Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do after charges have been dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do after charges have been dropped?

Hello,

I have been accused by my ex wife of rape, sexual assaults and domestic violence.
    After a police investigation, they have decided not to put charges.
    Paralel to the police investigation, we have been in family court where she has made same accusations in order to not let me see my son.
    We went through a fact finding hearing where the judge has made her judgment that my ex wife has fabricated all these accusations.

I have a few questions at this stage.

What consequences does my ex wife face if police decided not to put charges?

Can I use the judgement from the family court in order to make an accusation of perverting the course of justice against her?

What kind of records is the police keeping? Can I request them to be deleted?

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards

B

hi

Originally posted by pbb View Post
    Hello,

I have been accused by my ex wife of rape, sexual assaults and domestic violence.
    After a police investigation, they have decided not to put charges.
    Paralel to the police investigation, we have been in family court where she has made same accusations in order to not let me see my son.
    We went through a fact finding hearing where the judge has made her judgment that my ex wife has fabricated all these accusations.

I have a few questions at this stage.

What consequences does my ex wife face if police decided not to put charges?

Can I use the judgement from the family court in order to make an accusation of perverting the course of justice against her?

What kind of records is the police keeping? Can I request them to be deleted?

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards

B

I'm afraid if the police don't charge her and often they don't, nothing will happen to her. It stinks, but the attitude currently is that they rarely do take action on the grounds that it might dissuade others from coming forward. You can try and make a case for perverting the course of justice but I wouldn't and for 2 reasons:

Firstly it is very expensive and you may very well not get anywhere.

Secondly I don't know how old your son is, but as things stand one day the enormity of your ex's despicable actions will be crystal clear to him; and I imagine he will lose alot of love and respect for her. If you get her put in jail for what could be a life sentence, how might that affect his opinion of you.

Easy for me to say, much harder for you to do; but try and take the moral high ground in this. You'll end up the winner in the long run I'm sure.

Often the case stays on file, I think unless the accuser admits they were lying, along with your DNA samples etc. I'm told you can pay a solicitor to have the case removed from their files, but I don't imagine it's cheap!

Comment

thanks

Thank you very much J

My son is 12 years old. I often wonder what he is going to think when he finds out what the mother did.

It is frustrating to see that she can just go home and face no consequences at all, it feels extremely unfair.

Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by pbb View Post
        Thank you very much J

My son is 12 years old. I often wonder what he is going to think when he finds out what the mother did.

It is frustrating to see that she can just go home and face no consequences at all, it feels extremely unfair.

Thanks again for the advice.
        No problem . Yup it is very unfair, we're all agreed on that. That's the system at the moment I'm afraid. All the best, hope you can get on with life now

Comment

Im in a similar situation. Please have a look at my thread, advise appreciated

Comment

Pbb I'm thinking that if the family court decided she lied, if you get the transcript of that, you could approach the CPS and ask them if they would consider prosecuting her for wasting police time and making an attempt intending to pervert the course of justice.

Women like her make decent women cringe.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Working...
            X