Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finaly NFA but not happy

Hi, I am looking for advice/help.

In September 2014 my (then) 17 year old son, was asked at very short notice to baby sit for our best (sic) friends daughter, on a Thursday night for a few hours.
    her daughter was in bed asleep when he arrived and was still asleep when he left 2 hours later.

3 days later, on the saturday the friends daughter says her 3 year old had told her she had orally touched my son.

All hell broke that morning.

The police arrested my son ( 2 police vans 1 patrol car, all lights and sirens. 7 police officers)

They arrested, finger printed, sexual dna test, (17 year old virgin) frightened him to death. Removed his cloths? Took his lap top, the whole 9 yards.

The police investigated him, then the rest of the my family, even back to my first and very short lived first marriage and son to that marriage.

This affected his college work as the brother of the accuser went to the same college and started spreading rumour's, although this was very quickly stamped on by police and college staff, but the damage had already been done. his social life stopped and he literally stayed in his bedroom.

My son maintained he was innocent,

now 9 months later,

his Computer check. Totally clean. not returned yet.
    dna check. clear. but keeping on file

9 months later, the police CID arrive, NFA but to be kept on file.

We have asked what evidence they have to keep the file but they have refused to say.

The little girls mother, ( our best friends daughter), has called rape on herself before then dropped the allegation, she is known for causing trouble, heavy drinking and drug taking.

What avenues are open to us to get this NFA changed.

the whole police investigation was a farce from the beginning. the female cid officer went on the sick 2 months after the investigation started. and is still on the sick. a new female cid officer was introduced to us but would not talk to us about anything, she then went sick, so an ex male cid officer (retired) working as an agency type was brought in. he seemed to be more approachable. avenues were investigated that had nothing to do with the initial investigation. and we lived each day with the thought that the accusation would become general knowledge and the wolves would start to surround our home. we have lived the nightmare.

sorry about the ramble, but we thought once he was removed from bail we would feel happier, but the NFA has left us with a very bad taste in our mouths and we feel this will be with our son for ever more.

any advice would be welcome. there must be something we can do to prove our sons total innocence once and for all.

Originally posted by haboo View Post

any advice would be welcome. there must be something we can do to prove our sons total innocence once and for all.
    Hi and welcome to the forum,

The irony is that the only way of proving his innocence to the world is for the matter to have gone to trial and for him to have been found Not Guilty; though a trial was obviously not an outcome you would have wanted!

It might help to explain why the case is kept on file; in the event a further accusation is made against your son, this one will be dusted off, looked at again, and may even be proceeded with.

Many members here have similar records of arrest and NFA letters hanging round their necks (and I agree that the wording is hardly comforting) and the only advice is to tread very carefully and not allow oneself to ever again get into a position where it is possible to have another false accusation made (not easy for a young lad!)

To answer your query, in theory it is possible to get a case 'no-crimed', but it practice this is difficult as it has to be proved that it was impossible for the allegation to have occurred (or the complainant admits to lying)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

If your son had a good duty solicitor maybe you could ask him to approach the police / CPS to ask why they are keeping it on file.

Possibly it's merely in case there is another allegation leveled against him, and they could bring that in to "support" it.

Unfortunately there are Government set rape conviction targets, so the police and CPS will do what they can to meet them, regardless of guilt or innocence, truth or lies.

It is important that your son is always very careful whose company he keeps in the future, and how he behaves so that nothing can be misconstrued.

Welcome to the murky world of false allegations.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you for the replies.

Using my business contacts and some very good friends, it looks like I will be getting a meeting with the chief commissioner, who is willing to listen to my complaint.

We now know that the only evidence against my son to have an NFA is, the accusation that the girl told her mother.

And we now know that during her interviews with social services she changed her story and accused others of the same type of thing and different types of abuse.

It appears that the friend’s daughter has a history of lying to get what she wants and this is registered at the nursery she attends, that there have been many accusations that she has blamed other children and teachers if she doesn’t get her own way. In fact, I have been told that she also told the nursery that her step dad had touched her and hurt her, but that the mother had convinced the nursery that “she lies all the time”. This was stated in a witness statement right at the beginning of this sad affaire, but the police (CID) said “we are not going there” and as far as I am aware the nursery staff have not been asked about the complaints.

Lets hope we get a better outcome after seeing the chief commissioner.

Comment

Good grief! She's a time bomb waiting to go off! One day her lies will convict somebody, she will be rewarded financially for her lies and she'll keep going......

Instead of having your son's case [as opposed to name] on file, it might be a better idea to ask the Chief Constable to keep the accuser and her known false allegations on file, and your son's name on the file, but only as a victim in the case.

Some years down the line, as I said, she will do this again and it will get to trial. Defence might need your son to give evidence......
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
          X