Question regarding bail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding bail

Just wanted to give a quick update, while I havn't been on here for a while, i have browsed every so often, ive been on bail for nearly nine months now, my bail return is in a few weeks, assuming it doesnt get pushed back for the 3rd time, last time I was literally given a days notice that it had been postponed. anyway Ive got a specalist solicitor ready to take over if its not nfa'd.

just quick question, how important is it for your lawyer to use a barrister that they know?

[NB Feeling Low had added this post to dangerous driver's thread; I'd *helpfully* added it onto his own thread forgetting that he'd already asked me to delete that, hence the post disappearing for a day!]
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I would say it is VERY important that the right barrister is instructed, so instructing an unknown quantity would not be a good idea, so yes, it's important that the solicitor instructs a barrister they know.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

sorry it's taken so long for me to reply. thank you rights fighter for the reply, the lawyer i will use should the worse happen and i'm be charged is based where I currently live and not where the allegation took place, hence the question, he has come recommended.

On the bail front, I got a call 2 hours before i was due to appear informing me that bail had been extended for another 3 months. having spoken to a DS (as opposed to the DC who is the case OIC) It seems they have just been able to get something that they were not able to get previously from one of the phones (hers or mine i'm not sure, maybe even someone elses who knows) which is why bail has been extended.

I was also informed that the person who deals with bail and agrees extentions and such has told them that this is the last time it can be extended. so I WILL have an answer either way. hopefully sooner rather than later.

Just how common is it to be told that bail is not allowed to be extended again???

Comment

Originally posted by Feeling Low View Post
          sorry it's taken so long for me to reply. thank you rights fighter for the reply, the lawyer i will use should the worse happen and i'm be charged is based where I currently live and not where the allegation took place, hence the question, he has come recommended.

On the bail front, I got a call 2 hours before i was due to appear informing me that bail had been extended for another 3 months. having spoken to a DS (as opposed to the DC who is the case OIC) It seems they have just been able to get something that they were not able to get previously from one of the phones (hers or mine i'm not sure, maybe even someone elses who knows) which is why bail has been extended.

I was also informed that the person who deals with bail and agrees extentions and such has told them that this is the last time it can be extended. so I WILL have an answer either way. hopefully sooner rather than later.

Just how common is it to be told that bail is not allowed to be extended again???
          My husband when answered bail on 3 june , the head of the police station came to him and told him this is his last bail , so he was released from the police with cancellation of bail and bail conditions , they even returned his passport . They told him they will send the file to the PPS ( like CPS )but in northern Ireland . And the PPS will determine the outcome of the case.

Comment

thank you.

well as far as i'm aware im still under the 1 bail condition i had, considering I was told about the extention on friday, im still waiting for confirmation on my bail return date and time. how long does that take?? the last 3 times i've had a letter stating it. never had a call and an email saying it had been extended though, until last friday that is. and the only thing they took of mine was my phone, it must have been a small relief knowing that it was your partners last extention?

my current lawyer said she'd find out on monday but alas no email from her or to any enquires i have made. i'm assuming as i'd be under legal aid, they don't really need to do anything until im god forbid, charged?

Comment

thank you.

well as far as i'm aware im still under the 1 bail condition i had, considering I was told about the extention on friday, im still waiting for confirmation on my bail return date and time. how long does that take?? the last 3 times i've had a letter stating it. never had a call and an email saying it had been extended though, until last friday that is. and the only thing they took of mine was my phone, it must have been a small relief knowing that it was your partners last extention?

my current lawyer said she'd find out on monday but alas no email from her or to any enquires i have made. i'm assuming as i'd be under legal aid, they don't really need to do anything until im god forbid, charged?
              Hopefully this will finish soon for you . The time factor has no importance to them . We were promised that the PPS won't take much time , but now one month has passed and still no decisions . But really the relief for us was the returning of the passport so we can go to our preplanned family holiday . I wish you good luck and stay strong

Comment

I hope you can enjoy the holiday as much as possible.

You know staying strong can be really hard sometimes, particulary when you see how it affects those closest to you, thankfully all that know about this are behind me, and never for a second doubted it.

My mother has been my strongest rock, shes held me when i've cried, and been there when i've shouted at her in frustration, and yet i've seen how this affects her, my FA is well words i cant use here, and she dearly wants to sue my FA. Ive been trying to temper this bit, all i want is for this too be over and get on with my life which has been in limbo since this all started.

It's true what they say about mothers, you can say or do what you like to them, but start on there kids and they'll do what ever they can to protect them. I never fully understood that until this, that quite possibly goes for wives too.

Comment

I hope you can enjoy the holiday as much as possible.

