Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fab article by the ever fabulous Anna Raccoon re the conference in Cardiff this last weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fab article by the ever fabulous Anna Raccoon re the conference in Cardiff this last weekend

http://annaraccoon.com/2015/06/02/li...rt-of-victims/

It was wonderful to meet "Anna Raccoon" at the conference on Saturday. Also barrister Barbara Hewson and Chris Saltrese, of course.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    http://annaraccoon.com/2015/06/02/li...rt-of-victims/

It was wonderful to meet "Anna Raccoon" at the conference on Saturday. Also barrister Barbara Hewson and Chris Saltrese, of course.
    This made me weep - literally.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Needs to be in the bloody front pages of the tabloids but the media wont will they god forbid !!

Comment

Late last year Teresa May announced the intention to bring legislation 'in this parliament' (ie before 2020), to limit the length of time people can spend on police bail without a decision. We also have the Met 'possibly' ending the policy of believing accusers at the expense of those accused and impartiality, (as if they should ever be anything but impartial!)

2020 is going to be too late (hopefully) for us, but does anyone think that there is any benefit to be had from contacting Teresa May and our MP's to ask for progress on what she promised months ago? I know legislation takes months to prepare and more to get through parliament, but if the government thinks no-one is bothered, I can see this going on the back burner and getting conveniently forgotten.

I suppose I'm asking if anyone has any ideas on how to keep this at the forefront of politician's minds while they think that immigrants and the EU are more important.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
          Late last year Teresa May announced the intention to bring legislation 'in this parliament' (ie before 2020), to limit the length of time people can spend on police bail without a decision. We also have the Met 'possibly' ending the policy of believing accusers at the expense of those accused and impartiality, (as if they should ever be anything but impartial!)

2020 is going to be too late (hopefully) for us, but does anyone think that there is any benefit to be had from contacting Teresa May and our MP's to ask for progress on what she promised months ago? I know legislation takes months to prepare and more to get through parliament, but if the government thinks no-one is bothered, I can see this going on the back burner and getting conveniently forgotten.

I suppose I'm asking if anyone has any ideas on how to keep this at the forefront of politician's minds while they think that immigrants and the EU are more important.
          Just putting some information here so there is an answer to my question that I found out for myself that may be of interest to others. The Policing and Crime Bill 2015-2016 which covers the proposed changes in police bail is currently at the committee stage and that should complete its work by early next month. It is possible to sign up for updates on www.parliament.uk if anyone is interested in doing that.

Comment

Thanks for the info- will certainly keep that in mind.

Still prepared to chain myself outside no. 10!!
            They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Working...
            X