Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmandaF View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...l-assault-case

It's just a one-liner in this article- surely there'll be more, will do some more reading when I have more time.
    Hi all

Just brainstorming some ideas - they are a little far fetched but the mood I'm in at the moment you can understand why !!

So firstly - who is in charge of the police ?

Do we speak to the icc or should we go higher up like mp's ?

Write them a letter stating what we feel ( we could give them a link to this page ) alternatively if we all write about our experiences to them in a letter?

Police should not be selective in what they give to the cps. They should not be able to withhold any information from them. Experienced (not target driven / promotion greedy) officer in charge should look at the evidence in a NEUTRAL position. Any officer seen to abuse this should be disciplined. If said officer can't do this then give to the cps to make that decision for them to make .

Bail limit rule (28 days) have to be adhered to ( I currently know someone who has been on 4 years)

Get rid of the 'rape' incentive. Because no matter what comes of the case they will still get a large payout whilst FA 'd lose their family, friends, name in the community, job and more importantly... life !!

It is also in the interest of the cps that the above are dealt with asap because tax payers money is unnecessarily being wasted.

SS need to stop making thief own rules up as well. It is their job to protect children's wellbeing ( not take well nurtured/happy kids away from their parents - isn't this going against their own mantra) ?

The SS have to understand that their convoluted reports has an overall effect on the lives on children. I also believe the SS have to be 'policed'

The falsely accuse that are Nfa'd or nc'd should be able to strike that off their record !!

These points are unique to my case and I believe others can relate to them.

If someone wants to add something about so called historic rape please free to add.

Just so everyone's aware there are a lot of genuine cases of rape out there and I do not mean to offend anyone with the above .

X x x
    'God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers'

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...l-assault-case

It's just a one-liner in this article- surely there'll be more, will do some more reading when I have more time.
      Thank you - I do remember reading this before. Keep us updated with further 'finds'.

Comment

get organised

Yes, I think this would be great, there is FASO, of course, and a couple of other orgs.

I have had some experience working on national bodies and committees, now for obvious reasons agoraphobic.

As I have explained on other threads, I now await police confirmation that CPS have agreed to prosecute my accuser for perjury/perversion.

In my view you need a few keen individuals prepared to meet regularly - I guess these days you use skype. You get organised. You plan. You build relationships with journalists/MPs/etc. Yes, you get a couple of celebs to draw attention. Then you wait for an opportunity. Like a celeb case or my accuser's conviction, and you leap - in an organised, coordinated way, contacting your tame MPs and journo's, and you effect a change. How? The single message you have to bash home is "this could be you, this could be someone you love".

But trust me, nothing is going to happen, to the benefit of alleged sex abusers, without being very organised, and being prepared for a lot of setback and head-wall-banging. Lets face it, if you were an MP, or other person with ability to effect a change, why on Earth would you take the risk and help a bunch of monsters like us... Innocent you say? Well I guess anyone can SAY that......

That mentality, is the single hardest obstacle we have. Nothing is going to be easy. And the only thing that those who are not us will hear is "this could be you, this could be someone you love" - Otherwise you may as well gas the lot of us, just in case one of us is guilty. I am afraid that is the ethic that predominates. You HAVE to make the risk personal, to your listeners/voters/interviewers, else expect failure.
        STeve

Comment

petition

BTW Petition ?
          What do you think that will do?
          Nobody cares, the only reason for a petition is so that you can get a media photograph of you handing it to a politician.
          Sorry if that sounds negative, but nobody (ok, not enough) will help us because they think its right.

Its simple, in the real world they will help on the basis of:

wouldn't want my wife/friend/daughter's rapist to get away with it
          vs
          wouldn't want my husband/friend/son to be falsely accused.

There is a pile of evidence the size of my house that people care about issues like this on the basis of narratives, and fear, not rights and wrongs. You have to make the suffering of the falsely accused REAL to those who have not been there, and a REAL DANGER to those who currently are far more preoccupied with the risks posed by sex offenders, not focussed on the risk they may be accused of it.

Comment

Great posts Anon Steve................ My mind is spinning with all these political issues surrounding FA's. I have spoke to many people who are realistic that FA's do occur and of the 'I believe' culture. I suspect CPS/police use us as easy statistics for their crime detection rates.
            But as you say - it takes a strong MP to stand up about this.

Sending you all the best in your own fight.

Comment

Anonsteve- this is another post I've had to read several times- there's a lot of hard-hitting comments in there. I think that's why I was thinking Nigel Evans as he has very personal experience of false allegations. I know it's not going to be easy but I have to say with so many of us I'm surprised no-one else has really gone down this road. No I don't think petitions are in anyway effective but the way you suggest to mobilise the troops sounds as tho it may be, provided it's organised properly.
              I don't use skype and am not really computer literate . I would be, however prepared to travel say within a 100 mile radius to get some kind of meeting/campaign/ support group started.
              False accusations are on the increase- it almost seems as though to some people to claim sexual abuse is a fashion accessory and yes it CAN happen to anybody.
              Keep the ideas flowing and let's make a start. But right now, I'm weary- trying to deal with all this, maintain a full time job and be a single parent now is absolutely taking it's toll.