You know staying strong can be really hard sometimes, particulary when you see how it affects those closest to you, thankfully all that know about this are behind me, and never for a second doubted it.

My mother has been my strongest rock, shes held me when i've cried, and been there when i've shouted at her in frustration, and yet i've seen how this affects her, my FA is well words i cant use here, and she dearly wants to sue my FA. Ive been trying to temper this bit, all i want is for this too be over and get on with my life which has been in limbo since this all started.

It's true what they say about mothers, you can say or do what you like to them, but start on there kids and they'll do what ever they can to protect them. I never fully understood that until this, that quite possibly goes for wives too.
                  This is true , at the beginning my husband was shocked , despaired even was thinking of suicide , i really supported him strongly , i forgave him for his mistake . I knew he didnt do a crime , it was a mistake any man in this situation can do .
                  Really my kids , relatives , friends all supported him strongly , so now he is much better . We all know he is innocent , so let the police take their time , we hope that this rubbish will be sorted out.
                  You will recover gradually from it , time is the best healer.
                  As long as you are innocent , truth will always prevail .

Comment

hi

thank you.

Hang in there! It can be difficult to stay strong sometimes but I'm sure you'll find a way. Good imput from you last night.

In case you missed it:
                    What do eskimos use for money?

A: Iced lolly

Now that IS a cracker, it's the way I write them! No tumbleweed for that on e eh?

Stay strong!

Comment

lol, I think you should start doing christmas cracker jokes ... the high end one's like marks and sparks of course.

Yeah, I do usually stay strong, to the point where some people thought i was being blaise about it all, I reminded them that it's always just below the surface, and if we talk about it i tend to end up in tears, i'm ex military ... sorry retired military. hoping for the best and preparing for the worst is drummed into us from basic. i'll freely admit i feel like im dieing inside, but i'll be damned if I let that show every minute of every day, that doesn't do you or those around you any good.

and i'm fortunate in a way, i may not have a job right now, but once this is NFA'd I've still got a signed contract for a job ... just have to get through the vetting!!
                      and that is what keeps me going, this has bought my life to a stand still now, but my ex girlfriend will hopefully not ruin the job, i've spent 10 years trying to get into, well more like 5 years if you discount my military service.

anyway, to sum up, life in limbo, life has stopped, im doing the best i can, and I still live my life with the values and standards and Morales i had before all this started.

that is something she cant take away from me.

Comment

hi

lol, I think you should start doing christmas cracker jokes ... the high end one's like marks and sparks of course.

Yeah, I do usually stay strong, to the point where some people thought i was being blaise about it all, I reminded them that it's always just below the surface, and if we talk about it i tend to end up in tears, i'm ex military ... sorry retired military. hoping for the best and preparing for the worst is drummed into us from basic. i'll freely admit i feel like im dieing inside, but i'll be damned if I let that show every minute of every day, that doesn't do you or those around you any good.

and i'm fortunate in a way, i may not have a job right now, but once this is NFA'd I've still got a signed contract for a job ... just have to get through the vetting!!
                        and that is what keeps me going, this has bought my life to a stand still now, but my ex girlfriend will hopefully not ruin the job, i've spent 10 years trying to get into, well more like 5 years if you discount my military service.

anyway, to sum up, life in limbo, life has stopped, im doing the best i can, and I still live my life with the values and standards and Morales i had before all this started.

that is something she cant take away from me.
                        Good man, good for you! My life was only in limbo for 3 months, then I had the option to slowly get back on track, which hopefully will continue! I was ok for the most part, just that when I was in my cups I'd burble on about what might have happened if the worst came to the worst. Don't take this the wrong way, but really looking forward to giving you a banana at some point

Comment

3 months?? how i envy you lol.

over 9 months for me, 12 months by the time my next bail date comes round. although i'm still awaiting a confirmation date for that. i like to think the longer it takes the better

Comment

hi

3 months?? how i envy you lol.

over 9 months for me, 12 months by the time my next bail date comes round. although i'm still awaiting a confirmation date for that. i like to think the longer it takes the better
                            Well, let's hope so! My case was a recent accusation, so everything could be checked up very quickly, the woman was also a serial accuser by the looks of things so it was all over quite quickly for me.
                            I was getting a bit worried because I was told it would be six weeks before I had an answer, but I rang a forensic company and they said not to worry because that meant it wasn't being taken very seriously.
                            I know historical cases take a lot longer, must be really frustrating!

Comment

As far as i'm aware a case is classed as historical, 14days or later after the incident supposedly happened.

my FA made her claim, a week or so after it supposedly happened.

I never thought about phoning someone and asking about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X