X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

Originally posted by Helpless15 View Post
    Hi
    Thank you, yes it is a comfort, I do hope we have a speedy outcome as well.

As a matter of interest how are you coping now... did you have any support as a victim? are you able to put everything behind you? I'm worried that the effect of this will have on my GS and his Brother never to be trusting of females, I know not all girls are like this and we have always warned them that they should always be respectful around girls, mindful of what they say and do and now to make sure they cannot be misinterpreted by deed or action. A hard lesson for boys of such a delicate age.

Good luck in all you do
    No problem
    No, I didn't have any support as such; and 3 months on it may as well never have happened.
    I am 51 years old though and very thick skinned. I may have had a reaction at work from a group of lads, but if that was the case, it was over as soon as it began. Again though I would stress that I am unusual in that I can still bench press nearly 300 pounds- there are easier targets.
    The only problem I had as far as I know is that, determined not to become a mysogonist I was sickly sweet with women for a while, but that seems to have passed now.
    It is hard for boys and young men I agree, I'm old enough to be relatively unaffected because I have never come across this before and know how rare it is.
    I don't have any ready made answers but it is so important to keep a sense of perspective as best you can. You sound sensible and level headed so I am sure you will be able to provide invaluable support in that respect

Comment

Hi - so sorry to read about your situation. As a mother myself, I can only begin to imagine what you are all going thru'.

My partner was falsely accused - this was unbearable. However, due to our responsibility and undying love to our children - it gave us the strength to get through this experience. It is amazing how we manage to 'keep calm and carry on' under immense stress and anxiety.

When we are thrown in to these sickening situations - it is alien to us and very shocking to realise what is going on in the justice system. But you are doing so well and seem to be very wise in your outlook.

We used Chris Saltrese - who was fantastic. He is very rational and calming.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Last edited by can it get worse; 26 July 2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X