Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start again...?!!

Hi all
    Just asking for some information and want to know if anyone else has been in the same position as me. I've already started a thread but after reading it , it did sound a bit vague.
    So I'm starting again ...
    Basically me and my partner were going through a rough time which led him to move out the family home. 3 months later people were searching my house for 'evidence' ... They took nothing except for car insurance details ( bizarre)
    They frightened my son who was 15 at the time and was alone at home trying to get h to sign some paperwork. ( i was at work at the time and my sister rang me up to tell me what was going on)

I was told nothing by the officers except that they were going to seize evidence. Later a phone call from a police station told me my partner was at the station and had been arrested.

It later came to light that he was arrested for conspiracy to rape a minor ( dont know what that means exactly) and that this was a complex case in which 40 ethnic men were also involved in.

As you can imagine i was so angry and confused - how could they accuse him of such things. Who the fook is this so called victim.

Obviously some things i cant divulge on this site as i know it is public. But we are in the 4th year and still my partner is being rebailed for another 4 months.

He is currently on unconditional bail and no bail conditions are stipulated - but the SS have said that he needs to refrain from contacting his kids. This then changed to supervised contact.

I just wanted to know what unconditional bail means and wether he can move back with ya as the police said they dont care where he lives
    Also .. I heard something about bail being set for a limited time. When he goes back to answer bail should they honour the new rules

Arrrrrrrghhhhh !!!!
    Any advice is much appreciated x
    'God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers'

hiya

Originally posted by Genuine View Post
    Hi all
    Just asking for some information and want to know if anyone else has been in the same position as me. I've already started a thread but after reading it , it did sound a bit vague.
    So I'm starting again ...
    Basically me and my partner were going through a rough time which led him to move out the family home. 3 months later people were searching my house for 'evidence' ... They took nothing except for car insurance details ( bizarre)
    They frightened my son who was 15 at the time and was alone at home trying to get h to sign some paperwork. ( i was at work at the time and my sister rang me up to tell me what was going on)

I was told nothing by the officers except that they were going to seize evidence. Later a phone call from a police station told me my partner was at the station and had been arrested.

It later came to light that he was arrested for conspiracy to rape a minor ( dont know what that means exactly) and that this was a complex case in which 40 ethnic men were also involved in.

As you can imagine i was so angry and confused - how could they accuse him of such things. Who the fook is this so called victim.

Obviously some things i cant divulge on this site as i know it is public. But we are in the 4th year and still my partner is being rebailed for another 4 months.

He is currently on unconditional bail and no bail conditions are stipulated - but the SS have said that he needs to refrain from contacting his kids. This then changed to supervised contact.

I just wanted to know what unconditional bail means and wether he can move back with ya as the police said they dont care where he lives
    Also .. I heard something about bail being set for a limited time. When he goes back to answer bail should they honour the new rules

Arrrrrrrghhhhh !!!!
    Any advice is much appreciated x
    The only thing I can say is that a friend of mine was in a similarish position. On unconditional bail, he was on supervised contact. Don't think this means your partner can move back in. The police may not care where he lives, but SS might. Stay on the forum, better advice will come from others

Comment

Originally posted by jittery View Post
      The only thing I can say is that a friend of mine was in a similarish position. On unconditional bail, he was on supervised contact. Don't think this means your partner can move back in. The police may not care where he lives, but SS might. Stay on the forum, better advice will come from others
      Hey
      Thanks for your response jittery.
      The last time i heard from them was 2013 where a SW told me that they were going to close this case as the police were still investigating. They have no problems with the kids and their welfare. If there is a charge they will reopen the case. They tried to make me sign all sorts but i refused. So i dont know where i stand with them. I daren't ring them up either. Its a case of ' let sleeping dogs lie' ... 😁

Are you able to shed any light on the bail limit conditions. Am i right to say the police have only 28 days to make a decision ??

