No announcement yet.

So it starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looked at the beginning of your thread and by one of those awful co-incidences the 12th of May is the date when the police also arrived on my doorstep, these are anniversaries that are unforgettable for all the wrong reasons.

Just to add some macabre humour, I was working in a manhole that morning so the OIC asked me if I needed planning permission to work on the drains and in my bewilderment I thought that this was going to be a second count on the arrest warrant.

The search took four hours (I am meticulous about not throwing significant paperwork and photos away and they went through everything!) but as a positive it gave me that time to sit on my settee and get over the shock before being taken to the station.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

254 days NFA

Thats all

254 days then one line saying NFA

I feel empty

But all you out there still waiting stick with it.

You know your not guilty

Comment

Great news for you, though I imagine that your emotional roller coaster will continue for a while.

Thanks for updating the forum and here are the obligatory
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

I praying with everything i have ohs case will go nfa but it wont make these last months okay. It make up for all the friends we lost our reputation. The fact our relationship is in shreds and may never recover.
          Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Sorry on a down day forgot the bananas and the congratulations most importantly your FA hasnt won.
            Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Pleased for you

Hi 298

Pleased you have NFA, difficult to feel much when you have done nothing wrong, but it will give heart to others who are in your position before you have this result. I would try to put it behind you and enjoy xmas and the rest of your life. We had to go through a trial and get unanimous NG to get the same result. Its taken a few months now but we are leaving it behind and looking forward to a new year. Dont let the false accuser ruin a singl further day of your life. Congratulations

Comment

Good news !

More good news .... Well done on your patience and best wishes for a speedy recovery from the nightmare you have lived through. All best wishes for a bright future &
                Innocentson

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all your kind words,

I very much feel for everyone who is still waiting, its 5h1t but hang on if you don't get a NFA then a court case will clear your name much more effectively!

I had written a lot more than this but it sounded too much like a long winge at life.
                  When the sad reality is that you all know the impact this has on us and how little we can do apart from carry on.

I'm reasonably sure the longer term impact will continue for some time but thats life, sometimes it not fair.

Comment

Nanas!

Nearly missed the chance for nanas!

But you are right, things have been messed up, life will take time to get back on track.
                    It's so hard but we need to recover like a serious physical injury.
                    Sometimes it will hurt still, other times feel a bit better.
                    Take your time and don't rush it.
                    Best of luck for the future
                    YoH

Comment

All the best for future
                      They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

and it ends - possibly

Well my NFA is slowly sinking in

Picked my stuff up from the police HQ today and had a chat to the detective

Apparently my FA was the prime witness for the defence!

She had been obstructive, told lies, threatened the police, introduced new 'evidence' until finally the police gave up and raided her premises to search for evidence!
                        Yes the police actually raided a supposed rape victims house and sized evidence - I guess they must have been very sure of themselves and what they were looking for!
                        (oh to have been a fly on the wall that day)

My returned property is in a bit of a sorry state where hard drives have been removed for copying, not sure if the Sheffield forensics dept own a screw driver as it appears the method of entry was by using a lump hammer!

But its over..... ish

Any CRB check will have that I was arrested for rape and assault for the rest of my natural.
                        (this probably equates to a life ban of working with vulnerable children and adults - this was a key part of my business)

My business has taken some hard knocks 2 people have lost their job one lost their flat
                        £6000 was spent on replacement equipment to try and keep the business going
                        £4000 was spent on solicitors and barristers
                        £2500 was spent on compensating clients where I had lost work in progress

Lost business I would guess at around another £10k but its impossible to say, some work I could not take on (working with vulnerable adults and children)
                        Some is lost clients who have never used me since (my crashed disk explanation was not taken as an indication of a well run business)

Adding it all up its cost me minimum of around £22.5k

I can only guess at what it has cost the others who were utterly uninvolved.

My FA has walked away with nothing, no charge, not even a caution.

I would say in the case of UK rape allegations 'innocent until proven guilty' is a bad joke!

I may well re emerge as a campaigner under a different name.

But for now I am signing off.

If you did not do it never give up fighting - if you did do it fess up soon as you can.

Comment

Hi 298glad to hear your getting used to this no longer hanging over your head

Try to move forward with your life .... And not dwell on the financial cost & even emotional aspects of the nightmare ... I know it's hard : my sons case went all the way to court and stripped us of our lifetime pension savings ... As he didn't qualify for legal aid and we knew he didn't deserve to be treated in the horrendous way he was ..... Long story but unanimous NG within 10 minutes gives a clue...

Point is ; the bitterness I feel towards the corrupt OIC (who hid evidence etc) the False Accuser who cried rape after consensual one night stand but caught by boyfriend cheating on him.... Etc etc makes my blood boil .... Still wake up crying with flashbacks to the court hearing ..... BUT. I know it could have been worse.... A number of others on this forum have / had it far worse than us .....

The fact that we have no redress against the situation adds to our frustration and I'm sure you probably have similar frustrations .... I think all we can do is try to live life to the full & add our voices to any / all campaigns and forums whenever possible.

I'll be writing to my MP, Jeremy Corbyn etc and any others I can think of , to highlight the huge impacts of false allegations ... And the lack of investigation by police, huge costs to the taxpayers & knock on Impact on real cases.......But just wanted to let you know I and others know how you feel and I hope your life gets better and better

Best of luck in everything you do
                          X
                          Innocentson

Comment

Working...
                          X