Greater Manchester Police - Non-prosecution of false rape claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greater Manchester Police - Non-prosecution of false rape claims

I'm currently on bail for a highly spurious rape accusation made against me. This is difficult enough as it is to deal with, however, having the police admit to me in person, and also publicly, that they won't, under any circumstances, pursue a PCJ charge against a false claimant means that no matter what, I will never, ever get justice.

My question is thus; does their tacit admission of this policy constitute a violation of my human rights as a victim of crime? I've contacted Liberty, the human rights group, to ask this very question but wondered if it had already been raised here somewhere and if anyone can shed any light on this? As far as I am aware, GMP are the only force which openly operate this policy, which means I am being discriminated against purely for my post code. I know PCJ charges are rare anyway, but to NEVER pursue, no matter how much evidence there is, seems morally repugnant to me.

http://www.inside-man.co.uk/2015/05/...e-allegations/

I'd like to know where I stand in this regard, as if I can prove it violates my rights as an EU citizen, I could take the matter to Westminster, and if needs be, to the European Court of Human Rights.

Yes I've considered those options as well and it is something I would happily pursue.
    The statements made against both me and my partner were wholly contradictory and we also have some proof of the lies that were told.
    We also know the "victims" lied in court but proving that would be difficult.
    I feel as though many issues were withheld in order to secure a conviction.
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

I sympathize, I really do, my OIC also told me that no action would be taken against my accuser (in fact due to personal circumstances I wouldn't have wanted this anyway) but I'm going to trot out stock reply 1a: write to your MP and enquire why your local force are the only ones to implement this policy.

Of course it won't change anything but cages will be rattled and if he/she is sympathetic they may suggest how you can escalate the issue. Obviously nothing can be done until you get the NFA as the matter will be sub-judice.
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I'm not trying to be facetious when I say this; what would stop a group of people walking into 5 or 10 different Greater Manchester Police stations and each accusing a Greater Manchester MP of rape? Pick random, historical dates, safe in the knowledge that the most you would get is a £90 fine for wasting police time. It would certainly rattle some cages and make the point I want to; that having a carte blanche policy allows women to accuse without any slight fear of impunity. The woman who has falsely accused me isn't stupid, far from it, and I suspect she will have known of their no-PCJ policy from the outset.

Comment

Originally posted by wangalosprime View Post
          I'm not trying to be facetious when I say this; what would stop a group of people walking into 5 or 10 different Greater Manchester Police stations and each accusing a Greater Manchester MP of rape? Pick random, historical dates, safe in the knowledge that the most you would get is a £90 fine for wasting police time. It would certainly rattle some cages and make the point I want to; that having a carte blanche policy allows women to accuse without any slight fear of impunity. The woman who has falsely accused me isn't stupid, far from it, and I suspect she will have known of their no-PCJ policy from the outset.
          Getting the westminister aware is also a good idea. This will help those in the mess already and some form of justice can be achieved. It's not fair of the GMP just convicting people of Manchester at every slight chance they get without doing proper checks.

Comment

Working...
          X