But....... onwards and upwards as they say
              They tried to bury us- they didn't know we were seeds

Comment

Thanks Amanda, I don't want to appear negative, but it helps to be realistic. Consider how you would have felt about our proposed campaign before you were personally involved. Where would it have sat in your priorities?

And thanks for your vote of support, I really hope a conviction can be used to all of our collective ends, not to make things easier for the guilty, but at least to bring awareness of the suffering of the innocent accused.

Sadly, I cannot make the same commitment you have offered, my agoraphobia reflects the extremity of the accusations, and the nature of my career prior to it. I'll send you a PM, but I warn you, even though I am prepared to work for the cause, I am pessimistic as to how we can convert our effort into results. That said, a battle not fought is a battle already lost.

In my view, any campaign (and lets face it, that is your proposal) must be brutally well organised, almost cynical, if we are to even scratch the surface of making a difference.

When I grew up, my father was director of a national charity, one you will know by name. Even thought that was for a popular cause (unlike ours, sorry, that's just realism, for you!) the degree of success completely reflected the cold-hearted ruthlessness of the campaign. Its sad but true. On the other hand, our current lack of power probably reflects our current isolated individuality. A point I think we agree on. That, at least, is something we can effect change over.

Comment

Nigel Evans was re- elected to his seat in Ribble Valley with around a thousand fewer votes than in the previous election. I have to say I'm very surprised at the result, assuming that voters there would have adopted a "no confidence" or "no smoke without fire attitude " and would have wanted an alternative candidate. Does this one little matter give us any degree of hope? I just think it may have some significance, however small

Comment

Nigel Evans was re- elected to his seat in Ribble Valley with around a thousand fewer votes than in the previous election. I have to say I'm very surprised at the result, assuming that voters there would have adopted a "no confidence" or "no smoke without fire attitude " and would have wanted an alternative candidate. Does this one little matter give us any degree of hope? I just think it may have some significance, however small
                    Could we get a "template" letter written outlining the issues that are affecting all of us, ie. Constant rebail, informal interviews then limbo, compensation being available to all even without foundation, hearsay evidence being taken as gospel, etc etc.

If we all say the same thing maybe we could get an audience?

I have no idea what procedure is but Nigel Evans sounds like a good place to start?

Comment

We DEFINITELY need an audience- we need to get this in the public eye- somehow. A couple of us are going to meet up to see whether we can put such a campaign together, possibly highlighting his can happen to ANYBODY. I'm going to put it out on a different thread to see exactly what issues people have and how they can be addressed as I am well aware that there is a common denominator, we have all experienced our own individual journeys. I hope we can rally support for the cause and tbh I would rather try and fail than do nothing.

Comment

We DEFINITELY need an audience- we need to get this in the public eye- somehow. A couple of us are going to meet up to see whether we can put such a campaign together, possibly highlighting his can happen to ANYBODY. I'm going to put it out on a different thread to see exactly what issues people have and how they can be addressed as I am well aware that there is a common denominator, we have all experienced our own individual journeys. I hope we can rally support for the cause and tbh I would rather try and fail than do nothing.
                        A few years ago no one had heard of "crash for cash" but now it's been brought to the publics attention it is out there! It still happens but not on a scale that it used to.
                        In the wake of the Jimmy Saville enquiry there have been an increase in sexual assault claims and it has been acknowledged that they are not all genuine claims. Someone even called sexual assault the new "whiplash". This needs expanding on.
                        I know our situation is different to yours because he hasn't even been charged yet but I will help anyway I can!

Comment

I think that sums it up very well- it is the latest fashion craze . I really don't think accusers have any idea of the misery it causes- but would it stop them if it did? I doubt it. All I see is these people carrying on having a normal life while ours has been totally annihilated. Thanks for your support- it may take a while but we WILL get this started- I want to be sure that it is approached, handled, whatever else in the correct manner

Comment

"Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, these ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance. Robert F. Kennedy
                            I really like that quote and hope it's one that becomes appropriate to our cause.

Comment

I've just seen this thread.

Is anybody putting something together? I would really like to get involved with trying to make a difference with these cases, however I have absolutely no idea where to start?!!!

Comment

I think that's why it's stalled atm- none of us know where to start!! There was an idea put forward that the first thing to do is to precisely identify what the issues here are- as I said it has to be constructive and to the point- it's no good just trying to shout "We're innocent" as no-one is going to buy into that. I have been trying to identify exactly what I need my argument to be. I have also offered to try and get together with others who are interested in taking this further- 100 mile radius of S. Yorks! It seems as though everyday people are finding this forum- false accusation are becoming epidemic. When it first happened to us, I thought we were very much unique but sadly no. Someone, somewhere has to take notice of our plight

Comment

Working...
                                X