at you.

I live in the Central region - I note that Chris Saltrese will take up cases nationwide - does anyone know how that works? (i.e. do you go to them, do they come to you or have they got satellite offices)
        Well it depends on the situation , My court case was around 150 miles away from Chris.....

So I would guess it would work like this....

For example , 2nd interview at the police station , Chris will travel to you and represent you , lets say you are charged on that date , things will move onto court , I had around 5 Magistrates court visits , often they are just to push it upwards towards the Crown court , or to give you papers etc , so out of those 5 , I would say Chris would attend 2 of those , but perhaps 3 of them , they may just use a local to your area legal rep/solicitor , this will keep cost down those particular court appearances will just be to push it again towards the Crown court....it is all just procedure very frustrating , as nothing can really be done , heel dragging stuff.

On my last visit to Magistrates court , that is where I was given copies of the evidence against me , Evidence was just in the form of copies of statements from the accuser , plus all the charges laid out , legal papers , you can then start to read through the accusers statement , read it many many times , you will after a while start to pull out inconsistencies , my accusers statement was around 30 - 40 pages long , I made very detailed notes and picked up lots of inconsistencies , I detailed page , paragraph and made full references.

I was also asked by chris to make a list of things I can remember from the time , for example the date might of been a regular time you and your family was on holiday , or you was out of the country on a visit somewhere with family , long stay with family members etc , your accuser might of even got the dates wrong from when they where actually staying at your house , DO NOT tell the police these things , it is for your defence , the police will simply go back to the accuser , jog her memory and she will be allowed to change her dates , storey etc....unbelievable but true !!

Once you reach Crown court , that is likely to be where Chris and I assume Tania Griffiths the barrister that Chris uses will attend, She is excellent , she explains everything very well , Chris and Tania helped me to stay calm , they know there stuff.

At the 1st Crown court visit , you are likely to enter a plea and a date will be set for trial ....these dates rarely stick , the CPS are useless at sticking to deadlines and will present countless broken promises of giving the defence evidence etc , dragging there heels , very annoying....but let me say , just expect it no point stressing over it ....

I think I had around 3 or 4 more crown court visits , to demand various things from the CPS , then on the 4th visit that is when it got down to the nitty gritty, "Will it" or "won't it" go to trial.....and thankfully it was squashed game over.

18 months or so in total.

You would be in very safe hands with Chris and his team , if you read up about Chris Saltrease online , you well read lots of positives , Chris defended his own father , he is very passionate about false allegations , he knows them only to well.

If and I hope the police / CPS do not press charges , at the other end of this whole experience , you will see the police , the courts in a totally different light , a combination of disbelief and astonishment .
        Last edited by soulbug; 31 July 2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I run the Chris Saltrese Facebook page so you can contact me there if you wish. I am on the south coast and assist clients via phone, email and sometimes visits if necessary.

BTW I am not Chris!
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi RF , that is high praise !

I hope you are keeping well , how did the case you mentioned go with regards to the appeal with "doli incapx" if it has indeed yet been back to court ?

I've emailed you as I don't want to hijack the thread.

Comment

RF

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
              I run the Chris Saltrese Facebook page so you can contact me there if you wish. I am on the south coast and assist clients via phone, email and sometimes visits if necessary.

BTW I am not Chris!
              Thank you RF. How do I make contact through FB, making sure that it isn't viewable by others? Do I go to the Chris Saltrese FB page and go to 'Send a message'?

Comment

Yes. Message me from there.......

Comment

Originally posted by TBG1 View Post
                  Thank you RF. How do I make contact through FB, making sure that it isn't viewable by others? Do I go to the Chris Saltrese FB page and go to 'Send a message'?
                  R.F offers excellent advice , if you have any further questions for me ,it might be best to post them on this thread or if you pm me , please let me know in this thread , as i tend not to log in , i just tend to read the posts and only log in if adding a reply .

please let me the forum know how things go , i am happy to help as i completely understand how you must be feeling , its not easy , but take peace of mind that this forum will try there best to help you through the turmoil and troubles you may be facing .

Comment

R.F offers excellent advice , if you have any further questions for me ,it might be best to post them on this thread or if you pm me , please let me know in this thread , as i tend not to log in , i just tend to read the posts and only log in if adding a reply .

please let me the forum know how things go , i am happy to help as i completely understand how you must be feeling , its not easy , but take peace of mind that this forum will try there best to help you through the turmoil and troubles you may be facing .
                    Thanks - I will definitely keep posting. I will certainly PM you for a copy of your ruling that you kindly offered, when the function is enabled in 10 days.

