Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi all!

Well, just when I thought things might settle down, things are taking a nasty turn.

There's a crowd of sparks taking a stand against me at work. About twenty of the brave boys lining up scowling at me like the hard men they undoubtedly feel they are.

No one's said anything to me. No one's asked me what happened. They've just made up their minds.

Well. I have to confront them tomorrow. There's a lot of them and I've no idea how they'll react, so if you don't hear from me for a while, don't be too surprised!

Wish me luck folks, I think I might need it!

Originally posted by jittery View Post
    Hi all!

Well, just when I thought things might settle down, things are taking a nasty turn.

There's a crowd of sparks taking a stand against me at work. About twenty of the brave boys lining up scowling at me like the hard men they undoubtedly feel they are.

No one's said anything to me. No one's asked me what happened. They've just made up their minds.

Well. I have to confront them tomorrow. There's a lot of them and I've no idea how they'll react, so if you don't hear from me for a while, don't be too surprised!

Sincerely hope it goes ok for you, cowards if you ask me, they don't know the ins and out of anything but must dictate you and label you. They've no idea, hold your head high. Honestly wish I could support a fellow FA. Good luck

Comment

Typical mob behaviour as L&E said but almost certainly it's only a couple of them who have wound the others up so the majority will be friendly enough if you happen to be working with them, good luck for tomorrow!
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Oh oh!! Typical rat pack reaction. Sorry to hear this.
        Keep your head up, keep smiling (albeit through clenched teeth). Let us know how you get on
        They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

If any of them has the balls to ask you what happened, give them a speech about false allegations and back it up with the links on PAFAA - False Accusers Exposed - although obviously don't show them the forums, just get the links off there and put them into a Word doc, which will prove that people DO lie about such matters.

Good luck hon.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi jittery

Firstly can i just say that i have been lurking in the shadows reading the updates. I promised i havent forgotten anyone

Secondly - i wish i was there with you to make sure you put them all in their place and make them understand what it has done to you.

Sending happy thoughts x x
            'God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers'

Comment

Hi all!

Thanks for the good thoughts

Well, I arrived all fired up a bit early admittedly to find no one there. The problem is they aren't a crowd I usually work with. I saw one of them in the yard and he seemed friendly enough (predictably) not so brave when the odds aren't stacked in their favour are they, but i did catch him scowling at me as he walked off.

I'll go in a bit later tomorrow, this is something i have to tackle, it won't go away. I'll let you know how it goes!

Comment

Well, I arrived all fired up a bit early admittedly to find no one there. The problem is they aren't a crowd I usually work with. I saw one of them in the yard and he seemed friendly enough (predictably) not so brave when the odds aren't stacked in their favour are they, but i did catch him scowling at me as he walked off.

I'll go in a bit later tomorrow, this is something i have to tackle, it won't go away. I'll let you know how it goes!
                Hopefully this will all die down quickly.
                People do like to vent about things when they don't know the whole picture.
                We are all probably a bit guilty of harbouring these thoughts when rumours go around, but seeing you stand your ground will probably make them think twice.
                I know I never realised that people would make these things up so I probably thought "no smoke" etc
                But now we know better it's made us question it.
                I'm sure when they see you're not backing down they will question themselves.
                Be brave!
                We're all routing for ya!!
                Hugs
                YoH

Comment

Originally posted by YearsOfHell View Post
                  Hopefully this will all die down quickly.
                  People do like to vent about things when they don't know the whole picture.
                  We are all probably a bit guilty of harbouring these thoughts when rumours go around, but seeing you stand your ground will probably make them think twice.
                  I know I never realised that people would make these things up so I probably thought "no smoke" etc
                  But now we know better it's made us question it.
                  I'm sure when they see you're not backing down they will question themselves.
                  Be brave!
                  We're all routing for ya!!
                  Hugs
                  YoH
                  Well this is it. I can't really blame them. A year or so ago I'd've probably been the same. I wouldn't've believed that a person could lie about something like this.

