X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father falsely accused of rape

Hi everyone

I don't know what to say still shocked.

The police visited us at 5AM this morning, informing us that my dad had been accused of rape. As many of you may probably know we were completely shocked to hear theses allegations. The officer told us the attackers clothing, location and day of assault and the name of the girl. My dad, my mum, and myself were comepletely confused by the information given to us. The clothes the attacker was said to wear doesn't sound at all like anything my dad wears let alone owns. The location and day was impossible, as had it been during the day he would of been at work organising an event and saw and spoke to loads of people. At night he was at home and in the early hours of the morning he was in bed. My mum can verify this as she has had problems sleeping lately and was awake the entire night. Finally the girl whose name they told us was someone none of us had ever heard of and didn't know. Unfortunately the police couldn't give the time of the assault as I believe the arresting officer told us the location, day and clothing was all they knew.

To top it all off today also happens to be my birthday as well, what a great gift.

My mum and I are still in shock and don't know what to do. My dad phoned later this morning to let us know he is alright and that he is waiting for the duty soliciter and detective for the interview.

Fastfoward to this afternoon, we phoned the station my dad was taken to for questioning but they told us that they couldn't disclose any information nad that he was safe and well. We are both worried as we don't know whats going on.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S Sorry for any spelling and grammer errors.

Welcome to the forum but sorry you had to find us- it's never for a good reason. When my other half was arrested I was told nothing except that he supposedly told the police he didn't wish to speak to me, which wasn't true. All I can say is you've found us, you're not alone and there is help and advice to be had,
    Maybe all you can do for now is sit tight until you have more information.
    Let us know how you get on.
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
      Welcome to the forum but sorry you had to find us- it's never for a good reason. When my other half was arrested I was told nothing except that he supposedly told the police he didn't wish to speak to me, which wasn't true. All I can say is you've found us, you're not alone and there is help and advice to be had,
      Maybe all you can do for now is sit tight until you have more information.
      Let us know how you get on.
      Hi AmandaF

Thank you for the reply and support, I just can't believe how easy it is to accuse someone of such a horrific attack.

Comment

Welcome to our world.

It's the crazy world we live. I hope you are all sorted soon it's a dreadful time x

Comment

Hi

I echo what Amanda said, this forum has been my saviour there are people on here with plenty of experience and support for you. When my husband was arrested it was on our sons 16th birthday and I didn't hear from him from 8am till 6.30pm. It's a horrible time as you want answers but no one will give you them. Please keep in contact on here as the system is gone totally off the rails and accusations seem second nature now with no evidence required to ruin people's lives. Take care and try and keep your chin up. Rachel

Comment

Oh it's easy - trust me!! Everyone on this forum will confirm that. It shatters all your faith in human nature, even when people have the charges dropped, the devastation of them being made in the first place hangs around.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can subject a fellow human to this

Comment

Welcome to the forum, although I wish you didn't have to find us

Again to echo what Amanda has said you will get excellent support on here. Unfortuantly your story is a familiar one. when my husband was arrested, the police eventually contacted me to say that he was ok but was being interviewed. They stated that he did not want them to tell me what it was about (I wasn't there at the time of the arrest), but the interview should only last 30 mins and they would get him to phone me. This was a pack of lies ... he told them to tell me everything and the next contact I had was when the CPU knocked on my door to search the house over 3 hours later.

I hope your father is now home. I am not going to say the next hours, days, are going to be easy. It is shattering news and affects the whole household. However you will get plenty of advice and support in here

Comment

Originally posted by WhyUs View Post
                Welcome to the forum, although I wish you didn't have to find us

Again to echo what Amanda has said you will get excellent support on here. Unfortuantly your story is a familiar one. when my husband was arrested, the police eventually contacted me to say that he was ok but was being interviewed. They stated that he did not want them to tell me what it was about (I wasn't there at the time of the arrest), but the interview should only last 30 mins and they would get him to phone me. This was a pack of lies ... he told them to tell me everything and the next contact I had was when the CPU knocked on my door to search the house over 3 hours later.

I hope your father is now home. I am not going to say the next hours, days, are going to be easy. It is shattering news and affects the whole household. However you will get plenty of advice and support in here
                Thank you all for the support and kind words. Unfortunately he still isn't home and we haven't heard a word yet. It honestly feels like the police treat suspects in reverse. Instead of 'innocent until proven guilty' it feels like 'guilty until proven innocent'.

Comment

Hi NStarWs60

Sorry to see a new face on the forum, it is a horrendous shock when you whole family's world can be turned upside down in this way.

On the positive side it is good news that your Dad has taken the opportunity to use a duty solicitor when he is interviewed. This may slow the process down but is definitely a good idea not to be interviewed without representation.

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

This link may answer some of the questions you have.

Best wishes

FS
                  The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by NStarWs60 View Post
                    Thank you all for the support and kind words. Unfortunately he still isn't home and we haven't heard a word yet. It honestly feels like the police treat suspects in reverse. Instead of 'innocent until proven guilty' it feels like 'guilty until proven innocent'.
                    Unfortunately you have hit the nail on the head... They treat you as if you are guilty and of course the 'victim' would never lie... You need to stay above that and just keeping reminding yourself that he is innocent and it is all a pack of lies

Comment

I am happy to inform you all that my dad finally came home an hour ago with 2 police officers, who informed us that he has been released, as it was a case of mistaken identity. The actual attacker unfortunately shared his build, hair colour, ethnicity and full name. However, this is still very unfortunate as this poor girl has been attacked and the cultprit is still at large. Hopefully the police will find him, lock him up and throw away the key.

What actually stood out regarding the case was the fact that the victim actually had photos of the attacker on her phone, which annoyed my mum and myself as they could of checked the phone before wrongfully arresesting my dad.

In the end this painful and depressing time is over and we can get on with our lives.

I would like to once again thank you all for the support and would like to tell those who are still battling to never give up and hope you all get a successful outcome and can continue with your lives as well.

Comment

Oh thank goodness for that!!!!
                        So glad your ordeal is over

Comment

I am so pleased to hear your news and that it was over swiftly

Wishing you and your family all the best for the future

Comment

hi

I am happy to inform you all that my dad finally came home an hour ago with 2 police officers, who informed us that he has been released, as it was a case of mistaken identity. The actual attacker unfortunately shared his build, hair colour, ethnicity and full name. However, this is still very unfortunate as this poor girl has been attacked and the cultprit is still at large. Hopefully the police will find him, lock him up and throw away the key.

What actually stood out regarding the case was the fact that the victim actually had photos of the attacker on her phone, which annoyed my mum and myself as they could of checked the phone before wrongfully arresesting my dad.

In the end this painful and depressing time is over and we can get on with our lives.

I would like to once again thank you all for the support and would like to tell those who are still battling to never give up and hope you all get a successful outcome and can continue with your lives as well.
                            Glad to hear it's all over so quickly for you

Comment

That's great news - however - your dad will need to make sure that the allegations and arrest does not show on his DBS check. He can ask the police to confirm in writing that this will not show.
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
                              X