I will get in touch with you RF through FB in the next few days.

Comment

Hey TBG1,

As your case is not too dissimilar to mine, just wondering if you've heard back yet from the OIC or are you still waiting to hear?

Hope you're keeping strong!

Comment

Originally posted by Absolute_Innocent View Post
                        Hey TBG1,

As your case is not too dissimilar to mine, just wondering if you've heard back yet from the OIC or are you still waiting to hear?

Hope you're keeping strong!
                        Hey AI. Thanks for posting. To answer your question, I have heard nothing. My Legal Rep spoke to the OIC 6 weeks ago and they were "still waiting for Social Services reports" and at this point I can only assume that is still the case.

Please tell me where your situation is "at". Your previous posts don't suggest that you've yet been interviewed...has this happened now?

Comment

Hi TBG,

I have. Originally was asked to see them on the 6th April, a few days after they called to tell me of the allegation. But finally went to see them on the 1st July.

The police officer read out the statement that was given and I just gave my version of events. The officer tried to say, well maybe something else could have happened to which my solicitor interjected each time. It all seemed very civilised and nothing like what you see on TV. I had a similar answer of this will take 6-10 weeks while they get doctor records and social services reports... I think this is standard.

I'm still reading up about things and it's always on my mind; but I try to keep as busy as possible. The "victim" was arrested 2 weeks ago for affrey and ABH. He's just trouble and I seem to be his answer to some cash.

Glad you're keeping well and in good spirits (hopefully!)

Comment

Hi TBG,

I have. Originally was asked to see them on the 6th April, a few days after they called to tell me of the allegation. But finally went to see them on the 1st July.

The police officer read out the statement that was given and I just gave my version of events. The officer tried to say, well maybe something else could have happened to which my solicitor interjected each time. It all seemed very civilised and nothing like what you see on TV. I had a similar answer of this will take 6-10 weeks while they get doctor records and social services reports... I think this is standard.

I'm still reading up about things and it's always on my mind; but I try to keep as busy as possible. The "victim" was arrested 2 weeks ago for affrey and ABH. He's just trouble and I seem to be his answer to some cash.

Glad you're keeping well and in good spirits (hopefully!)

AI - Having read your account, I'm "glad" you've been able to put your version of events to the authorities because until that point, all they have is what admittedly must sound like a terrible story. You've now been able to give some balance to that.

(In my eyes) you also have the benefit of knowing or at least being aware of this person's life since the time the incident is alleged to have taken place. This means that should it ever be necessary to defend yourself, there appears to be a raft of information that you can use to discredit the individual.....which may be vital if it has to come down to "who is more believable". So take heart from this - and start gathering any information that you can (FB posts etc.,) and write a timeline and any specific memories down as they come to you.

From what I can tell by viewing this and the PAFAA forum, cases like yours may very well turn on the "Why me and why now" question. You appear to be able to answer the second part of that very easily (drugs, money, etc.,) already. Sadly you may never get a truthful answer to the first part.

I, on the other hand, have not (knowingly) crossed paths with my accuser since I was in my early teens (30 years ago!) and therefore know nothing about her and have nothing "on her" so I will have my work cut out for me if this proceeds.

Whilst I would never advise you not to 'Google' things (how else would we have found our way to this site!), I would like to say that taking too much notice of the google results does dampen your spirits unnecessarily because if you think about it, outside of forums like this, people tend only to post "bad news".....Let me put it this way, if the police/cps decide 'No Further Action' or 'No Crime' in your case before you found this forum, you wouldn't think to tell anyone about it....you'd just get on with your life.

What I'm saying is that people post "good news" far less frequently than bad. So whilst it looks like nobody gets through this judging by 'Search Results', I like to tell myself that there are countless hundreds or thousands that have never posted online simply because the ordeal is over for them and it all ended well.

I hope that you get the "right result" from your OIC very soon. Keep me informed.

Sending you Best Wishes and Strength.

TBG1

Comment

TBG1 - Tried to send you a PM but I think we need to be "friends" first.

Hope everything is OK. Have you been lucky enough to get an update from the OIC?

Keep strong!

AI

Comment

TBG1 - Tried to send you a PM but I think we need to be "friends" first.

Hope everything is OK. Have you been lucky enough to get an update from the OIC?

Keep strong!

AI
                                Hi AI,

I'm afraid the most recent "update" I've had (Jan 16) was exactly the same as the updates in August 15 and October 15 ... 'Awaiting Social Services reports'.

Best Wishes,

TBG1

Comment

Working...
                                X