As you say, now we know better. I'm guessing the problem is that jobs will have been done by these guys in that block of flats; and I'm sure the tale will have grown with every fresh telling. The fact that nowadays an investigation has to be conducted will I'm guessing make them think that there must be something in it- they won't know about forensic evidence and prioritising.

Don't worry, the one thing I won't be doing is backing down

Must go now, I've got test reports to write up, I'll let you know how I get on

Comment

hi

Hi folks,

Think I may have got old of the wrong end of the stick. Went in all fired up again to find....... no one in, didn't se any of them.

I'm wondering if something else was going on and I just got in the line of fire. As I think about it, it does seem a bit odd that so many people should be even interested in events between complete strangers to them.

I'll see what happens on monday, but I'm beginning to think I may have made a mistake.

Comment

Phew!

Hi folks,

Think I may have got old of the wrong end of the stick. Went in all fired up again to find....... no one in, didn't se any of them.

I'm wondering if something else was going on and I just got in the line of fire. As I think about it, it does seem a bit odd that so many people should be even interested in events between complete strangers to them.

I'll see what happens on monday, but I'm beginning to think I may have made a mistake.
                      That sounds positive! I hope that is the case!
                      We tend to think everyone knows what's happened and it can cloud our judgement a bit!
                      In reality I think few people really care about our lives and they are busy with their own.
                      There's an odd few who have nothing better to do, but mostly they're busy with their own troubles!
                      Keep smiling! It's all good!
                      Hugs
                      YoH

Comment

hi

That sounds positive! I hope that is the case!
                        We tend to think everyone knows what's happened and it can cloud our judgement a bit!
                        In reality I think few people really care about our lives and they are busy with their own.
                        There's an odd few who have nothing better to do, but mostly they're busy with their own troubles!
                        Keep smiling! It's all good!
                        Hugs
                        YoH
                        Thanks YoH, I've just pm'd you. It is a blurry time, but I'm glad in a way I've finally had a reaction. Throughout this time I haven't been on any medication, haven't had any of the euphorias and lows I've heard others speak of; the only thing I have done is to be a bit over the top with syruppy comments to female friends and compliments because I was worried I might develop misogynistic tendancies. Overcompensating perhaps. I'm glad I've had some reaction though, I was beginning to think I'm a robot!

Comment

Thanks YoH, I've just pm'd you. It is a blurry time, but I'm glad in a way I've finally had a reaction. Throughout this time I haven't been on any medication, haven't had any of the euphorias and lows I've heard others speak of; the only thing I have done is to be a bit over the top with syruppy comments to female friends and compliments because I was worried I might develop misogynistic tendancies. Overcompensating perhaps. I'm glad I've had some reaction though, I was beginning to think I'm a robot!
                          Robot? Could be a defence mechanism?
                          Not a bad thing though in these circumstances!
                          It's tough when you seem to fighting an uphill battle for justice! But we should all take a leaf out of your book, were innocent, and we must fight!
                          These situations completely change us as people and affect our families and relationships.
                          Not something we can take lightly, but definitely something we can get through!
                          There is always hope!
                          Big hugs
                          YoH

Comment

hi

Robot? Could be a defence mechanism?
                            Not a bad thing though in these circumstances!
                            It's tough when you seem to fighting an uphill battle for justice! But we should all take a leaf out of your book, were innocent, and we must fight!
                            These situations completely change us as people and affect our families and relationships.
                            Not something we can take lightly, but definitely something we can get through!
                            There is always hope!
                            Big hugs
                            YoH
                            Could well be a defence mechanism, I don't know, but I'm lucky in that I've always had a strong nerve. Sometimes we have to fight, there is no other way.

If there is any antipathy towards me I'll stand up to them and say my piece. Not everyone will believe me as 123xy says (hope I've got the handle right!), but as long as I've set the record straight they can think what they want. I've managed to get through 51 years without their friendship or support, I'm sure I'll find a way to muddle on without it!
                            Hug back YoH

Comment

Working...
                            X