Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THAccuser has finally retracted and admitted her spurious and malicious allegation was false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAccuser has finally retracted and admitted her spurious and malicious allegation was false

After being arrested at work back in December 2014 on suspicion of raping a female I have been on bail and suspended from work for six months now.

During this time not only having the indignity of having my reputation tarnished I had to deal with a move of house and a new baby. At times I felt there was no way out despite being innocent as I myself despite being a police officer have no faith whatsoever in the justice system, and more so now after this experience.

I was bailed and re-bailed time after time to the point it became an abuse of process, but because I am a police officer I am under far more scrutiny than a regular member of public so this continued to take it's toll on my mental wellbeing. The fear of losing my family, the fear of being incarcerated as a police officer. There were so many factors to consider and I saw nothing but a negative ending to this whole situation despite knowing I did not do what I was accused of.

I was recently re-bailed for another 7 weeks because the CPS wanted third party information. I sat there wondering what that might be, but over time became philosophical and decided there was nothing I could to alter this course of the investigating at this point. I had given my statements and it was in the hands of someone at the CPS now.

Then two days ago I received a call from my Police Federation representative to inform me the accuser has now retracted her original statement and that the rape allegation is in fact false. She was then arrested by officers for perverting the course of justice and wasting police time.

To say I was relieved in an understatement! I was elated but happy? No! This should not have happened in the first place were it not for the sick and twisted mind of one individual.

I strangely am still on bail and suspended from work pending an internal investigation. I have not had one official notification this allegation is now dropped! I am disgusted and disappointed in there lack of support I was shown during this time. I have had some delete me from Facebook, some ignore my calls and not one call from my own team who I risk my life to protect day in and day out. There have been some that have been amazing and provided me with counsel and friendship this past six months and I am eternally grateful of that support.

Just thought I'd share my good news to you and I am now going to take some time to take stock of the situation and decide whether I wish to remain a police officer after this unpalatable experience.

For anyone that is going through the same situation, stay strong no matter how dark things get and use your innocence as a pillar of strength. I can't guarantee that things will work in your favour, but you have to believe in yourself no matter what.

That's fantastic news, especially that she has been arrested- about time some sense was brought into these scenarios.
    I can understand how you feel about the whole situation but I would tentatively suggest that your experience would be invaluable as a police officer.

Wish you every success in the future.
    They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

I can only echo Amanda's words (especially the bit about remaining in the police force!)

I suppose it's a little cynical of me to wonder if the FA wouldn't have been charged with PCJ if she'd accused Joe Public
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Maybe they want you to keep to your bail conditions (to not contact her or her witnesses). They might think you might want to remonstrate with her, so to protect you the conditions still stand.

She will merely get a slap on the wrist of course. If she has money maybe you might think of suing her via a no win no fee solicitor.

I am sooooo pleased for you!!
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Pleased you got your NFA but not surprised you are questioning your future with the police, if many of those you work with have "disowned " you over the last six months. You also say you have no faith whatsoever in the justice system, it maybe a clumsy analogy but if you were a vicar who suddenly realised he didn't believe in god you presumably would find it hard to be a church minister.

Having said that getting your false accuser arrested for PCJ is as rare as hen's teeth on this forum, I hope she is prosecuted and made an example of.

Wishing you all the best for your future

FS
          The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

So pleased with the retraction - this is as good as it gets. In respect of the continuing disillusionment - I think this will take some time to get over. As you will have gathered, the police/CPS are not very popular on this forum due to their lack of impartiality when allegations of this kind are made. I am truly sorry that you have been on the receiving end of this. It is an unbearable situation which takes it toll on our lives.

However, your good news is very welcome and I wish you and your family every best wishes for the future.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and giving us an insight of the 'other side'.

Comment

Excellent!

That's great news dangerousdriver!
              Thanks for letting us know.
              I'm sure in time these things heal so don't rush it,
              It's like recovering from a serious crash.
              The wounds take time to heal.
              In the meantime, these bananas are well deserved!

Comment

So pleased to hear your news

As others have said I can understand you questioning your continued career with the police force, however as Amanda has said, you now have a valuable insight into a world that the police and CPS don't want to know of. As far as they are concerned the accuser must be telling the truth, and have no regard to the impact it has on those FA'd, their families, friends, work etc. That said, what would your reaction be if you were faced with someone reporting abuse / rape whilst working... would it hinder you?

Anyway I wish you every success for the future, wherever the path may lead

Comment

Woo Hoo

Originally posted by dangerousdriver View Post
                  After being arrested at work back in December 2014 on suspicion of raping a female I have been on bail and suspended from work for six months now.

During this time not only having the indignity of having my reputation tarnished I had to deal with a move of house and a new baby. At times I felt there was no way out despite being innocent as I myself despite being a police officer have no faith whatsoever in the justice system, and more so now after this experience.

I was bailed and re-bailed time after time to the point it became an abuse of process, but because I am a police officer I am under far more scrutiny than a regular member of public so this continued to take it's toll on my mental wellbeing. The fear of losing my family, the fear of being incarcerated as a police officer. There were so many factors to consider and I saw nothing but a negative ending to this whole situation despite knowing I did not do what I was accused of.

I was recently re-bailed for another 7 weeks because the CPS wanted third party information. I sat there wondering what that might be, but over time became philosophical and decided there was nothing I could to alter this course of the investigating at this point. I had given my statements and it was in the hands of someone at the CPS now.

Then two days ago I received a call from my Police Federation representative to inform me the accuser has now retracted her original statement and that the rape allegation is in fact false. She was then arrested by officers for perverting the course of justice and wasting police time.

To say I was relieved in an understatement! I was elated but happy? No! This should not have happened in the first place were it not for the sick and twisted mind of one individual.

I strangely am still on bail and suspended from work pending an internal investigation. I have not had one official notification this allegation is now dropped! I am disgusted and disappointed in there lack of support I was shown during this time. I have had some delete me from Facebook, some ignore my calls and not one call from my own team who I risk my life to protect day in and day out. There have been some that have been amazing and provided me with counsel and friendship this past six months and I am eternally grateful of that support.

Just thought I'd share my good news to you and I am now going to take some time to take stock of the situation and decide whether I wish to remain a police officer after this unpalatable experience.

For anyone that is going through the same situation, stay strong no matter how dark things get and use your innocence as a pillar of strength. I can't guarantee that things will work in your favour, but you have to believe in yourself no matter what.
                  Good on you mate! Glad to hear it! Now, hopefully you can concentrate on terrorising other road users!
                  All the best for the future!

Comment

Working...
                  X