Thanks

Comment

no prob

Hey
        Thanks for your response jittery.
        The last time i heard from them was 2013 where a SW told me that they were going to close this case as the police were still investigating. They have no problems with the kids and their welfare. If there is a charge they will reopen the case. They tried to make me sign all sorts but i refused. So i dont know where i stand with them. I daren't ring them up either. Its a case of ' let sleeping dogs lie' ... 

Are you able to shed any light on the bail limit conditions. Am i right to say the police have only 28 days to make a decision ??

Thanks
        All I can tell you is what happened to my mate. After 7 months he was nfa'd, then he had to go back to court to be allowed to take the kids over to his house at weekends. No expert on bail limit conditions, but I think I've heard that there are no limits if the alleged offence is sexual

Someone like Rights Fighter or Casehardened will know best.

Comment

I understand that the government have made proposals to limit time spent on bail but I believe this is still in the consultation stage so doesn't yet apply.
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
            I understand that the government have made proposals to limit time spent on bail but I believe this is still in the consultation stage so doesn't yet apply.
            Thanks again jittery and casehardened

I guess its another waiting game. Why should that have an impact on our lives. (Yes you can detect a hint of sarcasm)

Comment

hi genuine

Thanks again jittery and casehardened

I guess its another waiting game. Why should that have an impact on our lives. (Yes you can detect a hint of sarcasm)
              I know. Don't think it's entirely the fault of the police. They've been told that they have to assume the offence has taken place. As you'll hear time and again on this forum- guilty until proven innocent, or presumed guilty but not charged due to lack of evidence!

Just do the best you can not to let it affect you. I know that's weak, but it's all people in our position can do.
              Chin up and stay strong!

Comment

Trying

I know. Don't think it's entirely the fault of the police. They've been told that they have to assume the offence has taken place. As you'll hear time and again on this forum- guilty until proven innocent, or presumed guilty but not charged due to lack of evidence!

Just do the best you can not to let it affect you. I know that's weak, but it's all people in our position can do.
                Chin up and stay strong!
                Thanks jittery

I agree that the police have to assume an offence has taken place. But isnt their job to 'seek' the truth rather than try and 'pin' the truth. In my case the police have played a lot of games with me and my partner. They've accused me of giving statements to them against my partner stating that i was the one who told the police about him. This is obviously a load of bull 5hit cos when they tried to get me to speak i said i would do it only on the advice of a solicitor.

Comment

hi

Thanks jittery

I agree that the police have to assume an offence has taken place. But isnt their job to 'seek' the truth rather than try and 'pin' the truth. In my case the police have played a lot of games with me and my partner. They've accused me of giving statements to them against my partner stating that i was the one who told the police about him. This is obviously a load of bull 5hit cos when they tried to get me to speak i said i would do it only on the advice of a solicitor.
                  No idea. As I understand it the police's job is just to see whether there is a case to answer, their only interest is to see whether going to court will result in a conviction or not. I wouldn't know anything about games I'm afraid, I don't play them. If that's how you feel by all means play safe and have a solicitor.

Comment

No idea. As I understand it the police's job is just to see whether there is a case to answer, their only interest is to see whether going to court will result in a conviction or not. I wouldn't know anything about games I'm afraid, I don't play them. If that's how you feel by all means play safe and have a solicitor.
                    Thanks jittery

I guess it would be better for me to explain the whole story but I'm rather suspicious of the police reading this. I've been on here for 10 days and posted more than 5 times. I still cant send a pm to anyone. Any idea why this is so ?

Comment

Thanks jittery

I've been on here for 10 days and posted more than 5 times. I still cant send a pm to anyone. Any idea why this is so ?
                      The cogs may be released on the stroke of midnight on the tenth day or something like that...
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

hi genuine

Thanks jittery

I guess it would be better for me to explain the whole story but I'm rather suspicious of the police reading this. I've been on here for 10 days and posted more than 5 times. I still cant send a pm to anyone. Any idea why this is so ?
                        Can't send a pm to you that option's not available. PM me if you like when it's an option for you, don't know if I'll be able to help, but I'm sure we'll come up with something!

Comment

Working...
                        X