Completely devastated by false accusation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely devastated by false accusation

Hi, So last Friday I went out drinking with friends, got really drunk and ended up going back with a girl. She was drunk too but we jumped in a taxi together, can't fully remember how we got to that stage.

From there, everything followed the normal procedure of a one night stand. We got together, had a good time and she left in the morning. I thought nothing of it. When I went to leave my flat the next day, I was swooped upon by police, who said the girl had accused me of rape. I was completely confused and just could comprehend what was happening.

I went to the station and went through all the procedures, had a interview with a duty solicitor in the room and told them exactly what had happened. The next morning the OIC came into my cell and said they didn't think it would be taken any further and personally said they believed I didn't do it. Then gave me a lift home, mentioning they didn't think they would even launch a full investigation and that the girl probably has issues... I'm on bail for 8 weeks but they said I probably wouldn't have to go back and they would call me at some point before.

Is this false hope? I'm still completely terrified and really struggling to hold it together. What is the quickest turnaround if all goes well?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In a cruel twist of irony, the 'doubtful' cases are pushed to the back of the box in favour of the more serious ones, so be prepared to sit it out.

Of course by 'issues' the OIC may be implying the girl has made false accusations before and her statement will therefore be suspect.

Have a look at this link to get an idea of the process:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Beside Myself View Post
      Hi, So last Friday I went out drinking with friends, got really drunk and ended up going back with a girl. She was drunk too but we jumped in a taxi together, can't fully remember how we got to that stage.

From there, everything followed the normal procedure of a one night stand. We got together, had a good time and she left in the morning. I thought nothing of it. When I went to leave my flat the next day, I was swooped upon by police, who said the girl had accused me of rape. I was completely confused and just could comprehend what was happening.

I went to the station and went through all the procedures, had a interview with a duty solicitor in the room and told them exactly what had happened. The next morning the OIC came into my cell and said they didn't think it would be taken any further and personally said they believed I didn't do it. Then gave me a lift home, mentioning they didn't think they would even launch a full investigation and that the girl probably has issues... I'm on bail for 8 weeks but they said I probably wouldn't have to go back and they would call me at some point before.

Is this false hope? I'm still completely terrified and really struggling to hold it together. What is the quickest turnaround if all goes well?
      So difficult to say. It sounds hopeful, BUT the case has to go before the cps it will not be a descision the police can take. All I can tell you is what happened to me for what it's worth.

I was told pretty much the same thing. I was told my phone was going to forensics to retrieve deleted text messages proving we were in a relationship where she said I was a casual acquaintance. I'm guessing this would throw a lot of doubt on her credibility.

I've never said this before, but I rang the OIC later, he wasn't there but one of his colleagues was, I'm such a chatterbox we got talking and she let slip it was their opinion that she (my fa) was doing it for the attention.

Be cautiously optimistic, but keep in the back of your mind that there is a small chance it might go pear- shaped; and steel yourself just in case. Stay strong!

Comment

Working...
      X