Falsely accused of historic rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely accused of historic rape

In Jan our world was blown up out of control as my husband was arrested and taken for questioning regarding a false allegation of historic rape by his daughter! He only knew her for a very short time and has not seen her for years and she has now out of the blue decided to accuse him of something he didn't do. We are devastated as the police having only questioned him for a very short time have now charged him and we are facing court. We are shocked and bereft on what the hell has happened. Fortunately I have been looking at this site for support but been to nervous to post until now. We found Gerry Macdonald and he is representing us. He has already been so supportive and made us both feel as positive as we are able in this diar situation. We are devastated and just want this to go away but you know deep down you have to face it and fight it.... We can't believe how many others are facing this too. Thanks for reading just needed to get it off my chest as don't want to talk it through or tell friends etc

You've taken the most important step at this stage and instructed the right solicitor. He instructs some utterly fab barristers too. You are in safe hands.

Keep posting. The more you post (on other threads in support too) the more support you will get back.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi

Really sorry to hear of your situation, you are right it is unfortunately affecting many people. The positive is that you have already instructed a fantastic solicitor with an excellent track record. Having a defence team that are experienced in these kinds of cases really is essential.

Having said that the stress is immense and the process can take a long time,so do your best to look after each other during the coming months.

Best wishes

Frightened Spouse
      The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

St Augustine

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so very much for you both replying. It's really comforting to know we are not alone. My husband is up and down and gets low. I am trying to stay as upbeat as posible to support him through this. I know we will make it. Actually we both have such mixed emotions, gutted, devastated, fuming anger. Most of all is the shock. It's like you are in a movie watching the plot unfold. I'm hanging on to innocent until proven guilty and don't know what the hell possessed her to do this! It comes over you in waves. I can't believe he just got charged and that's it. He didn't really even spend much time with her at all so then I keep thinking that's why she's done it. Maybe she's angry with him for not being there even though it was always an impossible situation. I also wonder if she's actually thought it all through, what this means etc....oh so many thoughts....I am just grateful to have somewhere to pour it out. I equally have all the time in the world for anyone who needs support or a boost in dealing with something so life changing. We are at the magistrates court on Friday so both feeling nervous..

Comment

Is she skint? "Compensation" is a strong factor in motivation for lying.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

mmm not sure, she could be. She works in a basic job. Think she still lives at home and also think she had a taster for an exciting life which didn't pan out. Don't know that for sure but it's what I gather etc. Don't want to say too much on here for privacy reasons etc but we do think something has triggered this off as my husband has had no contact for at least 10years and now this..

Comment

I wish you all the luck in the world.

My partner has been accused of historic abuse. We are totally heartbroken at these alligations. He has been removed from our home and is only allowed to see his son when supervised.

We have no idea what our future holds.

Comment

Thank you so much Heartbreaking and I you. This is horrendous and unreal and unimaginable. I have always thought you should never judge others by your own standards and now I know why. I can't even begin to relate to why someone would want to do this or even could and has done this. I'm sorry for you and your husband and family. No one should have to go through this. However we need to gear ourselves up to prove innocence and that's a fight I will take on any day if I have too. Makes me so sad and angry..thank you for taking the time to comment sadly I feel better not being alone..

Comment

It's a tragedy when someone finds us as it's always for a sad reason. We all of us can relate to everything you've said as we've all been there and are all at different stages of our journeys. I thought we were the only ones until I found this forum and it's been a great help- there's a lot of support here- Rights Fighter is brilliant on the legal stuff while the rest of us give virtual hugs and spur each other on. It is the most difficult thing I have ever faced in my whole life, but you will get through this.
                  Thoughts with you, keep posting as I worry when people "disappear""!
                  They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Yes. I know we litrally are broken hearted. You seem more down the line than we are. We are just 3 weeks into his nightmare.
                    How on earth something that didn't happen when my partner was 11/12 can be brought up 25 years later and tear up our family and life.

We simply struggle to gain any concept of it all

Comment

Originally posted by Wifeofaninnocentman View Post
                      Thank you so much Heartbreaking and I you. This is horrendous and unreal and unimaginable. I have always thought you should never judge others by your own standards and now I know why. I can't even begin to relate to why someone would want to do this or even could and has done this. I'm sorry for you and your husband and family. No one should have to go through this. However we need to gear ourselves up to prove innocence and that's a fight I will take on any day if I have too. Makes me so sad and angry..thank you for taking the time to comment sadly I feel better not being alone..
                      Hi
                      You have come to the right place for support I found this site too late for my husband but it's been fabulous support for me. My husband was falsely accused of historical child abuse of my daughter and he was on bail for 18 months but we unfortunately didn't get the right defense abd ny husband is now serving 13 years. I'm not giving up on him I know he's innocent. I know exactly how you are feeling stay strong and be there for each other. Your husband will definitely have ups and downs but just try and make the best of it. It seems you have found a good defense team I so wish we had had hind sight. I hope you don't mind me responding. The legal and justice system is so unfair and wrong and biased now. Take care

Comment

What I have no concept of is how any person on this earth can lie and devastate someone else's life

Comment

It's not just one life though That is Affecting.

I have 3 children

He has 1 all 4 don't understand.

My parents his parents siblings frinds. everyone is rocked at the simplicity of being able to make alligations for our lives to be changed forever.

Comment

You're exactly right heartbreaking- even my man's adult daughter failed important uni exams because of the stress of it all- the damage and repercussions are endless. How do you teach your own children about how lying is wrong when it must feel like that's all they see? And they see these "people" get away with it? My grandson's life has been annihilated beyond recognition but who cares?? Certainly not the legal system or the SS

"They tried to bury us - they didn't know we were seeds"
                            Last edited by AmandaF; 26 May 2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by heartbreaking View Post
                              Yes. I know we litrally are broken hearted. You seem more down the line than we are. We are just 3 weeks into his nightmare.
                              How on earth something that didn't happen when my partner was 11/12 can be brought up 25 years later and tear up our family and life.

We simply struggle to gain any concept of it all
                              I don't want to hijack this thread but in view of his age and those dates do have a look at this link and discuss it with the solicitor tomorrow

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...0-Doli-Incapax
                              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                              X